Disney Hotstar not showing up on LG 86" Class - UN8570 Series

Question

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

@murugess Hotstar is ONLY available in India, USA and Canada currently.  You will NOT be able to get the APP on your TV if not ACTUALLY in one of those 3 countries.

HOWEVER, you may wish to try using a VPN service to "configure" your location to be, say an Indian IP address location, then you MIGHT be able to view shows via the app downloaded on to your Laptop/PC.

Here is an example, but I offer NO guarrantees,  as Hotstar could tighten up their location checking for VPN use:

link hidden, please login to view

Edited by td47
typo and clarification

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Rahulendra Bhaskar
      Dear LG Team,
      I would like to know is there any possibility to get latest entertainment app like Disney++Hotstar, ZEE5, Voot etc. for the LG web OS 2.0 models?
      My TV Model is 42LF6500.
      Positive reply expected in this regard, because I am dedicated and valuable customer of LG brand.
      Thanks in advance.
    • By Vlatkovski
      Hello,

After updating on 05.60.15 i have popping sound on all three hdmi ports.  I tried several different HDMI cables but it reappears when connected to the receiver. When I watch netflix or internet the sound is fine. 
      Is there a problem with the update or something is wrong with the TV? I repeat before the update the sound was great.
    • By alizadeh
      Hi, 

I was tying to change the settings on our LG TV to enable it for HD channel reception. We found instructions on the net to configure the "area option" in the hidden menu, however, they did not work. So, we thought that we need to change the country group to be able to receive the HD channels. Although we could not change the "country group code" from 20 to an arbitrary number, we change it to 10. After that, we have not been able to change it anymore. It is struck there. I know this is ridiculous, but an LG TV expert who is working in LG customer services told us that I could not change it either and we need to replace the IC. I shocked why with a simple change in one of the TV parameters, everything is got complicated. 

In details, here is the picture of the parameters currently set on the LG TV with the model number of 49LH549V-TD: 

Please tell me why I could not set the "country group code" to 20 once again? It is gray meaning that is unchangeable. Any ideas will be appreciated.

Best regards 
      Alizadeh 

• By C.s. Midha
      I have LGWeb Os LF6300 TV(43") with firmware 4.60.40and my update option remains always ticked. When I manually try tp update, I get a messahe" no update vailsble". Whereas I have read that latest version is 6.0.0. How can I update tv to latest Firmware version.
      CSMidha
    • By Yash Anandpara
      Is hotstar app available for 43LH600t ?