Quantcast

LG’S WEBOS 6.0 SMART TV PLATFORM DESIGNED FOR HOW VIEWERS CONSUME CONTENT TODAY

New Home Screen, Magic Remote and Functionality Bring LG TV
Owners the Most Intuitive and Enjoyable User Experience Yet

LG-Magic-Remote-All-Regions-600x338.jpg

SEOUL, Jan. 8, 2021 — LG Electronics (LG) today announces the introduction of webOS 6.0 for its 2021 OLED, QNED Mini LED, NanoCell and UHD smart TVs. Paired with the new Magic Remote, the latest version of the company’s acclaimed smart TV platform offers viewers a more enjoyable and intuitive content discovery experience. The upgraded LG ThinQ AI in webOS 6.0 supports new voice commands for both Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa, making TV management and searching across streaming services, internet and broadcast channels easier than ever before.

Users familiar with webOS will immediately notice the attractively updated home screen redesigned for enhanced usability and to meet the needs of viewers’ changing content consumption habits. The New Home screen provides faster access to the most frequently used apps and streamlines content discovery with recommendations based on the user’s preferences and viewing history. All displayed full-screen to show preferred content and related information at one glance, the New Home acts as a central hub for settings and the greater webOS ecosystem.

Beyond the new premium design, Magic Remote offers simpler controls when using voice recognition with LG’s multi-AI offerings of LG ThinQ, Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant. Simple to navigate, slick, easy to hold and use, the new Magic Remote offers more user-friendly features including faster connections between the TV and other devices and hot keys for accessing popular content providers such as Netflix and Amazon Prime Video. Magic Tap, a one-touch NFC function on the Magic Remote, provides instant access to a host of exciting viewing possibilities. By simply touching an NFC-enabled smartphone to the remote, viewers can share content from their phones to the TV or vice versa. Users can view content stored on their mobile phones on their LG TVs while continuing to use their favorite smartphone apps and features.

Leveraging the latest in AI technology, TV voice controls and Magic Remote, all viewers have to do to get the info they need is speak up. Magic Explorer, an enhanced version of LG’s Magic Link, delivers informative content related to what’s showing on screen so viewers can learn more about the actors, locations and other items of interest in the movies and shows they’re watching. The content dependent feature also delivers the easiest and friendliest shopping experience for products appearing across select broadcast channels and LG TV services including Live TV, Gallery, Settings and TV Guide by changing the color of the cursor whenever Magic Explorer has information to share.

What’s more, the new Next Picks feature analyzes viewers’ preferences to discover more content suited to their tastes. Using viewing history data, Next Picks recommends two live programs from broadcast or set-top box offerings as well as one VOD title or app that viewers will find most to their liking, saving viewers the time and hassle of finding what to watch next.

“The latest version of our user-friendly open TV platform webOS 6.0 represents the most significant update since we first introduced webOS in 2014,” said Park Hyoung-sei, president of LG Home Entertainment Company. “With the new edition of webOS, LG is demonstrating its commitment of offering services, products and technologies that respond to the needs and wants of our valued customers.”

LG’s newest TVs featuring webOS 6.0 will be on display in during CES 2021 starting January 11.

# # #

link hidden, please login to view

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By News Reporter
      SEOUL, Nov. 30, 2021 – As a longtime CES exhibitor, LG Electronics plans to create a new approach to engaging audiences to experience LG’s latest technology innovations at CES 2022.
      As always, CES represents the global launchpad for dozens of new LG products. At its traditional location – the 22,000-square-foot booth at the main entrance to the Central Hall in the Las Vegas Convention Center – LG will seamlessly connect visitors from the physical space to LG’s virtual experience leveraging both virtual and augmented reality. Constructed of upcycled, recycled and recyclable materials, the welcoming space will feature a series of kiosks where visitors can experience the best life possible with LG products.
      Visitors will take a self-guided tour using QR codes as they navigate through the physical experience, interacting with CES 2022 Innovation Award-winning LG consumer electronics and home appliance products via AR. Other kiosks will feature immersive VR digital art including LG’s immersive curved OLED video walls from CES over the years, a show favorite. Wherever they may be, audiences around the world will be able to access the same content and participate digitally in the LG CES experience.
      What’s more, LG has again been named official CES technology partner for the press rooms and member lounges, which will feature award-winning LG OLED TVs.
      “We look forward to seeing what LG, a long-time innovation leader at CES, has in store for visitors in January,” said Karen Chupka, executive vice president of CES at the Consumer Technology Association, the organizer of CES. “CES 2022 will enable attendees in Las Vegas to experience LG’s technology using AR and VR. Audience joining CES digitally from across the globe will be able to experience the same ground breaking tech, through LG’s digital activation.”
      # # #

• By RobLGSucks
      Hi,
      I have an LG OLED55B7A that has been rebooting randomly ever since I updated it to webOS 6.00.05 about 6 months ago.  I have noted there is a new webOS version 6.00.20 available.   Has anyone here had the same rebooting problem, and if so, did the latest webOS correct the issue?
      In general, my setup has the LG tv doing as little as possible - it is simply a display for my Roku box via my AVR, as the TV's interface and apps slowly became completely unusable about a year after purchase.  So, no ethernet, no WiFi, all services turned off, etc., and this helped with all of the performance issues, except the rebooting. 

@ LG :  if you ever read this - you have done a TERRIBLE job of managing the software on these TVs.  webOS started off as a real alternative to all of the external set top boxes, but now, I will *never* *ever* buy another LG TV again, and I tell everyone I know to avoid them.  Worst product management in the consumer electronics industry in the past 10 years.
      Thanks fellow sufferers for any tips.
      Rob
    • By News Reporter
      Advancing Business Portfolio with Greater Focus on Digital Transformation   

SEOUL, Nov. 25, 2021 — LG Electronics (LG) today announced that William Cho, its Chief Strategy Officer, will also take on the responsibility of Chief Executive Officer effective December 1. LG’s top strategist since 2019, Mr. Cho was responsible for establishing LG’s Business Incubation Center and fostering new businesses opportunities in the form of in-house ventures as well as startup partners during his six-year tenure as president of LG North America.
      Having joined Goldstar in 1987 and spending four years in LG’s overseas office in Germany, Mr. Cho has a storied career including roles as president of LG Canada, Australia and the United States. A graduate of Pusan University, Mr. Cho received his master’s degree in business from Yonsei University in Seoul.
      Other notable changes include the appointment of Kim Byoung-hoon as Chief Technology Officer. Currently serving as the head of the Future Technology Center, Dr. Kim is being promoted to executive vice president and will simultaneously assume the roles of Chief Technology Officer as well as the new Information and Communication Technology leadership position.
      Jang Ik-hwan, a 31-year veteran of LG, is being promoted from SVP to EVP and will assume the top position at the Business Solutions Company after successfully growing the IT business portfolio to make LG one of the fastest-growing brands in the notebook, laptop and monitor business. SVP Eun Seok-hyun has been tapped to lead the Vehicle component Solutions Company as its third and newest president. Mr. Eun was previously responsible for growing the smart business division under the same company.
      Going forward, the new leadership team will accelerate changes focusing even more on customer value in pursuit of growth with each business unit assuming greater responsibility. Toward this end, LG will reorganize its Customer Satisfaction Management Center into the new Customer Value Innovation Office with oversight by the CSO. The role of the CVIO will be to more effectively identify and incorporate customer feedback and pain points into the product planning, development and sales processes. In addition, the Customer Experience Innovation Department under the Home Appliances and Home Entertainment Companies will be upgraded to Customer Experience Innovation Division.
      Also, to discover potential growth engines and expedite future innovations, the M&A department under the umbrella of the Chief Strategy Office will be elevated to division level for more resources. Similarly, to increase its focus on future trends and customer needs, LG’s Life Soft Research (LSR) department will be promoted to Life Soft Research Lab to increase its influence within the Design Management Center. And to speed up its digital transformation process related to customer experience, LG will elevate the AI Big Data department to division level under the watchful eye of the new Chief Data Office (CDO).
      All appointments are effective Dec. 1 with promotions going into effect on the first day of the new year.
      # # #

• By anton de Freitas
      Why does my my Smart TV keep displaying network disconnected network connected
    • By Visalbot
      If I know LG TV give me a hard time like this I didn't buy LG Smart TV. I just bought LG UHD TV 43UP77, and now got stuck with no Netflix on LG Store, and when I press Netflix logo on magic remote, a message poppped up " Content is unavailable. This page is not available"  oh shit....... feel regretful