Quantcast

• Own an LG TV or webOS device? Join our Forum!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

Rosefay

LG55UN7300PTC Ten Play catch up tv Aust

Question

Hi

how do I get Ten Play catch up tv  on my new LG55UN7300PTC??

Can get ABC IView  9Now  SBS & 7 (Seven) but not 10 (Ten) must be something simple I am not doing

1 answer to this question

@Rosefay Yes, I find that annoying too. It seems that the best way to get the catchup services where no proper "app" exists yet, is: Hit the green button and that will get you into freeview plus (can take a while to load, might have to press the green a couple of times, then yellow for the menu I think) . Plus7 and the other catch up services are accessible that way. Otherwise get a Apple TV which has all the catch up apps.

I find those menus very clunky and hit & miss though, not very intuitive. You DO get used to them, and sometimes the Advert transitions will crash the running app/program, and you have to use the BACK button.

I sometimes use my Windows 10 laptop, and connect via the browser (I use Firefox, as it has a VERY GOOD password manager to remember all the account passwords), and go to:

link hidden, please login to view

then log in and select any programs or catch-up for missed episodes etc, and I use a spare HDMI cable to connect to a spare slot at the back of the TV (or now through my smart AV amp). Select that HDMI input on your TV and start playing your programs. Of course I am assuming you have an HDMI socket on your laptop! If not, and the TV and laptop are on the same WiFi network, the built-in CONNECT app might work (it is in the expanded app control part of the NOTIFICATIONS area, bottom right, in Windows 10).

Edited by td47
Minor clarification

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Bogan Silver
      Hi
      I am trying to stream and display my favorite song collections on a smart TV, all failed. I had previously used samsung s3 to connect via bluetooth, but when i used iphone x to connect, the system reported an incompatible error. Can someone tell me why the connection was not successful? Here are the songs I want to play on my TV: 
      link hidden, please login to view
      Thanks in advance  
    • By kazimates
      I setup LG 32LJ570U-TA on my office. I record some news or tv channels from satellite on LG TV to usb. But the file extension is not showing to us on computer and I can't play this recorded videos on my pc. How can I play edit or convert this videos of LG TV recorded on my pc?

• By Adlan
      Hi,  I hope you could add in Unifi Play TV to the app that can be installed on LG webOS
      Thank you
    • By cyberbiker
      Sometimes the Showtime and the Starz apps. will not play videos. The little loading icon just twirls. A couple days later they might work fine.  I have tried signing out, deleting the app, reloading it from the LG Store, then signing back in, but it doesn’t solve the problem. Broadband speed tests are above 110 MB. 
      Because it happens with both apps, it seems it could be some sort of an LG handshake or verification problem.
      Casting Showtime and Starz movies to my LG 43UM6910PUA 4K UHD TV from the corresponding app on my iPhone works fine  but it ties up the phone.
      Has anyone else had this problem and found a solution?
    • By dr dave
      I have an LG WebOS TV UH7650 with software version 05.30.90 that is set for automatic updates.  I purchased a movie via Amazon last night.  Last night, I used my iPad to start the movie just to confirm it would launch, which it did on the iPad.  Today I was able to use myLG TV to log onto my email, open my order receipt from Amazon and open the page on www.amazon.com that shows my purchase.  When I click the “Continue Watching” button, I get a “Google Chrome Update Required” message.  I read one or two posts in this forum that say the problem doesn’t reside in the TV’s software or firmware, rather that whatever service is trying to communicate with the TV is not compatible with WebOS and that users whose TVs are in this situation need to gently urge the service provider to make their service compatible with WebOS,  
      it is a bit hard to imagine that a giant like Amazon is not making their service compatible with WebOS.  The references to “Prime” in the error message really make it seem like Amazon is the party attempting to serve the movie.  The complete message says,
      Google Chrome Update Required
      A later version of Google Chrome is required for Prime Video.  To update, click the Chrome menu (three horizontal stripes) on the browser toolbar, click About Google Chrome, and then click Relaunch.
      For more information, please see Prime Video system requirements.
      Technology is generally not too kind to me.  Does anybody have any ideas how I can resolve this?