Quantcast

LG HOSTS TECH LEADERS IN VIRTUAL “FUTURE TALK” ON THE VALUE OF OPEN INNOVATION IN A NEW ERA

LG CTO Discusses Company’s Open Innovation Strategy and the Importance
of Working Together Towards a United Goal to Make Life Good for All

Dr. I.P. Park, president and CTO of LG Electronics, explaining the LG ThinQ brand's exciting plans such as the creation of an ecosystem connecting products and services across categories on stage during LG Future Talk.

SEOUL, Jan. 12, 2021 — Dr. I.P. Park, president and CTO of LG Electronics (LG), took to the virtual stage at the all-digital CES® 2021 to share the company’s inspiring vision for open innovation in the era of social distancing. As the host of LG Future Talk, Dr. Park explained and demonstrated how open innovation has been the underlying principle of the company’s latest technological breakthroughs.

In a year of unprecedented change, LG’s unwavering commitment to making life better has remained firm, as has its ability to meet the changing needs of consumers worldwide. To illustrate this point, Dr. Park highlighted groundbreaking products such as the LG PuriCare Wearable Air Purifier and LG Smart Thermal Camera which effortlessly help to ensure consumers’ well-being and safety. LG is also adapting its CLOi robots for various environments and tasks – from disinfecting high-traffic areas in public and commercial spaces to making door-to-door deliveries and serving food in restaurants – to improve hygiene and minimize health risks for both employees and customers.

The core of today’s talk centered around open innovation, where Dr. Park was joined by Gary Shapiro, president and CEO of the Consumer Technology Association, to talk about the growing power of partnership across disciplines and industries to deliver what is right for consumers. The LG Innovation Council is a prime example of LG’s many collaborative initiatives, bringing together a group of experts from a broad range of tech sector companies to learn, cooperate, discover new opportunities and find new ways to improve people’s lives.

“Technologies and disciplines are converging to facilitate a host of digital innovations – AI, 5G connectivity, IoT, cloud, sensors, navigation, batteries – and they are transforming mobility which is a huge part of our lives,” remarked Shapiro. “And we’re seeing that sort of change in so many other areas too: transport, logistics, agriculture, healthcare and even food.”

This open approach to innovation provides the basis for everything that LG is working towards, especially under its LG ThinQ brand, which encompasses the company’s AI and IoT-enabled devices. Dr. Park outlined exciting plans to develop an ecosystem by connecting all products and services across categories, providing consumers with a fulfilling user experience and unsurpassed convenience. “It’s not just about individual appliances and devices that have AI capacity and connectivity, it’s more about building an ecosystem where LG and partners work together to expand, enhance and enrich what we offer to those we serve,” said Dr. Park.

Joined by David Rabie, CEO of Tovala, whose oven-ready meal kits will soon be available for purchase in the LG ThinQ Store, Dr. Park envisioned an evolved ThinQ app that goes beyond control and monitoring functionality to become a full digital lifestyle platform. Through diverse partnerships and by implementing new features such as Scan-to-Cook, which lets users instantly apply the right oven settings for select pre-prepared meals by simply scanning the packaging’s barcode, LG makes home management effortless so customers can focus more on the things that matter to them most.

Dr. Park was again joined by Jean-François Gagné, CEO of Element AI, who last year helped Dr. Park announce the Levels of AI Experience framework at CES 2020. The two companies along with other partners are developing a new innovative platform, AIX Exchange, that will enable industry leaders, researchers, policymakers and consumers to engage directly with one another to discuss how to best implement AI for the good of all. Dr. Park also revealed some of the intelligent technologies LG has been working on, including Vision Pack, which will augment the existing AI capabilities of the company’s ThinQ refrigerators and smart mirrors.

Another key point of the talk centered on LG’s vision for creating a consistent and connected user experience that extends to all areas of consumers’ lives. Together with Dmitry Loschinin, executive vice president of DXC Technology and president and CEO of Luxoft, Dr. Park unveiled LG and DXC Luxoft’s new joint venture named Alluto, which will reimagine the in-vehicle experience, leveraging LG’s webOS Auto to seamlessly connect car to home and office. As an illustration of the potential of webOS, Dr. Park presented a new smart cabin concept that will offer immersive interactive experiences for passengers as well as the possibility of a cloud-based mobility ecosystem suitable for a variety of commercial and public applications, including intelligent fleet management in tomorrow’s smart cities.

“We come back to the importance of working together across industries because building and expanding this kind of ecosystem is absolutely a multidisciplinary effort,” emphasized Dr. Park. “It’s all about teamwork, collaboration and partnership when it comes to innovation for a better life in the age of digital transformation.”

The LG Future Talk and all of LG’s latest innovations can be viewed at the company’s .

# # #

link hidden, please login to view

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Paul777
      I have just purchased a brand new 65" LG Smart TV, It was to replace my old 50" LG Plasma which was about 15 years old and not a smart TV. I turned on the TV for first time set up. The old TV picked up all the digital stations perfectly. but the new TV was missing most of the channels and the ones I did get were breaking up, unwatchable so I retuned the aerial. This time it got even fewer channels and the ones I got said " no signal " so, no picture, no sound. I tried the old TV with the same aeriel cable and all channels ran perfectly. Put the same cable into new TV, retuned it AGAIN and got the same result, no working channels. I had advertised the old TV for sale. It is now sold so I ended up having to go out and buy a set top box just to watch TV after paying £699 for a brand new TV. Seriously not impressed.
        Problem number two. The reason I bought the TV is to stream my collection of movies from my Windows 10 desktop PC. Turns out my new TV that wont let me watch TV channels doesn't have screen share installed. MY PC and TV are connnected to the same wireless network. When I click on " connect to a wireless display "  my LG TV shows up as connected in "other devices " but as Screen Share is not installed on my TV I cannot stream content.  If I had an Apple device I can use Air Play but I cannot abide Apple.  TV Cast LG works with Android but my movies and music are on my Windows 10 PC. I dont even have the option to download Screen Share from LG's online appstore, it isnt available.The only option I can think of is to buy a Chromecast which means after spending £699  and having to go out and buy a set top box, I'm gonna be out even more money. I wasreally impressed with my old LG TV. I just wanna take a sledgehammer to this one but cant because I have already spent too much money on it. 
      PS I also spent half aday trying to register the warranty online which your system wouldnt permit me to do but after several hours on the phone I finally maaged to do so. That was Friday 8th of May but when I logged onto my account today it told me I have no productts registered. YESI HAVE. I EVEN TOOK OUT THE EXTENDED WARRANTY !!! I will never spend another penny on an LG product and I will never recommend LG to anyone so long as I live. 
      CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO CAST FROM A WINDOWS 10 PC BEFORE MY HEAD EXPLODES, thank you.
    • By Paulct
      I just bought a lg b7 oled and have a problem. I dont subscribe to cable so I wont ever be using it on this tv. Every time I start the tv it loads the OS and the cable-less static comes on the screen and BLASTS through the speakers. The tiles for netflix, hulu, etc are at the bottom so I choose one of those. How do I stop the tv from defaulting to turning on the "tv" that clearly doesnt exist? Ive tried deleting the tile for live tv, and even moving it to the far right side but still every time I turn n the tv - static with the menu on the bottom. 
    • By Anurag Rathi
      When I am trying to play premium content on hotstar, it is showing me the playback error. Please resolve this. In other devices it is working perfectly. I have raised this to hotstar they asked me to raise it to TV manufacturer. Attach is the screenshot of the issue.

• By News Reporter
      The changing of the seasons is a great time to refresh and revitalize your home with a seasonal reset. Cleaning your dwelling from top to bottom may never be fun, but it can be done smarter and easier with the help of the LG ThinQ app.
      1. Lighten your load

Thanks to the ThinQ app’s Routine feature, you can apply customized settings to all connected appliances in the house in one step. Select Fresh Air Mode, for example, and the air purifier starts up, the robot vacuum begins roaming and the ceiling fan starts spinning. Now with LG’s smart appliances doing their part to lighten the load, it’s time to get cleaning!
      2. Take breaks in between

With the ThinQ app and LG’s smart appliances, you have more me time because you won’t have to constantly check on the progress. You’ll never have to run back and forth checking on the laundry because the ThinQ app can tell you exactly how much time is left and send you a notification when your sheets and pillowcases are clean or dry. With ThinQ by your side (or in your pocket), you can afford to sit back, relax and enjoy the new season.
       3. Your personal technician

Don’t let a glitch in your appliance put everything on hold. With the ThinQ app’s Smart Diagnosis and Proactive Customer Care, you can identify and resolve issues without having to call or wait for a customer service representative or repair technician.1 The ThinQ app even informs you when you’ve put too much detergent in the washing machine and when to change the water filter in the refrigerator.
      4. Go green

When you’re taking care of your home, also think about taking care of your planet. With the ThinQ app’s Energy Dashboard, you can easily monitor how much energy every LG smart appliance is consuming so you can adjust settings accordingly to save electricity. LG’s eco-conscious appliances help reduce your home’s carbon footprint thanks to their efficient use of energy and water.
      5. Replenish and reorder effortlessly

When it comes to keeping LG appliances running their very best, there’s no need to head to the store with ThinQ. For consumables such as detergent and filters, use the Store feature on the ThinQ app and have them delivered right to your front door. You can also take advantage of Amazon smart reorders by linking the ThinQ app with Alexa. Once connected, you can receive notifications when it’s time to replenish essential items such as laundry detergent to easily reorder from Amazon using voice commands.2

With the ThinQ app from LG, undertaking a residential reset for the new season is a much smarter and simpler affair. Learn more about LG’s smart appliances and the ThinQ app at .
      # # #
      1 PCC available in the North America and Europe.
      2 Amazon smart reorders available only in Germany, UK and US. Products available for smart reorder differ by country.

link hidden, please login to view
    • By Maark85
      So, I've bought LG CX 55 OLED and really liked the sports alert app that came installed. However, alerts for Brazilian teams won't work. I did a test with Spanish and German League and they are 100% functional. How to talk to developers to fix it?

Thanks!!