Quantcast

How to disable LG media server??

Effn Scotty

Question

I have a win10 HTPC with all my media files on it. It's connected via HDMI to my home theatre amp which is connected to my LG tv via HDMI. If I'm watching a local stored movie or listening to my music collection on my HTPC it plays on the home theatre speakers and the TV just acts as a computer monitor. If I'm watching tv the audio is via the internal speakers or connected sound bar.

Something has happened and now whenever I try to play music the LG tv automatically overides the amp and plays the music through the tv with its media server. How do I disable this function please?? I don't really want the tv to perform any media serving functions.

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Dimetrius Smith
      Hello guys
      When i try to open home dashboard i see notification
      How can i fix it?
    • By News Reporter
      A major part of any film project is the reviewing, editing and manipulating of video and sound – tasks that require high-quality displays that can run multiple applications and data streams and provide the most accurate image reproduction. LG has applied its self-lit display technology to create the LG UltraFine OLED Pro series, a lineup of professional-grade monitors offering various features and capabilities needed for media and film production.

To promote its first-class displays and show its support for the cinematic arts, LG is actively seeking opportunities to sponsor professional societies and innovative educational institutions dedicated to advancing the medium of film. Recently, the company established a partnership program with Griffith Film School, a well-known Australian institution that continues to supply the entertainment industry with talented and capable people. Through the new program, LG will furnish Griffith’s Brisbane campus with a number of LG UltraFine OLED Pro monitors to support students as they learn their craft.

Designed with film and media professionals in mind, LG UltraFine OLED Pro monitors (models 32BP95E, 27BP95E, 32EP950 and 27EP950) boast premium 4K OLED displays that deliver natural, accurate colors with 99 percent (typical) coverage of both the DCI-P3 and Adobe RGB color space. This wide range of color gamut enables the monitor to sufficiently reproduce color areas of multiple standards and represent accurately the exact computed color values that film directors’ use. With 1,000,000:1 high contrast ratio, almost all colors and visuals that creators or editors intended can be presented precisely. Bringing the advantages of OLED’s self-lit pixels to the desktop, the monitors also provide superb HDR and SDR performance.

Founded in 2004, Griffith Film School is one of the largest learning institutes of its kind in Australia. Notable Griffith alumni include Matthew Hanger, a multi-award-winning visual effects artist, and Peter Spierig, an award-winning feature film director. The school offers an array of specialized programs, including cinematography, post-production, visual effects, screen music, production design, documentary-making, computer animation and game design – creative endeavors that are perfectly matched to LG UltraFine OLED Pro monitors.

“Working with LG really makes sense for us as they understand the unique needs we have as filmmakers – and that’s something you can clearly see in the capabilities and feature sets of their monitors,” said Herman Van Eyken, head professor at Griffith Film School. “LG UltraFine OLED Pro monitors are state-of-the-art monitors that provide the faithful image reproduction that our students need to realize their artistic vision.”
      As a result of the partnership, both students and faculty members at Griffith Film School will get to explore everything that LG UltraFine OLED Pro monitors have to offer. LG UltraFine OLED Pro monitors are available to use in the school’s Grading Suite while several units of the equally impressive LG UltraWide monitor (model 40WP95C) are installed in the Editing Suite.
      # # #

link hidden, please login to view
    • By Rahul Sharma
      I am getting this above error PI 1001_404_1 NAS continuously while watching hotstar disney. Pls help me to fix this.
    • By News Reporter
      Bringing Superb Mini LED Picture Quality to the Healthcare Sector, Company’s Latest
      Surgical Display Delivers Outstanding Image Accuracy, Performance and Convenience

SEOUL, Nov. 15, 2022 — LG Electronics (LG) is unveiling its first 27-inch, 4K surgical monitor with Mini LED technology (model 27HQ710S) at MEDICA 2022, the international tradeshow for the medical sector taking place in Düsseldorf, Germany, from November 14-17.
      LG 4K Mini LED surgical monitor boasts exceptional picture quality courtesy of the company’s Mini LED technology, which provides clear, precise images. The product’s 27-inch, 4K resolution (3,840 x 2,160) screen leverages thousands of tiny LED diodes to provide a peak brightness of 2,000cd/m² and a 1,000:1 contrast ratio. With an impressive 1,500 local dimming zones, the surgical monitor displays vibrant, high quality color images with consistent brightness across the entire screen.
      In addition to contributing to excellent image reproduction, LG’s new surgical monitor’s bright, high quality display is suitable for use in hospital operating rooms and surgical centers. The surgical monitor also covers 20 percent more of the sRGB color gamut than its predecessor (model 27HJ710S). The combination of these attributes, along with a compact and easy to clean design, makes LG’s surgical monitor a valuable addition to the surgical suite.
      Furthermore, the design of the new surgical monitor delivers the durability and reliability optimized for the surgical environment. Thanks to the use of Optical Bonding Glass, the 27HQ710S reduces distracting reflections from theater lighting, while the product protects its front and rear (IP45- and IP32-rated, respectively) against foreign material and splashes.
      “The market for medical monitors that can deliver bright, high quality color images in true 4K resolution is growing in size, and this is reflected in the products being showcased at this year’s MEDICA,” said Silas Choi, vice president and head of the B2B solution business division at LG Business Solutions Company. “The 27HQ710S is the result of LG’s efforts to bring its superior LED technology to the medical sector. We believe that this new model will be a valuable addition to the surgical suite.”
      Visitors to LG’s exhibition booth (Hall 10, Stand D40) at MEDICA 2022 can explore the full range of LG medical displays, including the new 4K Mini LED surgical monitor.
      Specifications:
      LG Surgical Monitor (27HQ710S)
      Panel Inch (Aspect Ratio) 27-inch (16:9) Resolution 4K (3,840 x 2,160) Backlight Technology Mini LED Surface Treatment Protection Glass (1.3t, Anti-reflection, Anti-fingerprint) Color Gamut (Typ.) DCI-P3 110.9% (CIE1976, Area), DCI-P3 98% (CIE1976, Coverage), sRGB 139% (Area), sRGB 100% (Coverage)
      Viewing Angles (CR≥10) 178° (Right / Left), 178° (Up / Down)
      Brightness (Typ.) 800cd/m2 Contrast Ratio (Typ.) 1000: 1 Response Time 5ms (GTG (Gray-to-Gray)) Feature DICOM Compliant Yes HW Calibration Yes HDR HDR 10, HDR Effect Super Resolution+ Yes Video Signals
      Input Terminals HDMI 2.0 x1, DisplayPort x1, DVI x1, 3G-SDI x1 Output Terminals DisplayPort x1, DVI x1, 3G-SDI x1 Connectivity USB 1 Upstream (ver. 3.0), 1 Downstream (ver. 3.0) Power Input AC: 100-240VAC, 50/60Hz Monitor DC in 19V~24V
      Power Consumption (Max.) 120W Power Consumption (DC Off) Less than 0.3W Resistance Rating IP45 (Front), IP32 (Excluding Front), IK06 User Convenience Picture-By-Picture: Yes (2PBP / 3PBP / 4PBP) / Picture-In-Picture: Yes Rotation & Mirror Mode, Failover Input Switch, 2 Hot Keys, Flicker Safe
      Physical Specifications Weight 8.0kg (18lb) # # #

• By News Reporter
      Commemorating national Energy Star Day 2022 in the United States, LG joined forces with home improvement retailer Lowe’s and non-profit Rebuilding Together to help a deserving family in Charlotte, North Carolina, USA, under the theme of “Save Today, Save Tomorrow and Save for Good” with energy efficiency upgrades using Energy Star certified LG home appliances.

“Rebuilding Together and Lowe’s are longtime partners and know the importance of making sure to replace or repair homes with materials that will last while also saving the homeowner money on energy bills,” said Beth Morrison, executive director of Rebuilding Together, who thanked LG — 2022 Energy Star Partner of the Year — for its important role in providing energy efficient appliances.
      Gary and Pat Turpin moved to the Hidden Valley neighborhood of Charlotte in 2000 after Mr. Turpin served in the U.S. Army, where he received the National Defense Service Medal among other honors. Mr. Turpin is visually impaired, and it has been difficult for the family to keep up with home repairs and maintenance.

Volunteers from Lowe’s, LG and other local businesses converged on the Turpins’ home on Energy Star Day, Oct. 12. to replace kitchen and laundry room appliances and flooring, repair roofs and insulate for weatherization, paint interiors and exteriors and install smoke detectors and handicap-accessible features.
      The Energy Star appliance upgrades including an LG refrigerator, dishwasher and clothes washer and dryer will help make life easier for this family, adding convenience and energy efficiency to everyday living and saving them money over time. According to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, by choosing ENERGY STAR products such as appliances from LG, a typical household can save about USD 450 on their energy bills and still enjoy the quality and performance they expect.
      The refrigerator LG provided earned the Energy Star Most Efficient 2022 designation — representing the year’s very best products for energy savings and environmental protection — along with an Energy Star certified dishwasher. Rebuilding Together completed the kitchen makeover by installing an LG electric range and over-the-range microwave oven.

As part of the home’s energy efficiency upgrades, Lowe’s and Rebuilding Together also are installing an Energy Star certified LG top-load washer and companion Energy Star certified LG dryer. Clothes washers and dryers that earn the Energy Star use about 20 percent less energy and about 30 percent less water than traditional models. To improve both indoor air quality and energy efficiency, LG also is providing the family an Energy Star certified air purifier.

With support from a USD 350,000 grant from the Lowe’s Foundation in March, this project is one of more than 40 critical home repair projects planned for the Hidden Valley neighborhood as part of Rebuilding Together’s Building a Healthy Neighborhood program. Hidden Valley has a concentration of older single-family homes that are significantly less energy efficient than others across the country, on average. According to the EPA, low-income households pay up to three times more on home energy costs, as a proportion of total income and some are spending nearly 20 percent of their income on utility bills.

“LG’s support of Energy Star Day 2022, in cooperation with the EPA, Lowe’s and Rebuilding Together, reflects our commitment to the environment and the community – core business principles for our company,” said John Taylor, senior vice president and head of corporate social responsibility and sustainability of LG USA. “This Energy Star Day and every day, LG and Energy Star help you save for good – for all the good things you want in your life and for a healthier planet for you and your family.”
      Contributed by LG USA
      # # #