Quantcast

LG HOSTS TECH LEADERS IN VIRTUAL “FUTURE TALK” ON THE VALUE OF OPEN INNOVATION IN A NEW ERA

News Reporter

LG CTO Discusses Company’s Open Innovation Strategy and the Importance
of Working Together Towards a United Goal to Make Life Good for All

Dr. I.P. Park, president and CTO of LG Electronics, explaining the LG ThinQ brand's exciting plans such as the creation of an ecosystem connecting products and services across categories on stage during LG Future Talk.

SEOUL, Jan. 12, 2021 — Dr. I.P. Park, president and CTO of LG Electronics (LG), took to the virtual stage at the all-digital CES® 2021 to share the company’s inspiring vision for open innovation in the era of social distancing. As the host of LG Future Talk, Dr. Park explained and demonstrated how open innovation has been the underlying principle of the company’s latest technological breakthroughs.

In a year of unprecedented change, LG’s unwavering commitment to making life better has remained firm, as has its ability to meet the changing needs of consumers worldwide. To illustrate this point, Dr. Park highlighted groundbreaking products such as the LG PuriCare Wearable Air Purifier and LG Smart Thermal Camera which effortlessly help to ensure consumers’ well-being and safety. LG is also adapting its CLOi robots for various environments and tasks – from disinfecting high-traffic areas in public and commercial spaces to making door-to-door deliveries and serving food in restaurants – to improve hygiene and minimize health risks for both employees and customers.

The core of today’s talk centered around open innovation, where Dr. Park was joined by Gary Shapiro, president and CEO of the Consumer Technology Association, to talk about the growing power of partnership across disciplines and industries to deliver what is right for consumers. The LG Innovation Council is a prime example of LG’s many collaborative initiatives, bringing together a group of experts from a broad range of tech sector companies to learn, cooperate, discover new opportunities and find new ways to improve people’s lives.

“Technologies and disciplines are converging to facilitate a host of digital innovations – AI, 5G connectivity, IoT, cloud, sensors, navigation, batteries – and they are transforming mobility which is a huge part of our lives,” remarked Shapiro. “And we’re seeing that sort of change in so many other areas too: transport, logistics, agriculture, healthcare and even food.”

This open approach to innovation provides the basis for everything that LG is working towards, especially under its LG ThinQ brand, which encompasses the company’s AI and IoT-enabled devices. Dr. Park outlined exciting plans to develop an ecosystem by connecting all products and services across categories, providing consumers with a fulfilling user experience and unsurpassed convenience. “It’s not just about individual appliances and devices that have AI capacity and connectivity, it’s more about building an ecosystem where LG and partners work together to expand, enhance and enrich what we offer to those we serve,” said Dr. Park.

Joined by David Rabie, CEO of Tovala, whose oven-ready meal kits will soon be available for purchase in the LG ThinQ Store, Dr. Park envisioned an evolved ThinQ app that goes beyond control and monitoring functionality to become a full digital lifestyle platform. Through diverse partnerships and by implementing new features such as Scan-to-Cook, which lets users instantly apply the right oven settings for select pre-prepared meals by simply scanning the packaging’s barcode, LG makes home management effortless so customers can focus more on the things that matter to them most.

Dr. Park was again joined by Jean-François Gagné, CEO of Element AI, who last year helped Dr. Park announce the Levels of AI Experience framework at CES 2020. The two companies along with other partners are developing a new innovative platform, AIX Exchange, that will enable industry leaders, researchers, policymakers and consumers to engage directly with one another to discuss how to best implement AI for the good of all. Dr. Park also revealed some of the intelligent technologies LG has been working on, including Vision Pack, which will augment the existing AI capabilities of the company’s ThinQ refrigerators and smart mirrors.

Another key point of the talk centered on LG’s vision for creating a consistent and connected user experience that extends to all areas of consumers’ lives. Together with Dmitry Loschinin, executive vice president of DXC Technology and president and CEO of Luxoft, Dr. Park unveiled LG and DXC Luxoft’s new joint venture named Alluto, which will reimagine the in-vehicle experience, leveraging LG’s webOS Auto to seamlessly connect car to home and office. As an illustration of the potential of webOS, Dr. Park presented a new smart cabin concept that will offer immersive interactive experiences for passengers as well as the possibility of a cloud-based mobility ecosystem suitable for a variety of commercial and public applications, including intelligent fleet management in tomorrow’s smart cities.

“We come back to the importance of working together across industries because building and expanding this kind of ecosystem is absolutely a multidisciplinary effort,” emphasized Dr. Park. “It’s all about teamwork, collaboration and partnership when it comes to innovation for a better life in the age of digital transformation.”

The LG Future Talk and all of LG’s latest innovations can be viewed at the company’s .

# # #

link hidden, please login to view

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By News Reporter
      New 4K Ultra Short Throw Model Delivers Immersive Cinematic Experiences
      with Sharp, Vibrant Images and Boasts Stylish, Modern Design

SEOUL, May 20, 2022 — LG Electronics (LG) is expanding its premium CineBeam 4K laser projector lineup with the remarkable, new Ultra Short Throw (UST) laser projector (model HU915QE), the follow up to the HU715Q released earlier this year. Designed with serious movie lovers in mind, LG’s latest flagship home cinema solution can produce a stunningly sharp 90-inch image when placed just 5.6 centimeters from the wall or a massive 120-inch picture at a distance of only 18.3 centimeters.1
      Thanks to the HU915QE’s combination of advanced projection technology, users no longer need a large, dedicated space to enjoy sublime cinematic experiences at home. Boasting 3,700 ANSI lumens and an impressive 2,000,000:1 contrast ratio, LG’s latest projector delivers vibrant, realistic pictures that ensure maximum viewing immersion. By adopting LG’s evolved, three-channel laser technology, which employs a separate light source for each primary (RGB) color, this new model is able to offer more vivid images even during the day compared to other conventional products with the single light source technology.2
      An excellent all-rounder, the HU915QE really excels when playing movies and streaming content in 4K HDR, using HDR Dynamic Tone Mapping to analyze and adjust image brightness every single frame. LG’s Brightness Optimizer II further elevates the new CineBeam projector’s performance, automatically adjusting brightness levels according to ambient light conditions so that users can enjoy clear, vivid picture quality whether the room is well lit or as dark as a movie theater. Additionally, Adaptive Contrast adjusts the projector’s light sources to provide a superb contrast for each individual scene.
      With LG’s intuitive webOS smart platform onboard, the HU915QE lets users watch all their favorite shows from streaming services3 such as Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Disney+, YouTube and Apple TV without an additional device. They can also wirelessly stream content via Screen Mirroring, Apple AirPlay 2 and Bluetooth.4 On top of that, its built-in 2.2 Channel, 40W speaker system enhances the viewing experience with strong, rich audio. For more powerful, theater-like surround sound, users can effortlessly connect up to two LG Bluetooth speakers at once.5
      The new CineBeam projector also makes a stylish addition to any room with its eco-friendly ‘Re-wool’ designed by renowned Danish textile company, Kvadrat. Made from 45 percent recycled wool, this material has become a favorite of design- and sustainability-conscious companies worldwide, used in products as diverse as furniture and premium audio solutions. Thanks to its muted, natural color and clean design, the HU915QE blends in well with luxurious home interiors.
      “Featuring LG’s latest projection technologies, the new CineBeam projector delivers outstanding 4K picture quality from a short distance,” said Seo Young-jae, senior vice president and head of the IT business unit of LG Electronics Business Solutions Company. “An excellent choice for movie lovers seeking authentically cinematic experiences at home, the HU915QE combines superb performance with convenient features, easy installation and a sophisticated, space-friendly design.”
      LG CineBeam 4K laser projector (model HU915QE) with the latest UST technology will be available in the first half of 2022, starting with key markets in North America, Europe and the Middle East, with Latin America and Asia markets to follow. 
      Specifications:
      HU915QE Resolution 4K UHD (3,840 x 2,160) Brightness 3,700 ANSI Lumens Light Source 3 Channel Laser Lamp Life 20,000 hours Brightness Optimizer II Auto Brightness + Adaptive Contrast + Iris Mode Throw Ratio 0.19 (100 inches @ 9.8cm) Screen Size 90-120 inches Keystone Correction 4/9/15 Point Warping webOS Yes (Global) Wireless Android / iOS Integrated Speaker 2.2 Channel, 40W Inputs HDMI x 3 with eARC / USB 2.0 x 2 Size (W x D x H) 680 x 347 x 128 mm  # # #
      1 Model HU915QE projects images ranging from 90 to 120 inches in size (measured diagonally).
      2 Compared to model HU715Q in result of internal testing.
      3 Internet connection and subscription to streaming services required. Supported services may differ by country.
      4 Streaming and mirroring content from iOS devices available via Apple AirPlay 2 and Apple HomeKit. iOS devices require software version 12.3 and above (macOS version 10.14.5 and above for Apple products) and must be on the same Wi-Fi network as LG CineBeam projector.
      5 Compatibility guaranteed with LG Bluetooth speakers only. Needs to purchase LG Bluetooth speakers to use this function.

• By News Reporter
      Innovation leads to new creations, new experiences and, sometimes, new ways of looking at the world. Encompassing all of these outcomes is the generative art of envelope-pushing artist and NFT pioneer, Kevin McCoy, who is presenting new works at the Frieze New York 2022 art fair in Manhattan from May 18-22. His ever-evolving works, which autonomously grow and change through the use of algorithms and other advanced tech, have found the perfect digital canvas in the form of the latest OLED TVs from the lifestyle innovator, LG.

McCoy’s thought-provoking and visually-stunning new pieces are on show at the ‘LG OLED Lounge,’ located on level eight of Frieze New York’s official venue, The Shed. A selection of his groundbreaking works are displayed on state-of-the-art LG OLED TVs, including new LG OLED evo models, which use millions of self-lit pixels to deliver the deepest blacks, incredibly natural colors and an infinite contrast ratio.

The centerpiece of the exhibit, Quantum Leap: Primordial Star 3 (2022), is an NFT, or non-fungible token, co-created by McCoy and his wife, Jennifer. Inspired by Kevin McCoy’s 2014 work Quantum – which was the first artwork ever to be tokenized on a blockchain – Quantum Leap: Primordial Star 3 employs code-based, interacting systems that produce mandalas that change form and color as they ‘age,’ echoing the lifespan of stars.
      Displayed alongside Primordial Star 3 in the LG OLED Lounge are Quantum Leap 3: Dark Star (2022) and Quantum Entanglement (2022), both also created by the celebrated husband-and-wife duo. The ‘star’ in Dark Star slowly loses its color over the course of its life before being reborn with a new central shape and vivid palette, generated autonomously via programming. Quantum Entanglement is a hybrid of drawings and NFTs that explores the nature of drawing, which is at once a performative act and a physical document that recalls or points to the existence of that act. Featuring physical drawings and digital animations made using software and a robotic drawing machine, Quantum Entanglement fuses physical with virtual elements in a way that is sure to delight and intrigue audiences.

The shifting colors and forms of McCoy’s new works at Frieze New York are expressed with precision and vibrancy thanks to the next-generation display and processing technologies of LG OLED evo. LG’s new OLED evo Gallery Edition TVs offer higher brightness, clarity and detail for lifelike images that almost jump off the screen – with the 77- and 65-inch models used at the exhibit proving themselves as adept at showcasing digital art as they are at delivering outstanding viewing experiences.

Complementing LG OLED evo TV models, the LG OLED Lounge at Frieze New York also features the 55-inch Transparent OLED signage displays. Boasting vivid colors and high transparency, the advanced screen presents digital artists like McCoy with exciting, new creative opportunities to explore. What’s more, McCoy’s artwork is demonstrated on a LG OLED Objet Collection, an artistically inspired and distinctive lifestyle TV model.
      LG was named Global Partner of the Frieze art fair, and this exhibit in New York exemplifies LG’s commitment to innovation within the arts and supporting artists to push their creative boundaries.
      # # #

• By coyote
      I've got my ThinQ and Google Home apps and Google Home speakers set up to turn off my LG C1.  But they won't turn it on, I guess because the TV isn't listening for commands when off.   I expected that enabling these Settings|General|Devices|TV Management|Quick Start+ Settings|General|Devices|External Devices|TV On With Mobile|Turn on via Wi-Fi would do it, but it did not.
      OMG I just discovered that Alexa turns on the TV...and I never even had to open let alone set it up in the Alexa app!
    • By Alfvenwave
      Hi, I'm curious if anyone else is seeing this annoying new behaviour.
      I have my SKY Q box on HDMI1 and have become accustomed to switching back from Netflix (or any other app for that matter) by having HDMI1 assigned to button "1" using the Quick Access feature.  In the last week though, this feature has stopped working properly. If I am in Netflix and I press the "1" button, nothing happens (as expected). If instead I hold down the "1" button to switch to SKY I get a pop up that says this: "Do you want to add Netflix to [Quick Access 1]?".   If I then hold down the "0" button, the 3x3 grid "EDIT QUICK ACCESS" pop-up appears and I can clearly see my SKY Q/HDMI 1 in the top left grid position (button "1")!!!
      If I then switch via the Home button to HDMI1 and remove HDMI1 from Quick Access (via the  EDIT QUICK ACCESS pop up), I can then re-add it by holding down 1 or from within the pop-up. Now, if I go into Netflix and then hold down 1, my TV does (correctly) switch to HDMI1. Hurrah! If however I turn my TV off and back on, then go to Netflix, then hold down "1", I am back to square one with the question "Do you want to add Netwflix to [Quick Access 1]?"......Grrrr!!!
      I have tried switching the TV off at the wall, leaving for 10 seconds and repowering, which doesn't fix the problem (I don't believe WebOS reboots when you do this). LG appear to have made it a practical impossibility to reboot WebOS via anything other than a factory reset which I don't really want to do as it'll take me too long to get all my settings back to where I have them now. Some blogs suggest that the "User Licence agreement" setting can be changed which forces a reset from within the General tab but I don't see this on my TV (guessing that WebOS interface has changed).
      Anyone have any ideas? 
      Rob.

• By News Reporter
      Company’s Eye-Catching Solutions Showcase Next-Level Imagery as Well as
      Added Convenience That Makes People’s Day-to-day Business Run Smoothly

SEOUL, May 10, 2022 — LG Electronics (LG) is showcasing its ground-breaking information display technology at Integrated Systems Europe (ISE) 2022, Barcelona, as anticipation grows after its two-year hiatus. At this year’s ISE, LG is promoting its Move Daily Life Forward theme which builds on the company’s Innovation for a Better Life slogan. Ranging from Transparent OLED Signage, Micro LED to full lineups of LED signage products, LG will be showcasing its latest business offerings which combine digital signage solutions with useful application tools to elevate post-pandemic communications and move us a step closer to life without limits.
      With people spending more time at home, activities typically undertaken outside are now taking place in the comfort of home. Consumers are now going online to work (WFH), take classes, attend doctor appointments and carry out hobbies at home. In line with this trend, LG is showcasing LG MAGNIT and LG One:Quick Flex which leverage the company’s commercial display expertise to create next-gen home displays.
      LG MAGNIT, which has already infiltrated several commercial areas since its 2020 debut, is now setting its sights on redefining the premium home cinema by providing a next-level viewing experience, aesthetically-pleasing design and gigantic 136-inch 4K UHD (3,840 x 2,160) screen. The jaw-dropping picture quality created by its several million self-emissive LED pixels lets people enjoy their favorite movies, TV shows, sports events and artwork in privacy at home. And to make watching content easier and more enjoyable, several popular streaming apps are accessible via LG’s webOS 6.0 smart TV platform. Additionally, when paired with Bang & Olufsen’s flagship Beolab 90 home speaker, LG MAGNIT delivers an even more immersive home cinema experience.
      The One:Quick Flex is another innovative solution transforming home entertainment. The all-in-one display combines a built-in microphone, camera and speakers with a 43-inch 4K UHD (3,840 x 2,160) screen and optional movable stand. With its simple touch-based setup and user-friendly Windows OS, it is not only suitable for WFH, but for distance learning, video conferencing, remote training and entertainment as well. In addition, the larger 55-inch One:Quick Works, which combines built-in touch capabilities with intuitive video conferencing tools, is popular in educational and corporate environments, since its easy UX and added convenience let multiple users instantly connect and dive right into work or lesson plans.
      On the other end of the spectrum, high-end executive offices are placing Transparent OLED on glass walls to create bright and futuristic imaging and useful meeting tools. Transparent OLED is also being utilized in the transportation sector as advertising or information displays on station windows. It has even made its way into museums, greeting visitors at the door and overlaying objects with context for a more extraordinary experience. Transparent OLED Touch has also gained popularity as interactive displays.
      The Technology and Engineering Award-winning 65-inch UltraFine Display OLED Pro was built with studio professionals in mind. It supports pro-grade interfaces, such as SDI and SFP, and can render the source’s original, high-quality resolution without scaling down. What’s more, for colorists spending countless hours behind a screen, the UltraFine Display OLED Pro meets Eyesafe Standards and helps protect their eyes from blue light. LG UltraFine OLED Pro can be used in post-production companies as well as OTT companies when screening.
      LG is also exhibiting several innovations centered around mission critical environments. Fine-pitch LED’s high definition and bezel-less design displays every fine detail clearly, while the bezel-less 54-inch LED Bloc allows customers to use it like a 55-inch LCD video wall display with easy installation – it even fits the brackets of existing LCD video wall models.* These features have made them useful in corporate control rooms, auditoriums and virtual classrooms.
      In retail, LG’s Content Management Solution, SuperSign QSR, delivers customers a dynamic menu board while behind the scenes it streamlines the kitchen display system and integrates with the PoS system. Another featured product for outdoor customer interactions is the 21.5-inch high brightness touch display. Whether it’s at a drive-thru kiosk, gas pump or EV charger, this durable signage is useful as it stands up to harsh weather conditions and dust with a brightness that makes information easy to read.
      Amidst all the cross-sector synergy, LG is also presenting cloud solutions specifically designed for specific industries or use cases. For example, Pro:Centric Cloud has been engineered to transform hospitality management by taking Pro:Centric, LG’s flexible and intuitive content management system for hospitality, and expanding it across multiple properties via cloud-based architecture. Now, hotels can offer personalized services, maintain consistent imaging and collect behavioral data across multiple branches, all centralized in one place.
      “At this year’s ISE, we are excited to demonstrate the life-enhancing solutions that have been developed to change people’s lives for the better. Our sharp and seamless imagery stands out, especially in a crowded setting like this, and what’s more our vertical solutions are creating new possibilities,” said Paik Ki-mun, senior vice president and head of the Information Display business unit of LG Electronics Business Solutions Company. “We’re finding new ways to make it easier to make a positive impact, no matter the field.”
      These revolutionary business solutions will be on display in Hall 3 of Fira Barcelona’s Gran Via from May 10-13. For those unable to attend, LG has a dedicated ISE page at which includes videos of the zones and content to be added live during the event.
      # # #
      * 54-inch LED Bloc can be installed using VESA wall-mount (600×400) and screws.