LG Channels - Picture in Picture for LG Channels

Question

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

@Jeff Stevens You did not post what LG TV you have. I understand that this function has gradually been reduced in functionality, dumbed down, or removed completely in some sets. I saw an interesting post from @Tim on this forum:

"Answer from LG was they want to check if more customers need this function. Now I have 3 OLEDs at home.

C8 HDMI + HDMI possible 

C9 TV + HDMI possible 

CX no multiview integrated 

i think it’s a dead end for this function after the evolution from C8 to CX."

In any event, if you can get 1 HDTV + another HDTV channel, it seems you are lucky! I think the channels have to support this too, so maybe the SD channels do not, or have dropped support?  Is what you are doing part of the MultiView app function?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By turtuv
      hi guys, I have an LG CX65 bought a month ago. it's already happened two times that while I was watching a normal TV channel the fireworks screensaver kicked in. After the first time I did a reset of the TV, but it happened again today. Someone has experienced this issue? If could be useful to know, I have an Xbox series x, a ps5 and a soundbar connected respectively to HDMI port 1, 2 and 3 and the consoles always stays in sleep mode. they works great, no problem at all, and the hdmi cables are brand new.
      the first time the fireworks kicked in while a was watching a news Channel i has only the soundbar and PS4 connected tho.
      I hope you can help me out

Inviato dal mio SM-G965F utilizzando Tapatalk

• By News Reporter
      Connecting with consumers is critical to gaining their attention in a cluttered environment. To drive home the superiority of LG OLED TVs with consumers, LG in the USA has launched Only on OLED, a campaign and content strategy that positions LG as the necessary and exclusive partner to the biggest moments in entertainment. Focusing on key consumer passions that are drivers for TV purchases, the campaign will feature unparalleled access to unique events and moments best enjoyed on LG OLED TVs.
      The key components of Only on OLED include a live celebrity gaming showdown series, docu-style short films featuring professional star athletes and exclusive sneak peeks at never-before-seen content from some of this year’s most anticipated movie releases available only on LG TV’s FOMO Channel app on the webOS smart TV platform.

“The Only on OLED program embraces the entertainment passion points of our consumers taking them beyond the actual movie, sporting event or gaming play with never-before-seen events and behind-the scenes content best experienced on OLED TVs,” said Peggy Ang, LG US’s senior vice president of marketing.
      The campaign kicked off last week with the first LG OLED Ultimate Gaming Showdown featuring multi-platinum-selling music mogul DJ Khaled and world-renowned actor Megan Fox. The two stars competed in a head-to-head Fortnite battle, live streamed on professional esports team Evil Geniuses’ .

The event, which generated more than one million live views, focused on LG OLED’s unrivaled superiority as the best TV for gaming. PR coverage in lifestyle and gaming publications including People Magazine and Hypebeast, and a series of witty social media videos featuring Fox and Khaled were the key drivers generating consumer attendance.
      Khaled and Fox were both coached by Evil Geniuses talents Justin “FearItSelf” Kats and Wilton “Zews” Prado. Fox’s celebrity boyfriend Machine Gun Kelly also made an unexpected cameo appearance.
      Following the live event, LG TV owners will have exclusive access to behind-the-scenes content plus the ability to watch the event on-demand on LG’s exclusive FOMO Channel app. Future Gaming Showdown participants and battles will be announced throughout the year.

Only on OLED will also deliver exclusive sports and movie experiences featuring star athletes and some of the most anticipated movie releases of 2021. Launching this spring, Only on OLED will debut two bespoke short films featuring professional football and basketball superstars taking fans behind-the-scenes for a glimpse into the story behind the player. And this summer, LG TV owners will have access to exclusive content from a few of this year’s highly anticipated Warner Bros. Pictures film releases. More details on these programs will be announced at a later date.
      Contributed by LG USA
      # # #

link hidden, please login to view
    • By bobjirous
      Hello,
      I am not able to force my new TV LG 49UN7400 to sound output only for BT - not BT headphones + internal speakers. Headphones are correctly paired, because "headphones + internal speakers" works, but I want hear sound ONLY in headphones and the choice "Bluetooth" is not active/selectable... 😕 Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

• By Bobs Reviews
      I watch a conservative news channel, channel 138, newsmax, and in the middle of a story commercials pop up and interrupt the story.

I've turned off LG channels plus, and add customization, and that has done no good.  I canceled my cable, and signed up with Hulu to avoid the commercials. Now on top of regular TV commercials LG inserts its own garbage.

I also understand Samsung, and Sony are doing the same thing. My assumption is whoever the IPTV provider is, they are the ones inserting the commercials, and the major TV brands use the same service for all of the TV brands.

This is unacceptable. My future plan is to not buy one of these major branded TVs.  It's not bad enough that we are inundated with commercials on cable, and network TV, now there are inserting commercials on an IP stream.

Disgruntled TV owner, thanks for listening.
    • By News Reporter
      Since the initiation of the in the 1960s, the fragility of our world has become a global topic, requiring united social action and even multinational companies to reconsider their strategies. That focus has also shifted in a more sustainable direction that puts nature conservation first, a change that can be seen in the attitude of today’s rapidly growing eco-conscious consumers.
      In matters relating to conscious spending, there isn’t a more active group than Gen Z, with saying they prefer buying from brands that actively support social and environmental causes over those that do not. Society’s youngest consumers are now the ones informing the public on all things green, making this generation the leaders of real societal change.

On a governmental level, the EU introduced new Energy Labels on March 1, taking a stricter stance on products that wish to be labeled green. Such environmental labels are important because they provide insightful energy consumption and environmental data that today’s consumers expect before purchase. The new energy designation replaces the outdated system by providing manufacturers with added incentive to improve energy efficiency.
      Photo Credit: European Commission
      A washing machine’s spin efficiency could be crucial in determining the energy consumption of a dryer, since low spin performance increases running time and uses more energy. When it comes to noise, although the difference between 72dB and 73dB may seem small, the new rules could have an appliance demoted an entire letter grade.1
      As part of its commitment to reduce its carbon footprint, LG has converted all DUAL Inverter Heat Pump Dryers to use only R290 refrigerant, which has a lower global warming potential (GWP) than R134a refrigerant.2 As a result, LG’s DUAL Inverter Heat Pump Dryer earned the Green Product Mark from TÜV Rheinland for meeting the requirements of pollution prevention, sustainable use of resources and climate change mitigation.3
      And in an effort to further reduce greenhouse gas emissions, LG makes every effort to make products lighter, using fewer resources during the production process. LG is developing and supplying energy-efficient products that carry the Energy Star label and are certified by the European Commission for contributing to the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions and helping to modify usage behavior for a greener lifestyle.

For example, the Inverter Linear Compressor found in LG’s refrigerators efficiently keep food fresh longer and noise levels lower compared to LG’s conventional models.4 LG’s world-class inverter technology regulates the speed and revolution of motors and compressors depending on the situation to optimize operation. The unique linear motion of the compressor enables LG refrigerators to reach target temperatures quickly while reducing friction points for heightened durability and less noise.

For LG washers with LG Inverter DirectDrive technology, the motor is directly connected to the drum without the use of a belt or pulley, allowing for greater durability and energy efficiency while reducing noise compared to models without DirectDrive. LG is so confident of the durability of its core technologies that all inverter components are backed with a 10-year warranty.

Photo Credit: Corporate Knights
      LG’s contributions for a greener world have been recognized both globally and locally. LG was ranked the 13th most sustainable global corporation by and As You Sow’s annual list. In its home country, LG claimed This Year’s Green Product award from the non-profit civic group Korea Green Purchasing Network (KGPN) for the eleventh straight year and also took KPGN’s Award of Green Masterpiece (AGM), an accolade exclusively for businesses that have made a significant contribution to the conservation of the environment.

The damage inflicted on our planet and all the life on it is one of the greatest threats we face as a global community. Overcoming such a global problem is only possible with the support of all members of society. Through its products, LG will continue to set an example that responsible products and good business can go hand in hand.
      # # #
      1 The acoustic airborne noise emission class of a household washing machine is determined on the basis of acoustic airborne noise emission at spinning phase. A-grade is assigned to noise level below 73dB ().
      2 GWP for R290 is 3 versus 1,430 for R134a.
      3 Tested by TÜV Rheinland in August 2020 with R290 applied to LG dryer models RC*0***V**.
      4 Tested by VDE by comparing energy consumption between LG model GBB530NSCXE (LG Inverter Linear Compressor) and GBB530NSQWB (LG conventional reciprocating compressor). Energy consumption test based on ISO 15502 standard.

link hidden, please login to view