Quantcast

A STARRING ROLE FOR LG INNOVATION AT BUSAN FILM FESTIVAL

Established in 2011, The Busan Cinema Center is the official venue of the Busan International Film Festival, one of the most popular annual cinematic screening events in Asia. The distinctive building plays host to the festival’s celebrity-packed opening and closing ceremonies, but is also now home to another star – LG Electronics’ mesmerizing Transparent LED Film.

Busan-Film-Festival-01.png

Installed on one of the expansive windows of the Busan Cinema Center, LG’s state-of-the-art Transparent LED Film is immediately eye-catching, stopping visitors and pedestrians in their tracks as they gaze in awe at the vibrant, immense videos and images on displays. The massive installation covers an area of 206 square meters (45m x 4.5m) to create a colorful dynamic panorama that is breathtaking to behold.

Busan-Film-Festival-02.png

The most remarkable part of LG’s Transparent LED Film technology is obviously its transparency, allowing up to 73 percent of light to pass through, comparable to a car’s tinted window. When off, the window resembles an ordinary pane of glass but when turned on, it magically transforms into an impressive display of colors that pop and images that can’t help but command attention.

Busan-Film-Festival-03.png

The film’s scant two millimeter thickness means that the film can be customize to fit into the installation area. The sense of openness that LG Transparent LED Film delivers makes it an excellent solution for settings as wide ranging as corporate and hotel lobbies, museums, event halls, galleries and shopping malls. And because transparency by its very nature doesn’t require spaces to compromise or disrupt their original décor and spatial design, LG’s cutting-edge product allows venues to retain their unique aesthetics.

Busan-Film-Festival-04.png

Versatility is built into the DNA of this solution from LG, which can be configured vertically or horizontally, expanded by adding more film or trimmed parallel to the bezel to fit, if required. The thin film can even be installed with a curvature of up to 1100R, providing even more customization options and flexibility for customers. For the Busan Cinema Center, both the left and right edges of LG’s transparent display were formed into the sloped sides of a parallelogram to match the shape of the building’s windows.

Busan-Film-Festival-05.png
330-meter LG LED Signage at Suwon KT Wiz Park

Adding to the versatility of LG’s solution is its suitability for displaying multiple types of content, from advertisements and announcements to video clips and digital art. Able to meet the commercial display demands of a wide range of industries and sectors, LG offers an extensive lineup of signage solutions, including Micro LED Signage, LG MAGNIT, OLED Signage and Transparent OLED Signage as well as other LED options for indoor and outdoor situations.

Busan-Film-Festival-06.png

As the usage of, and applications for digital signage continue to expand, it is likely that the next generation of displays will offer enhanced, interactive experiences that will attract and enthrall audiences in inventive new ways. And as LG is demonstrating at the Busan Cinema Center, it has the technological and design qualifications to play a starring role in this exciting future.

Click to experience more of the possibilities of LG’s Transparent LED Film.

# # #

* All images and dramatizations are for illustrative purposes only and may differ from the actual product.

link hidden, please login to view

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By ironmonkey
      Just bought an LGLED-65UJ630 65INCH TV. Right away I started to get the message "This app will now restart to free up more memory". After searching the internet and forums, I now understand that this problem is huge, it has been going on for years now and it is right across many models of LG TV's.
      I have tried everything to fix this problem. It has the latest firmware. I did the factory reset and that lasted 4 hours before I got the message back. I turn off the TV and leave it for 10 minutes, maybe one hour later I get the message. I delete browsing history, maybe 10 minutes and I get the message..... you get the message.
      As I understand it, the problem is that LG TV's don't have enough internal memory, but they have shipped a ton of their "smart" TV's with this problem.
      My question is, has anybody heard anything from anybody, anywhere about a solution to this problem. I really want to keep this TV, but it is not fit for purpose in this state.     
    • By News Reporter
      Most everyone agrees that technology and innovation have made our lives immensely easier and more productive. Two decades ago, working and studying from home was an entirely different experience without broadband, smartphones or Zoom. But there has been a need to make such technological innovation more accessible to everyone.
      As part of the company’s new ESG (Environmental, Social and Governance) initiatives covering human rights, LG is committing to making its home appliances more accessible to the physically challenged. The new vertical laundry solution, WashTower, will be the first appliance from LG to include audio instructions and braille overlays. LG will increase the number of more accessible home appliance products and markets over the course of the year, starting with the enhanced WashTower and CordZero M9 robot vacuum cleaner.

Voice instructions in LG WashTower and CordZero M9 vacuum will make it easier for customers with visual impairment to access the appliance’s many advanced features via audio prompts alone. Additional tones will be implemented throughout the washing machine so there is clear feedback whenever a button is pressed to better guide the user in selecting the correct function and options.

Navigating LG WashTower’s Center Control for visually impaired customers will be infinitely more convenient with the use of braille overlays. Accessibility enhancements for more LG products including robot vacuums, washing machines, vacuum cleaners, refrigerators and air conditioners are in the works.
      With a greater commitment toward good ESG management, LG is putting in place the necessary components to help ensure a better society for all and a better life for every customer. This effort has not gone unnoticed by LG’s long-time accessibility partner in the United States, the National Center for Accessible Media (NCAM), who is also a member of the LG Accessibility Advisory Council.

“LG’s U.S. accessibility council activities are particularly noteworthy; global teams from LG come together to host nearly a dozen leading U.S. accessibility experts and disability advocacy organization leaders,” said Donna Danielewski of NCAM. “They provide candid and critical input and feedback on LG’s latest hardware, software, and planned activities – while also receiving updates about LG’s progress along its accessibility journey. Our team in NCAM is always grateful for the opportunity to learn from the council participants (as well as representatives from all levels of LG) while also bringing our own expertise to the table.”
      # # #

• By sumukh A
      Hi ...I have an LG 43" 4K smart tv and recently I noticed that Hotstar app is not working. Whenever I open the app it's just buffering and no content is appearing on screen.
      Can someone tell me what the issue would be. Also if they can help that would be great.
      TIA
    • By News Reporter
      Life as we knew it may never be the same again. More time spent at home has piqued the interest of consumers looking to adopt a more intelligent way of living. This growing desire for seamless, connected, “work and play” environments is what is bringing the future faster to consumers today. Fortune Business Insights predicts1 the smart home market to reach USD 622.59 billion by 2026. In fact, that’s barely scratching the surface if LG ThinQ as anything to say about it.

What makes the smart technology less daunting today is because now everyone has a smartphone. And through that smartphone, consumers can control all aspects of their connected devices from the bed, the car or the office. The fact that the app has been downloaded over 30 million times is proof that there is an audience that’s hungry for the conveniences offered by smart products. But what conveniences are we talking about here?
      Well, in one research study, LG ThinQ app users in the US said they were most satisfied with the app’s remote-control capabilities.2 Although some smart appliances such as robot vacuums are able to do the work for you, there still isn’t a washing machine that can pick up dirty clothes off the floor or a refrigerator that stocks itself. But just being able to control and monitor the home ecosystem from any location brings a whole new dimension of convenience.

The LG ThinQ app was designed to seamlessly connect with the company’s AI-enabled products and services, giving the user full visibility and access to all compatible home appliances while home or on the go. One Korean user discovered LG ThinQ to be an invaluable solution for her laundry routine. “With remote control and monitoring, I can set the washing machine to finish according to my schedule, which means I’m always free to take the laundry out immediately. I no longer have to worry about smelly or wrinkled clothes,” the user said.3

Proactive Customer Care (PCC) and Smart Diagnosis expand the user experience and is another key way ThinQ has made customers’ lives easier. After self-diagnosing every connected appliance on the system, the ThinQ app alerts users and relays insightful suggestions and tips for maintaining their products’ peak performance, such as changing the filter at appropriate times. “It’s great to have the ThinQ app on hand to remind me when it’s time to replace the air purifier filter,” said one participant in the survey. Instead of having to call in and wait hours (or days) for a service technician to visit, PCC and Smart Diagnosis help users identify and resolve the issues themselves. One ThinQ user noted, “Thanks to the PCC feature I’m able to receive alerts on my parent’s appliances so I can do all the maintenance work for them.”

Beyond adding value, LG smart home solutions are delivering more environmentally friendly features to match the priorities of environmentally-conscious consumers. In fact, energy-saving capabilities are one of the top drivers for American consumers switching from conventional devices to smart home products, according to the survey.
      On the LG ThinQ app, energy monitoring dashboards displaying monthly usage information are available for every appliance so that users can see where they might be able to save energy by modifying their behavior. “I can never remember if I shut the refrigerator door all the way or switched the TV off,” admitted an environmental advocate who participated in the research. “Being able to check and control all of this on my phone is a huge relief.”
      Vacation mode is another proven way to minimize energy use in the home when empty, and features such as Active Save perform tasks like measuring refrigerator openings throughout the day so that refrigerators can switch from low to high power modes automatically, all according to when the user prefers using them.

The ThinQ app is constantly evolving to better meet consumer needs. Additional features to be introduced in the 1st half of this year include Scan-To-Cook and Meal Kit orders which take the stress out of planning and preparing meals at home. Future features and services will focus on delivering the freedom and convenience that make LG customers’ lives measureably more comfortable than without ThinQ.
      Learn more about LG’s smart appliances and the ThinQ app at .
      # # #
      2 Kantar survey commissioned by LG surveyed 500 respondents with household incomes within the top 60 percentile in New York City, Los Angeles and Chicago.
      3 Nielsen survey commissioned by LG interviewed 40 Korean IoT brand users between ages 20-44.

• By Ganesh kannan R
      LG Team,

Recently brought the LG 49 " 4K TV. But looks like made a big mistake brought the fully smart TV with LG.  Many apps not available like Jio/Hot star apps into the smart . SO FINALLY LG is not a smart TV it's like ordinary TV. Can you confirm when these apps will be available in LG webstore to install in devices
      Let us know
      -Ganesh kannan