Quantcast

LG 43UH661V doesn't show website after update to 05.50.95

My parrents have a LG 43UH661V TV (and no computer or smartphone) and because of Corona, they watch church services every Sunday at

link hidden, please login to view
After we accepted a software update to version 05.50.95 last weekend, this website no longer works. LG Netherlands cannot help us. They say LG headquarters is not interested in this kind of streaming websites (LG wants sites to develop an app for LG is what LG Netherlands said). Downgrading the software is also not possible since version 05. How are we going to solve this?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi. I see you have had no replies after 2 weeks.  This is a user forum only and LG does not care about all the frustrations ( including mine) with their product.  I am not even sure they look at this forum. The old saying " caveat emptor" applies.

LG browser ( OS) is  useless and originally one used by HP a long time ago. As far as I can see, the only thing you can do is get your family a tablet and cast the image onto the big screen.  I use a smart phone, iPad  and PC's and I am disgusted with the outdated technology in the LG I bought a year ago. Wish I had done my research !

I got so fed up with my LG TV lacking streaming I went and bought an  Amazon Firestick and put in one one of the HDMI slots at the back of the TV - now I have no problems streaming.  LG TV technology is poor.

There are a lot of YouTube videos as well that help you to set it up your FireStick. There is one called Tanya Firestick where she even has a live chat every Wednesday to answer questions live.

Steve

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By SergeNault
      Hello all, quick question, 
      I have an LG Smart TV, with the latest firmware ( 04.50.56), that is connected to a PVR ( Cisco).  That PVR, via a cable company called Videotron,  has about 50 of exercise videos of 20 minutes recorded over that past years.  I wish to move away from my existing TV provider, but before doing so, I'm trying to figure out how to export the videos into an external drive ( USB, cloud) , so that I can re-use them. Some people have suggested to remove the hard drive from the PVR and export to a USB, but those files are encrypted.  So outside of using my Iphone and actually record the shows, is there a better quality way of doiing it?  I'm thinking some sort of app, that the TV can download, and then record to a USB drive for example.  Thanks for sharing any positive outcome.
      Serge
    • By Roy Brown
      webOS updated, I think to 2023, on my C2 a couple of days ago. Since then the News option on the Sky News app no longer works, instead timing out. The Weather and Climate options still work, though.
      I have deleted and reloaded the Sky News app, but the problem remains.
      Does anybody have any suggestions of what I might try to get this working again, or is this something for LG, or Sky, to fix?
    • By Alex
      Automatic Firmware Update
      Press the Home/Smart button on your remote to bring up your launcher bar.
      Click the Settings icon in the top-right.
      Choose the All Settings option at the bottom.
      Choose the General menu from the left.
      Scroll down, near the bottom of the list, and select About this TV.
      From here, make sure Allow automatic updates is checked, and click the Check for updates button.
      If an update is found, follow the steps on screen to download and install it.

• By Magsing
      The youtube app on WebOS has a gear icon that's labeled "settings", used to toggle the speed normally to 1.25x, 1.5x, etc. It stopped working about 3 days ago, when clicking on the gear icon nothing happens. I've hard reset the tv, ive deleted and reinstalled youtube app, tried messing with DNS. nothing works. Seems to be a bug, likely a result of some update in backend, should be trivial to fix. But tried calling LG about it and went nowhere with their help desk. 
    • By Wondering
      After viewing photos/videos on a flashdrive plugged into the USB of an LG TV and using SmartShare to view... and then removing the USB and then no longer having access to the TV... I noticed on the flashdrive a new folder called "LG TV" and within what appears to be files that may have been the thumbnails displayed on the TV. My question is... do those thumbnails also remain on the TV as recent history even without the USB plugged in? The LG Smart TV online user guide refers to "Recent" ("To view a list of recently viewed or added content, select Recent). Would thumbnails be there without the source flashdrive?