Question

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

48 minutes ago, td47 said:

@Janusz Łaski Ensure that your Windows 10 device is at least at OS version 20H1, or better still 20H2. They have improved the casting/projecting software, to make it more reliable.

Thanks for reply. Actually, I'm on 20H2. I am convinced, it is LG WebOS (version 05.00.01) related as I have this issue on few laptops including one with the newest insider win10 version (21XX).

Is it work for you as it should? What is your firmware version?

@Janusz Łaski I have an older LG, and also a Foxtel box (soon to get a Fetch box to replace it), so have rarely needed to connect my Laptop. Have done the clunky connecting by HDMI cable before, as my laptop has an HDMI port (for missed episodes not on any catchup services).

I think the latest C9 firmware is now 05.00.03 (they might not document all fixes in the Release Notes) :

[05.00.03]
1. Launcher visibility improvement
2. Launcher exposure when TV is turned on

See here, or search LG site with your actual model number:

link hidden, please login to view

Download that to USB stick and install it manually. If that does not fix your issue, you might have to get a "Miracast dongle"! for your TV, if you have a spare HDMI port to use. They are from $11, $40 at Jaycar, $80 for the official Microsoft one.

Edited by td47
typo

@td47 Thank you for hints. I am on newest firmware issued for OLED65C9PLA i.e. 05.00.10 (sorry for typo in OP). I know that there is plenty of options to cast video from my PC.  Here, I am trying to figure out whether my TV's behavior is common or rather I have something messed with my BeOS settings or something.

@Janusz Łaski Ensure that your laptop WiFi is on the same frequency band as the TV (i.e. if the TV is using the 2.4GHz band SSID, connect the laptop to the same SSID, likewise with the 5.0GHz band SSID). Some routers combine the 2 bands under ONE SSID, that makes it difficult.  If you can log into our router, and split the 2 into 2 seperate SSID names, that might help if that is the case.

Also, I heard that having the TV on a LAN cable, and other devices (e.g. Laptop) on WiFi, gives some routers an issue, in that they do not always pass all the required brodacast or negotiation (initialization) packets between WiFi and LAN. This definately affects Apple AirPlay, and maybe AirPlay2 as well, dpenending on your router model, and its security settings, and may well affect casting, screen mirroring, and certain player types and complex sharing apps.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By ccorreia
      We need DS Video app for Sinology NAS. samsung already has it.

• By Kuriko
      Hey, I have 3 NAS (DLNA) successfully connected to my OLED65C97LA since months and from one day to another all three have the same issue. So I must be a bug in LG TV? But I do not know what to do?
      - I can click on all 3 DLNA and its open a choice box for "music" or "image and video".
      - Click on all 3 DLNA for "music" and I get access to this DLNA and see my music files and can play it.
      - Click on all 3 DLNA für "image and video" and I get now only a black screen. I can move the cursor and open menus, but DLNA is black.
      Am I the only one with this problem?
    • By News Reporter
      Across the world, hospitals and health care facilities have been put to the ultimate test, pushed to their absolute limits. To help ease the burden on the Polish health care system, LG supported the 29th Annual Grand Finale fundraiser hosted by the Great Orchestra of Christmas Charity (GOCC), the largest independent non-profit charity in Poland, to raise money that will be used to help care for the nation’s most vulnerable children.

Since 1993, the GOCC has been supporting and promoting health care in Poland by purchasing state-of-the-art medical equipment for the nation’s hospitals and clinics, as well as establishing and running several medical and educational programs. The charity’s Grand Finale fundraiser on January 31 was packed to the brim with events, activities, concerts and sporting challenges that brought diverse communities together for non-stop fun and fund raising. By reaching out to regions with thriving Polish communities, the GOCC was also able to set up 79 international Collection Centres in locations such as Singapore, Bali, Mexico and as far away as a research station at the North Pole.

LG kitted the Grand Finale TV studio out with 80 LG monitors, among them professional 4K LG UltraFine monitors with Ergo stands for use by studio volunteers during the grueling 27 hour long fundraiser that was televised nationally and streamed live on the Grand Finale website.

To raise awareness and encourage more people to get involved, LG Poland also donated a smart LG Vivace washer dryer with Allergy Care to the Grand Finale’s online charity auction. Featuring steam to disinfect clothes and eliminate germs, LG Vivace proved to be a highly sought after product, attracting a host of bidders. To bring even more viewers and donations to the table, LG and partners promoted the GOCC 2021 event continuously on their social media channels.

Photo Credit: Lukasz Widziszowski
      “With everything that has been going on and the social-distancing restrictions in place, this year we decided to focus on a digital fundraiser to introduce our kindhearted benefactors to donating online.” said GOCC spokesperson Olga Zawada. “Preliminary results totaled PLN 127,495,626 (USD 34.2 million), making it one of the highest preliminary amounts we’ve raised in our almost 30-year history, thanks in large part to online donations.” All proceeds from the auction were used to purchase potentially life-changing medical equipment for laryngology, otolaryngology and head diagnostics.
      Jerzy Owsiak, Chairman, GOCC (Photo Credit: Marcin Wichon)
      In an interview at the studio, Jerzy Owsiak, Chairman of the Board of the GOCC, personally thanked LG Poland for its contribution to the Grand Finale and LG’s entire Poland team is proud to have been able to support this noble initiative that shares LG’s goals – to make lives better.
      By LG Poland Staff
      # # #

link hidden, please login to view
    • By RichardD
      Hi,
      My problem if finding out how to pop iup a small (DVE) window somewhere over the main window.
        For example.   When HDMI-1 is selected, I want to display HDMI-2 in a small window somewhere on top of the original (HDMI-1) screen.
      is anyone able to tell me if the SDK support this function?   I would ideally like to control it via a Rasberry Pi.
      Thanks in advance
    • By RichardD
      Hi,
      Mi problem if finding out how to pop iup a small (DVE) window somewhere over the main window.
      For example.   When HDMI-1 is selected, I want to display HDMI-2 in a small window somewhere on top of the original (HDMI-1) screen.
      Can/How do I do this.   
      Happy to use an API.
      Thanks in advance

Rich