Quantcast

Can't resume play / fast forward on HEVC x265 MKV file loaded via DLNA server - any ideas?

Filippo Antonio Capizzi

Question

5 answers to this question

@Filippo Antonio Capizzi Has this ever worked before on the previous TV? Did it work n the NEW TV before you updated the firmware?

Also, are you able to test with different resolution movies, and different formats other than MKV? Does MP4 or MOV work? If all formats exhibit this issue, and ESPECIALLY if this happened after the firmware update, then raise a support ticket with your local LG country support.

Thank you @td47 for your suggestion, and sorry for the late reply.

I didn't have a previous TV, this is my first one. The firmware was updated right after unboxing the TV, so I didn't have the chance to try the movies with the previous version.

I've tried only MKV files with different codecs (h264 and h265) and resolutions (720p, 1080p, 4K), but none of them worked.

I will try with some MP4's and let you know.

Just to be sure: you're telling me that resume / fast forward should work on any file?

@Filippo Antonio Capizzi No, I am NOT saying that those useful functions SHOULD work on any file, I am just trying to get a technical "feel" for the problem you are describing, and if it INITIALLY worked when you got the TV (i.e. was the problem caused by the new firmware). Those functions will ALL depend greatly on the capabilities of the SPECIFIC player app you are using, and the good (or bad) integration of the required CODECS within it, to handle the different file types. The YOUTUBE app's job in life IS to do those things that you are trying, BUT it was designed to do just that. General basic player APPS (particularly those "standard" in-built ones in so-called "smart" TV's), might be just too basic to do that. What is the player app actually called?