Akash Akash

Question

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

@Akash Akash FYI: just because a web site shows something is a JPG or JPEG file, it is NOT necessarrily that file type. It might surprise you (or not), that the TEXT for any link in any page anywhere, can in reality be something entirely different. That in itself is one of BIGGEST security issues on the Internet today, and is down to how HTML is defined to work as it does. Many users do not even know that (on a PC browser anyway), placing the mouse-cursor over a link will show the REAL URL LINK for what the text represents. Likewise I could take any file (say a bad malware file, like a .EXE), and rename it as goodfile.jpeg and when you click on it to call your photo viewer, it might try to execute something bad, and put a trojan on your PC.

A TV browser may well be designed to check the REAL file type, and ignore it if it was not a real picture file.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.