1. Either go back to a home bar or at least let the users decide what type they see, home bar (like in one in previous series) or home screen, so they can switch
2. Make home bar/screen user definable in regards of position of app listand sources list, so we don‘t have to scroll down every time we want to start an app.
3. Put an option to remove the annoying frames in the top part of the home screen.
4. Use the same size for app and source icons. Why are the app icons so small?
5. Make source icons renamable. My PS5 is connected to HDMI 4 and I cannot name the port „PS5“. This is one of the most essential things. The TV can also not recognize the PS5 as gaming console and I would have to do that manually, but since this part of external device control I wouldn‘t do that, because I don‘t want to control the PS5 via my TV, I just want to rename the icon.
6. Put an option „Always go directly into full settings menu“. The side list of icons that appears when pressing thr settings button is annoying. The symbols are partially totally unclear and I would have to go down to the one that opens all settings. Too many button presses.
7. With an app or TV or whatever running and when accessing the home screen, don‘t stop the stream and mute the audio, just put the picture as small PiP overlay on top of the home screen, including audio and continue playing until any app or source is switched.
8. Put an option to turn off auto-update for apps or at least let the user decide!
Always let the user decide. This UI is made for the users.
By News Reporter
LG Continues to Push the Limits of Future Mobility with Advanced ADAS Technology
SEOUL, Nov. 25, 2021 — LG Electronics (LG) and Mercedes-Benz AG were named joint winners this week at the annual AutoSens Awards, a global celebration of autonomous driving and advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS).
Every year the AutoSens conference recognizes companies for innovations in six categories of which LG was nominated in two: 2020 Vision Award and Hardware Development of the Year. The 2020 Vision Award was bestowed to LG and Mercedes-Benz in recognition of their influence, sustainability, contribution to the industry and inspiration to future technologies. The Hardware Development of the Year award was given to LG for successfully commercializing its front multipurpose camera technology beyond the concept stage. LG and Mercedes-Benz have been on ADAS camera technology for the past seven years, seeing the fruits of their labor commercialized in the new sedan which launched last month.
First started in 2015, the AutoSens Awards celebrates the best innovations and innovators in ADAS and autonomous vehicle technology. Every year, representatives from automakers, suppliers, research labs and academia take part in AutoSens online communities, conferences and training modules, exhibition events and workshops to better understand the fast-growing autonomous vehicle industry, which could not exist without ADAS technology.
Dr. Park Young-kyung, a Vision AI expert at LG, and Dr. Benjamin Marx of Mercedes-Benz’ multi-purpose camera team accepted the award and delivered a speech where they described the rewarding experience of working together for many years to develop a camera solution that improved real-life safety and met the strict European NCAP safety requirements. The state-of-the-art technology developed by the two companies is capable of taking advantage of deep learning and multi radar sensors to deliver significantly more environmental data to the central processing unit for analysis. More data results in better analysis and greater safety.
“Demonstration value to our automotive customers is the ultimate reward for LG,” said Dr. Kim Jin-yong, president of the LG Vehicle component Solutions Company. “Being honored together with Mercedes-Benz is very meaningful to LG as we strive to contribute toward innovation in future mobility.”
# # #
link hidden, please login to view
By News Reporter
In a unique initiative to address food insecurity and spread kindness across the United States, LG is working with global nonprofit Lasagna Love to positively impact communities by connecting neighbors through homemade lasagnas.
LG USA enlisted the help of celebrity chefs and foodies to kick off the . They will be pitching in to bake lasagnas and posting their experience across their social media channels to inspire others to volunteer and keep the cooking challenge going.
The campaign, which launched on Nov. 8 in time for the season of giving, has a goal of delivering 15,000 meals and connecting people in their communities throughout the USA. The social media campaign encourages others to join Lasagna Love’s mission of addressing the incredible rise in food insecurity among families and providing a simple act of kindness to those in need of a helping hand.
LG believes in empowering home cooks and providing them with the innovative tools they need to make the most of their time in the kitchen. Through the partnership with Lasagna Love, LG will be sharing recipes and cooking tips for LG’s InstaView ranges to motivate consumers to get involved and give them all the tools they need to make and gift the perfect lasagna.
“We’ve all been in a place of needing support, whether it’s a family struggling with food insecurity, a neighbor feeling isolated, or a friend who could use a little encouragement, we hope to inspire others this holiday season to spread Lasagna Love’s mission and connect people in their communities,” says Gail Conroy, senior director of marketing, LG Electronics USA.
Lasagna Love’s mission is simple: feed families, spread kindness and strengthen communities. According to CEO and Founder Rhiannon Menn, “Lasagna Love was created through the simple act of one family making a home-cooked meal for another family in need. As we continue to scale our mission of spreading kindness, what’s most inspiring is how we’re making life a little better not only for the families receiving a meal, but also for the volunteers who are cooking.
“We’re thrilled to be partnering with an innovative company like LG that truly understands the power in this one simple act of kindness and wants to help us reach even further,” she says.
# # #
link hidden, please login to view
It would be great if I didn't need to use an Amazon fire stick on my awesome oled tv to get the apps I want.
Please update the webos to at least 4.0 on modelsOLED65B6PB6