Quantcast

LG AND DXC LUXOFT LAUNCH JOINT VENTURE ALLUTO

Partners Outline Joint Vision to Enable Digital,
Consumer-grade Experiences in Automotive

Alluto-Launch-Event.png

SANTA CLARA, Calif., Mar. 11, 2021 — LG Electronics (066570: KS) and Luxoft, a DXC Technology Company (NYSE: DXC), today announced the launch of their joint venture aimed at advancing the companies’ shared vision at enabling digital, consumer-grade experiences in automotive. Headquartered in Santa Clara, CA, Alluto will drive the commercialization of production-ready digital cockpit, in-vehicle infotainment, passenger-seat entertainment (PSE) and ride-hailing systems based on the webOS Auto platform. The official Alluto launch event will take place online on March 15, 08:00 PDT at .

webOS Auto 2.0 offers access to a growing number of in-vehicle and connected services and brings greater control and convenience through enhanced head unit functionality. Unique in-vehicle features and functionality incorporate the essential components – such as multimedia processing, multi-display control, connectivity and security – to offer improved comfort and convenience to passengers and drivers. As a highly customizable and scalable platform, webOS Auto enables OEMs to create their own user experience.

“With Alluto, carmakers can now tap into the vibrant webOS ecosystem from the edge to cloud and have a new, powerful alternative to innovate and differentiate future mobility experiences,” said Dr. I.P. Park, president and CTO of LG Electronics. “LG will continue to strengthen the webOS Auto ecosystem through strategic cooperation with diverse global technology companies.”

“webOS Auto is not only an attractive platform but also a blueprint for the complete digital vehicle,” said Dmitry Loschinin, executive vice president, DXC Technology, and president and CEO, Luxoft. “DXC Luxoft will lead the deployment of webOS Auto platform in production-ready systems in automotive by contributing its global delivery network and its engineering at-scale delivery organization.”

“Combining webOS with the industry leading technology of Luxoft and DXC represents an unprecedented offering and resource for the automotive market,” said Adam Woolway, CEO of Alluto. “With webOS Auto 2.0, Alluto is paving the road to the future by bringing the experiences from the living room to the car.”

# # #

link hidden, please login to view

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Hblone
      Hallo, I bought a 55un74006LB smart tv in Italy. It seems not to have usb recording capabilities, according to the information on the italian website, but the UK site declare it has. I think it's the same product with the same functions, so how can I turn the live tv and usb recording on? I think I found the options in the service menu but I cannot change the values. Any suggestion?
    • By News Reporter
      Advancing Business Portfolio with Greater Focus on Digital Transformation   

SEOUL, Nov. 25, 2021 — LG Electronics (LG) today announced that William Cho, its Chief Strategy Officer, will also take on the responsibility of Chief Executive Officer effective December 1. LG’s top strategist since 2019, Mr. Cho was responsible for establishing LG’s Business Incubation Center and fostering new businesses opportunities in the form of in-house ventures as well as startup partners during his six-year tenure as president of LG North America.
      Having joined Goldstar in 1987 and spending four years in LG’s overseas office in Germany, Mr. Cho has a storied career including roles as president of LG Canada, Australia and the United States. A graduate of Pusan University, Mr. Cho received his master’s degree in business from Yonsei University in Seoul.
      Other notable changes include the appointment of Kim Byoung-hoon as Chief Technology Officer. Currently serving as the head of the Future Technology Center, Dr. Kim is being promoted to executive vice president and will simultaneously assume the roles of Chief Technology Officer as well as the new Information and Communication Technology leadership position.
      Jang Ik-hwan, a 31-year veteran of LG, is being promoted from SVP to EVP and will assume the top position at the Business Solutions Company after successfully growing the IT business portfolio to make LG one of the fastest-growing brands in the notebook, laptop and monitor business. SVP Eun Seok-hyun has been tapped to lead the Vehicle component Solutions Company as its third and newest president. Mr. Eun was previously responsible for growing the smart business division under the same company.
      Going forward, the new leadership team will accelerate changes focusing even more on customer value in pursuit of growth with each business unit assuming greater responsibility. Toward this end, LG will reorganize its Customer Satisfaction Management Center into the new Customer Value Innovation Office with oversight by the CSO. The role of the CVIO will be to more effectively identify and incorporate customer feedback and pain points into the product planning, development and sales processes. In addition, the Customer Experience Innovation Department under the Home Appliances and Home Entertainment Companies will be upgraded to Customer Experience Innovation Division.
      Also, to discover potential growth engines and expedite future innovations, the M&A department under the umbrella of the Chief Strategy Office will be elevated to division level for more resources. Similarly, to increase its focus on future trends and customer needs, LG’s Life Soft Research (LSR) department will be promoted to Life Soft Research Lab to increase its influence within the Design Management Center. And to speed up its digital transformation process related to customer experience, LG will elevate the AI Big Data department to division level under the watchful eye of the new Chief Data Office (CDO).
      All appointments are effective Dec. 1 with promotions going into effect on the first day of the new year.
      # # #

• By News Reporter
      LG Continues to Push the Limits of Future Mobility with Advanced ADAS Technology

SEOUL, Nov. 25, 2021 — LG Electronics (LG) and Mercedes-Benz AG were named joint winners this week at the annual AutoSens Awards, a global celebration of autonomous driving and advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS).
      Every year the AutoSens conference recognizes companies for innovations in six categories of which LG was nominated in two: 2020 Vision Award and Hardware Development of the Year. The 2020 Vision Award was bestowed to LG and Mercedes-Benz in recognition of their influence, sustainability, contribution to the industry and inspiration to future technologies. The Hardware Development of the Year award was given to LG for successfully commercializing its front multipurpose camera technology beyond the concept stage. LG and Mercedes-Benz have been on ADAS camera technology for the past seven years, seeing the fruits of their labor commercialized in the new sedan which launched last month.
      First started in 2015, the AutoSens Awards celebrates the best innovations and innovators in ADAS and autonomous vehicle technology. Every year, representatives from automakers, suppliers, research labs and academia take part in AutoSens online communities, conferences and training modules, exhibition events and workshops to better understand the fast-growing autonomous vehicle industry, which could not exist without ADAS technology.
      Dr. Park Young-kyung, a Vision AI expert at LG, and Dr. Benjamin Marx of Mercedes-Benz’ multi-purpose camera team accepted the award and delivered a speech where they described the rewarding experience of working together for many years to develop a camera solution that improved real-life safety and met the strict European NCAP safety requirements. The state-of-the-art technology developed by the two companies is capable of taking advantage of deep learning and multi radar sensors to deliver significantly more environmental data to the central processing unit for analysis. More data results in better analysis and greater safety.
      “Demonstration value to our automotive customers is the ultimate reward for LG,” said Dr. Kim Jin-yong, president of the LG Vehicle component Solutions Company. “Being honored together with Mercedes-Benz is very meaningful to LG as we strive to contribute toward innovation in future mobility.”
      # # #

• By Devonman
      Just brought a new  LG Smart TV  less then two weeks ago  done a scan for channels. It’s picked up channel 264 vision TV  worked lovely less than two weeks  now it says invalid service  not impressed Has anyone else had this issue I can get it on my logik small TV with no issues 
    • By News Reporter
      In keeping with LG’s philosophy Art Inspires Technology, Technology Completes Art, LG recently took on the challenge of bringing together an artist with advanced OLED TVs so that masterpieces can be experienced exactly as intended thanks to the true-to-life colors and deep blacks of OLED technology. To mark the launch of LG GX Gallery series OLED TV in France, LG teamed up with pop street artist , renowned for his talent for reinterpreting classic masterpieces by the likes of Leonardo Da Vinci, Frida Kahlo, Gustav Klimt and Andy Warhol.

One of the most creative artists of his generation, Jisbar made history in 2019 by becoming the first artist to combine aspects of art, engineering and physics to send his painting into Earth’s orbit. In fact, his passion for pushing the limits is exactly why he was LG’s partner of choice to create vibrant art for LG’s most advanced OLED TVs.

This talented young artist created three pieces specifically for the LG OLED Gallery, each one boasting a different theme: Sport, Game, Design. One of Jisbar’s three works will be donated to the Téléthon, the 30-hour French charity event that takes place in early December every year to raise funds for neuromuscular diseases research.

In addition to his own unique style and technique, Jisbar is keen to honor the artists who have contributed to the art world over the years. Jisbar frequently paints with the pigment, a signature ultramarine patented by French artist Yves Klein in 1957 that is difficult to recreate. As seen in Jisbar’s work, Sport, the color takes on a whole new level of dynamism and depth on LG OLED TV.

In a demonstration in front of a live audience, Jisbar added finishing touches to Sport, depicting the Greek Titan Atlas carrying the world on his back beside basketball legend Lebron James. Jisbar used a sport-themed color palette of yellow, orange, brown and green to paint an interpretation of Superman to represent athletes’ superhuman athleticism and strength.

Jisbar’s Game painting brings the realms of gaming and television together through gold coins and LEGO bricks. In this explosion of creativity, the dominant presence is a classic reinterpretation of René Magritte’s , the well-known overcoat, bowler hat and green apple revisited with a twist.
      For his final work, Jisbar took its inspiration from The Mona Lisa.

“I diverted from the original masterpiece with several patchworks for her iconic face to bring a more modern and chicer look,” Jisbar explained. “To match the design and premium aspects of LG GX Gallery series OLED TV, I chose to depict the hands from Michelangelo’s and sketches of iconic chair designs including , to express how design is constantly evolving. And to add my trademark touch to the piece, I used the spray tips I often use in my paintings.”

“I’m delighted to have a chance to work with LG with my show-stopping paintings,” added Jisbar.
      Contributed by LG France
      # # #