Quantcast

LG 43UH661V doesn't show website after update to 05.50.95

My parrents have a LG 43UH661V TV (and no computer or smartphone) and because of Corona, they watch church services every Sunday at

link hidden, please login to view
After we accepted a software update to version 05.50.95 last weekend, this website no longer works. LG Netherlands cannot help us. They say LG headquarters is not interested in this kind of streaming websites (LG wants sites to develop an app for LG is what LG Netherlands said). Downgrading the software is also not possible since version 05. How are we going to solve this?

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi. I see you have had no replies after 2 weeks.  This is a user forum only and LG does not care about all the frustrations ( including mine) with their product.  I am not even sure they look at this forum. The old saying " caveat emptor" applies.

LG browser ( OS) is  useless and originally one used by HP a long time ago. As far as I can see, the only thing you can do is get your family a tablet and cast the image onto the big screen.  I use a smart phone, iPad  and PC's and I am disgusted with the outdated technology in the LG I bought a year ago. Wish I had done my research !

I got so fed up with my LG TV lacking streaming I went and bought an  Amazon Firestick and put in one one of the HDMI slots at the back of the TV - now I have no problems streaming.  LG TV technology is poor.

There are a lot of YouTube videos as well that help you to set it up your FireStick. There is one called Tanya Firestick where she even has a live chat every Wednesday to answer questions live.

Steve

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.