Quantcast

Extremely Annoying! Sling TV App bug causing a daily reset of login credentials and/or uninstall and reinstall of Sling App

Srusick

Question

The the past three (3) weeks Sling App looses my login credentials and/or lists and error message.  I've had to uninstall and reinstall the Sling App multiple times on both of my LG OLED 55" & 65" tv's.  I've contacted Sling and their customer services noted they are aware of this issue with LG and some Samsung TV's and have no updates on when it will be resolved.  Anyone have the same issue? Greatly appreciated any suggestions on how to cure this issue., thx.

• Like 1

3 answers to this question

20 hours ago, Srusick said:

The the past three (3) weeks Sling App looses my login credentials and/or lists and error message.  I've had to uninstall and reinstall the Sling App multiple times on both of my LG OLED 55" & 65" tv's.  I've contacted Sling and their customer services noted they are aware of this issue with LG and some Samsung TV's and have no updates on when it will be resolved.  Anyone have the same issue? Greatly appreciated any suggestions on how to cure this issue., thx.

I've been having the same issues. Tried logging out, uninstalling and reinstalling on my 86" and every day I get a 19-2 (not subscribed) error or a "1-0" error black/Grey bar at the bottom of the screen. My only workaround is to reboot the TV by unchecking one of the user agreements on the General page until it dies again. Super annoying. I hope it gets fixed soon... 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By petersteinmeijer
      Hello
      Every week ( or so ) I get this ( see photo ) on my TV. 
      I can click it away, but, as I said, it keeps coming back.
      This doesn't seem to affect my TV, but it is annoying.
      I don't know if any action on my part is required but if not how do I stop it from reappearing ?
      thanks
      Peter

(  [LG} webOS TV UM7100PLB  )

• By rwskinner
      A few months ago after a firmware update, the one that says "SLING + FreeStream" across the screen on starting sling, each time the tv comes on, and sling was the last item open, it says network error, and if I exit sling loads fine.
      It only does this with Sling and my LG tv's.  Netflix doesn't do it and my Samsung and Visio don't do it.  None of my LG's did until that update.   It's like they're trying to go to a site before the TV's network is ready, and no retrying it.
      If I go to Netflix then turn off the TV, when I turn it back on Netflix loads just fine with no Error.
      I'm resetting these again.  I tried that multiple times and it doesn't fix anything.  Deleting the Sling app and reloading and updating doesn't help either.  This all happens on all 3 of my new LG's.
    • By News Reporter
      With its market leadership strengthening significantly over the last decade, LG continues to offer constantly evolving, exclusive values through LG OLED TVs ushering in a new era for the television as well as LG QNED TVs rejuvenating the LCD space. Aligning with its Sync to You, Open to All vision, LG’s newest TV additions are akin to home hubs designed to enrich everyday life through cutting-edge technologies.
      LG’s 2023 TV lineup, which will be available in Korea and global markets starting this month, highlights a decade of OLED technology advancements with premium self-lit picture quality, cutting-edge image processing for brighter, crisper images and an enhanced webOS platform equipped with more smart features and services.

With an award-winning reputation for exceptional picture quality, contrast, inky blacks and wide viewing angles, LG OLED TVs have outdone themselves yet again by offering flawless performance as well as the widest selection of resolutions (4K, 8K, etc.), form factors (rollable OLED, bendable OLED), designs and sizes (42 to 97 inches1), giving users the freedom to choose the perfect screen for their unique needs, preferences and homes.

A significant upgrade coming to this year’s OLED evo G3 series is LG’s Brightness Booster Max technology, which incorporates brand-new light control architecture and light-boosting algorithms to increase brightness by up to 70 percent2. Brightness is mapped and controlled on a pixel-by-pixel basis, resulting in sharper, more realistic images. The OLED evo G3 series also applies Super Anti Reflective technology3 to reduce visual distractions such as light glares and reflections, and even introduces the world’s largest OLED TV (97 inches) for next-level immersion on a grand scale.

The new α9 AI Processor Gen6 of 2023 OLED evo series leverages sophisticated AI-assisted Deep Learning technology to deliver top-notch picture and sound quality through AI Picture Pro, which improves upscaling so that content can be experienced exactly how the creators intended. On top of this, OLED Dynamic Tone Mapping Pro reveals hidden details to bring greater depth to every frame and AI Sound Pro fills the room with virtual 9.1.2 surround sound from the TV’s built-in speakers to place viewers into the scene. Furthermore, LG’s latest TVs and soundbars4 work seamlessly together and create three-dimensional sound, courtesy of WOW Orchestra.
      Inspired to invent unique lifestyle experiences through its Life’s Good philosophy and Sync to You, Open to All vision, LG is revolutionizing the TV’s role at home by syncing viewers’ experiences with their unique tastes and lifestyles through new features, designs and much more.
      Featuring the latest webOS, this year’s models introduce the All-New Home, a redesigned user interface (UI) offering a wealth of customization options and convenience. New Quick Cards – convenient categories such as Home Office, Gaming, Music and Sports – present users with the best way to access their most-viewed content and services.

Designed for all, the new webOS makes it easy for anyone using the TV to enjoy personalized recommendations, which are determined based on viewing history and viewing habits. AI Concierge not only curates content based on past usage and searches, but also suggests trending titles and useful settings and features – from Family Care and Eye Comfort to Multi-View mode.

To create the most seamless cross-device experience, LG’s latest TVs are compatible with the new smart home standard, Matter, giving users the ability to control and monitor various smart home devices from a growing list of global manufacturers on their TV.
      Also being added to LG’s 2023 TV lineup are new QNED TVs leveraging Quantum Dot NanoCell Color technology to produce rich, accurate and lifelike colors that complete the unforgettable viewing experience. Equipped with QNED Million Grey Scale Block Dimming technology,5 the latest QNED Mini LED TVs come the closest to the contrast and black levels of OLED. What’s more, LG’s 2023 Mini LED TVs not only boast 64-times-greater contrast than their predecessors to achieve one million dynamic gradations, but also designs that are slimmer and harmonize with LG’s newest soundbars.
      LG’s latest QNED Mini LED TVs are branded as ‘QNED evo’ TVs only in Korea
      LG has implemented various features to help people of all abilities use its products, like voice descriptions when navigating menus, on-screen content and search results. Should the TV switch to standby mode, the user will receive voice notifications detailing the screen’s status and recommended actions. Also, by long-pressing LG Magic Remote’s mute button, users can find the Learn TV Remote feature which teaches them how to use the smart remote’s handy features. Finally, the Sign Language Zoom feature lets hearing-impaired users enlarge the sign language interpreter on screen.
      LG is also championing environmental sustainability by reducing its plastic usage during TV production, and by ramping up its use of recycled plastics and materials featuring single-color printing.
      To learn more about LG’s 2023 TVs, visit
      link hidden, please login to view. # # #
      1 Availability of each series and size option varies by country.
      2 Applies to 55/65/77-inch G3 models and is a measurement of full screen whites.
      3 Applies to 77/88-inch Z3 models and 55/65/77-inch G3 models.
      4 Feature will be added via software update.
      5 Applies to QNED85 model.

• By Julio Henrique Morimoto
      I've had an LG 47LB6500 for about five months now. I love the TV and it's great. Except one thing that I find irritating is a constant AV input popup that keeps reappearing over, and over, and over.

While watching any content from any input, the popup appears.
      link hidden, please login to view.  
      The only device plugged to the TV is an HDMI Sky HDTV Set Top Box, and there is nothing plugged into any AV input. WebOS seems to enter some variable loop, displaying several of these popups in sequence. Often, the number of popups is such, that the TV will freeze trying to show all of them. I can only assume a lot of its CPU is being used to render them. The TV will become unresponsive until all popups disappear. The annoyance may last a couple of minutes, but it happens everytime the TV is turned back on.

From the input configuration screen, I can see the AV input is active. .

Once it's removed, the popups are gone. But once the TV is turned off and back on, WebOS will scan for devices and these empty AV inputs are back on the list... and the parade of popups will follow.

As a user, I have to consder this a bug. And it's a very irritating one. These popups cover subtitles and seem to show up minutes after the TV is turned on. Please provide a fix with a firmware update or, at least, provide a workaround to make it stop.

Kind regards!
      Julio
    • By leimberger
      While watching YouTube on my WebOS TV, I very frequently pause the picture and I do not like the picture dimming the second i hit pause.  It makes an extremely unpleasant experience when the remote requires 6 actions to go from 'pause' to 'play'.  
      Step 1) push 'pause'  (screen goes dim)
      Step 2) 'up arrow' (to get rid of dimming)
      Step 3) 'up arrow' a second time (to finish getting rid of dimming)
      Step 4) push  'play' (screen goes dim)
      Steps 5 +6) repeat steps 2+3  (screen is now bright and playing)  
      6 steps?   2 steps is the ONLY logical number.   1) pause and  2) play (actually just pause for both pausing and play but we'll leave that for now)  6 steps makes  for a VERY unpleasant viewing experience.  
      Yes I am aware the screen will return after about 3 seconds.  (unpleasant/frustrating)  
      Yes I am aware that I can use the 180 degree arrow key to reduce the number of steps to only 4.  There are 2 problems with this method.  1) Its still 2 steps too many.  2)  If i wait a split second too long, the screen will return to bright screen at the same moment I push the button and now that 180 degree arrow button is programmed to return you to the main menu.  This makes it even more aggravating because I now have to go into the history menu to restart the video.    
      Can someone please tell me how to eliminate the auto dimming?  If its not possible, can the webOS programmers just reprogram the system to stop doing this.  Yes, its a first world problem, but when you hit 'pause' as much as i do,  honestly want to return the TV.  I can't take how poorly it was designed.  It makes no sense.  thank you for your help.  

• Similar Tagged Content