Question

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

@Rosefay Yes, I find that annoying too. It seems that the best way to get the catchup services where no proper "app" exists yet, is: Hit the green button and that will get you into freeview plus (can take a while to load, might have to press the green a couple of times, then yellow for the menu I think) . Plus7 and the other catch up services are accessible that way. Otherwise get a Apple TV which has all the catch up apps.

I find those menus very clunky and hit & miss though, not very intuitive. You DO get used to them, and sometimes the Advert transitions will crash the running app/program, and you have to use the BACK button.

I sometimes use my Windows 10 laptop, and connect via the browser (I use Firefox, as it has a VERY GOOD password manager to remember all the account passwords), and go to:

link hidden, please login to view

then log in and select any programs or catch-up for missed episodes etc, and I use a spare HDMI cable to connect to a spare slot at the back of the TV (or now through my smart AV amp). Select that HDMI input on your TV and start playing your programs. Of course I am assuming you have an HDMI socket on your laptop! If not, and the TV and laptop are on the same WiFi network, the built-in CONNECT app might work (it is in the expanded app control part of the NOTIFICATIONS area, bottom right, in Windows 10).

Edited by td47
Minor clarification

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By BHPOST
      My new gallery series OLED TV died after less than two months. For weeks now, I have been calling LG support for help. The have created multiple repair tickets, but they have not been to get a repair technician out to fix the problem.
      LG keeps trying to outsource the repair to 3rd party service companies. Does anyone know how I can find a local tech that works for LG to come out and fix it?
      If not, what recourse do I have?
      Thank you. 
    • By adamrt
      Bought a oled65g16la worse thing I ever did, how do you put a normal size plug behind a 19mm thick TV? answer is you can't!!
      I have a Sonos system, works fine on all other TV's, but I can only get Stereo out of it and not 5.1, it's connected via HDMI, supports ARC, I have gone to setting and tried everything, anyone have any idea's?
      Great picture, rubbish TV
    • By lgoledtv
      After updating to the latest web browser with new user interface on LG C9, subtitles on all streaming websites disappears every 2-3mins.
      Video continues to play without subs. The subtitles will re-appear if I move the magic remote but disappears again after 3mins.
      Should be a widespread issue as it's also happening on Youtube.com videos with subs. Un-related but Play/Stop button on magic remote also stop working on the new browser.

• By alebabai
      After updating to the latest web browser with new UI, closed caption subtitles on ALL websites video including Youtube.com disappears every 2-3mins. Video continues to play without subs and subs will re-appear if I move the magic remote but disappears again after 3mins.
      Model - OLED55B8PLA
      WebOS - 4.3.0.9604
      Software version - 05.30.10
      Here is reddit post about this https://www.reddit.com/r/OLED/comments/npud6a/new_updated_web_browser_video_subtitles/
      Update:
      Fixed in the latest update.
    • By Bella Lee
      In fact, Spotify doesn't offer its service to LG webOS Smartwatch now. If you want to listen to Spotify songs on LG webOS Smartwatch, you'd need a . With Tunelf Spotibeat Music Converter, you can
      link hidden, please login to view and then transfer them to LG webOS Smartwatch for playing without limits.