Quantcast

LG RECEIVES RECORD NUMBER OF AWARDS DURING FIRST-EVER ALL-DIGITAL CES

More than 190 Accolades Include 7th Consecutive Recognition
for Market-leading LG OLED TV

LG’s renowned OLED TV, which brought the evolution of OLED TV technology, has been awarded several times by various media.

SEOUL, Jan. 22, 2021 – LG Electronics (LG) took home the most CES® awards ever at the 2021 all-digital event – a pivotal moment in history for the technology industry – earning more than 190 honors across its home appliance, home entertainment, IT and mobile categories.

This recognition was led by Engadget’s Best of CES Award (the official award program of CES) in the TV category to LG OLED for a seventh consecutive year; in 2021 the acclaimed LG C1 series OLED TV was singled out from the thousands of new TVs shown at CES 2021. Also receiving Engadget’s Best of CES Award was the LG Rollable smartphone, grabbing the win for Best Phone/Mobile Device after it was previewed during LG’s CES 2021 press announcement.

LG’s renowned OLED TVs took home the industry’s top awards and honors, continuing its CES dominance. Among the newly announced LG TV models highly favored among industry experts is the LG G1 series’ OLED evo, the next step in the evolution of OLED TV technology that garnered honors from The Verge, Rolling Stone and Gear Patrol. The new LG A1 series OLED TV was honored by Digital Trends for Top Tech of CES 2021 Award: Best in Show, touting it a “pragmatic product” and “manna from heaven” given its combination of high caliber and attractive pricing for the masses.

LG’s new InstaView™ Door-in-Door® refrigerators also won big in the home appliance space, garnering accolades from the likes of Tom’s Guide, WIRED, Newsweek and PCMag. LG WashTower™ – the sleek, single-unit laundry solution that takes up half the floor space while tackling ultra-large loads – was recognized by leading lifestyle publications such as House Beautiful and Best Products.

From the CTA’s official award program alone, LG won 24 CES Innovation Awards including two Best of Innovation Awards given to LG’s C1 OLED TV and LG’s InstaView ThinQ refrigerator with voice recognition. LG accolades were received this year from tech experts at major media such as USA Today/Reviewed, CNET, CNN, The Wall Street Journal, The Verge, Women’s Health, Business Insider and much more.

Top awards earned by LG at CES 2021 include:

LG C1 4K OLED TVs

• Engadget: Best of CES 2021
  • CNET: Best TVs of CES 2021
  • Gear Patrol: Best and Wildest TVs of CES 2021
  • USA Today/Reviewed.com CES Editors’ Choice Award
  • Techlicious: Top Picks of CES 2021 Awards

LG G1 Gallery Series “evo” 4K OLED TVs

• Business Insider: The Best TVs of CES 2021
  • Digital Trends: Best TVs of CES 2021
  • HD Guru: Best OLED TV Design
  • IGN: CES 2021 – Biggest and Best Reveals

LG A1 4K OLED TVs

• Digital Trends: Top Tech of CES 2021 Awards
  • USA Today/Reviewed.com CES Editors’ Choice Award
  • T3: CES 2021’s Best TVs
  • Wirecutter: What We’re Most Looking Forward To

LG QNED Mini LED TV

• TWICE Picks Awards 2021
  • Tom’s Guide: Best TVs of CES 2021
  • Gizmodo: All The Best New TVs Announced at CES 2021

LG UltraFine OLED Pro Monitor

• Android Authority: CES 2021 Top Picks Awards
  • Digital Trends: Best Monitors of CES 2021
  • Gear Patrol: Best Things We’ve Seen Out of CES 2021
  • Newsweek: Best of CES 2021

LG Rollable Smartphone

• CNN: The Best Tech of CES 2021
  • Digital Trends: The 15 Coolest Gadgets at CES 2021
  • Engadget: Best of CES 2021
  • FOX News: Best of CES
  • Robb Report: The 10 Best Gadgets and Gear at CES 2021
  • Wall Street Journal: Best of CES 2021

LG WashTower

• T3: Best Smart Home Kit of CES 2021
  • House Beautiful: Best of CES
  • CTA Innovation Award
  • Best Products: CES 2021’s Absolute Best
  • Android Authority: CES 2021 Top Picks Awards

LG InstaView Door-in-Door Refrigerator

• Residential Systems Picks Award
  • Tom’s Guide: CES 2021 Awards
  • PCMag: TechX Awards
  • Newsweek: Best of CES 2021
  • Business Insider: The 15 Best New Products Revealed at CES 2021

LG InstaView Range with Air Sous Vide

• Reviewed.com: CES Editor’s Choice Awards 2021
  • T3: Best of CES 2021 Awards
  • Techlicious: Top Picks of CES 2021 Awards

LG CordZeroThinQ A9 Kompressor+

• Business Insider: 11 Best Home Appliances and Fixtures of CES 2021
  • CTA Innovation Award
  • Reviewed.com: CES Editor’s Choice Awards 2021
  • Women’s Health: The Best New Technology at CES 2021

For more information on LG’s CES 2021 awards and honors and additional information about LG’s products announced at CES, please visit

# # #

link hidden, please login to view

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Nick Payne
      I run a media server using Serviio on a Raspberry Pi (several thousand files just organised by folder structure), and I use the DLNA client built into WebOS to play the files from the server. For the past five years I've had an LG OLED55B6T, and due to a bit of burn-in on the screen, I've just replaced it with an OLED65G1PTA. One thing I notice with the new set is that it's much slower to navigate through the folder structure on the media server to get to the file I want to play. The difference seems to be that the DLNA client on the old TV just shows folders with a generic folder icon, whereas the new one wants to thumbnail each folder that's visible on the screen before it will allow me to continue. I haven't found anything in the settings to stop this behaviour - you can choose to display the folders as a grid or list, but either way it still tries to thumbnail each folder.
      As an experiment I installed Kodi on a Chromecast with Google TV that I have attached to the new set, as it can also act as a DLNA client, and it is also much faster to navigate through the folder structure on the media server. However, it has the drawback that if I stop watching a video part way through, it doesn't remember the point I was up to when I restart watching, whereas the client in the TV does.
      Any suggestions on a possible fix for speeding up the navigation?
    • By News Reporter
      Despite technology playing a big part in our everyday lives, there are millions of families around the world that are unable to afford the basic tool to access such technology. In the UK alone, a 2020 report estimates that up to 1.8 million children do not have access to a computer at home. The pandemic moved us all to a more flexible and digital way of life, making technology an essential part of the education process, which means that many children across the country are at a serious disadvantage.

The LG team in the UK has long been passionate about giving youth the chance to reach their full potential. So, in collaboration with , a leading UK charity that supports young people from disadvantaged backgrounds with weekly one-to-one mentoring, helping develop character, raise aspirations, and improve academic attainment, the LG UK team decided to take action. Starting with four schools across London, LG announced the Laptop Library program to support young people with free access to state-of-the-art technology and improve their digital education experience.

As part of the program, LG UK donated LG gram laptops to each school and equipped them with a portable and secure store and charge solutions which students can use to book out laptops for use at school or home specifically to support one-to-one mentoring sessions.
      “It is incredibly tough for some students to keep up without access to proper technology,” said Kim Han-ju, IT Product Director at LG Electronics UK. “With our Laptop Library program, we hope to have a positive impact on the lives of these young people, each of whom deserves a future as bright as anyone else’s.”

Around 2,600 children are set to benefit from the initiative across the four schools, with plans to expand the initiative nationwide and donate LG Laptop Libraries to more schools in 2022 and beyond. To kick off the program, England football legend and father, Emile Heskey, visited one of the schools to unveil the Laptop Library and give a motivational talk to the students on the importance of education in setting up the foundations for a bright future.

“School education is so important in setting yourself up for the future, and I feel we sometimes take things like laptops for granted when there are some children that simply don’t have access,” said Emile, praising the program. “I’m really pleased to help launch this brilliant program alongside LG and ReachOut.”
      # # #

• By infiniter
      1. Either go back to a home bar or at least let the users decide what type they see, home bar (like in one in previous series) or home screen, so they can switch
      2. Make home bar/screen user definable in regards of position of app listand sources list, so we don‘t have to scroll down every time we want to start an app.
      3. Put an option to remove the annoying frames in the top part of the home screen.
      4. Use the same size for app and source icons. Why are the app icons so small?
      5. Make source icons renamable. My PS5 is connected to HDMI 4 and I cannot name the port „PS5“. This is one of the most essential things. The TV can also not recognize the PS5 as gaming  console and I would have to do that manually, but since this part of external device control I wouldn‘t do that, because I don‘t want to control the PS5 via my TV, I just want to rename the icon. 
      6. Put an option „Always go directly into full settings menu“. The side list of icons that appears when pressing thr settings button is annoying. The symbols are partially totally unclear and I would have to go down to the one that opens all settings. Too many button presses.
      7. With an app or TV or whatever running and when accessing the home screen, don‘t stop the stream and mute the audio, just put the picture as small PiP overlay on top of the home screen, including audio and continue playing until any app or source is switched.
      8. Put an option to turn off auto-update for apps or at least let the user decide!
      Always let the user decide. This UI is made for the users.
    • By News Reporter
      SEOUL, Nov. 30, 2021 – As a longtime CES exhibitor, LG Electronics plans to create a new approach to engaging audiences to experience LG’s latest technology innovations at CES 2022.
      As always, CES represents the global launchpad for dozens of new LG products. At its traditional location – the 22,000-square-foot booth at the main entrance to the Central Hall in the Las Vegas Convention Center – LG will seamlessly connect visitors from the physical space to LG’s virtual experience leveraging both virtual and augmented reality. Constructed of upcycled, recycled and recyclable materials, the welcoming space will feature a series of kiosks where visitors can experience the best life possible with LG products.
      Visitors will take a self-guided tour using QR codes as they navigate through the physical experience, interacting with CES 2022 Innovation Award-winning LG consumer electronics and home appliance products via AR. Other kiosks will feature immersive VR digital art including LG’s immersive curved OLED video walls from CES over the years, a show favorite. Wherever they may be, audiences around the world will be able to access the same content and participate digitally in the LG CES experience.
      What’s more, LG has again been named official CES technology partner for the press rooms and member lounges, which will feature award-winning LG OLED TVs.
      “We look forward to seeing what LG, a long-time innovation leader at CES, has in store for visitors in January,” said Karen Chupka, executive vice president of CES at the Consumer Technology Association, the organizer of CES. “CES 2022 will enable attendees in Las Vegas to experience LG’s technology using AR and VR. Audience joining CES digitally from across the globe will be able to experience the same ground breaking tech, through LG’s digital activation.”
      # # #

• By RobLGSucks
      Hi,
      I have an LG OLED55B7A that has been rebooting randomly ever since I updated it to webOS 6.00.05 about 6 months ago.  I have noted there is a new webOS version 6.00.20 available.   Has anyone here had the same rebooting problem, and if so, did the latest webOS correct the issue?
      In general, my setup has the LG tv doing as little as possible - it is simply a display for my Roku box via my AVR, as the TV's interface and apps slowly became completely unusable about a year after purchase.  So, no ethernet, no WiFi, all services turned off, etc., and this helped with all of the performance issues, except the rebooting. 

@ LG :  if you ever read this - you have done a TERRIBLE job of managing the software on these TVs.  webOS started off as a real alternative to all of the external set top boxes, but now, I will *never* *ever* buy another LG TV again, and I tell everyone I know to avoid them.  Worst product management in the consumer electronics industry in the past 10 years.
      Thanks fellow sufferers for any tips.
      Rob