Quantcast

Problem with software version 05.80.35

Alcides Andrade

Question

I have lg tv model 49UJ6525, last weekend the tv updated to version 05.80.35, but now I realized that I can no longer use the 5 GHz WIFI network, the network is disconnecting and connecting all the time. I did a test with the 2.4 Ghz network and it works normal, but I would like to use the 5GHz network.
Is it possible to solve this problem?

7 answers to this question

@Alcides Andrade It might be that the new update is making the 5G more sensitive to interference on channels. If you have a laptop or desktop that can access 5G WiFi, download the neat program "WiFiInfoView" from here:

link hidden, please login to view
and run it. Wait for a couple of minutes for it to settle down and pick up your close neighbours WiFi SSID's and check if any close ones are on your same 5G channel. I use channel 36 on mine, and see no interference.

If you don't have a manual for your router model, download one from the manufacturers site, check how to log in, and go to the settings, try changing the channel number to one that nobody else is using.

If you test it in the same room as the TV, this will give you a better picture of what the TV will being getting.

@Alcides Andrade Thanks for the useful feedback. I had read about that "problem" too, somewhere on this forum, but it is the first time I have seen it confirmed.

I assume that all your OTHER devices on your home network have been fine with the special characters?  I find it very odd, that the firmware and WiFi internal card can be written to work for a time, then drop out the 5G. Did this work for longer on the 2.4G, or were you not able to test  that?  Actually a hyphen (dash) character is not all that special, and I have seen SSID names with spaces in, that work, so it is a bit of a subtle "bug" (as it is part of a standard character set in many languages). If it had been a Tilde (~) then OK, a bit more obscure, but not impossible to code for surely?

Glad you got it working, you post may be useful to others, thanks again.

@td47 After the firmware update, only the 5Ghz network had a problem with using the hyphen. The 2Ghz network continued to function well even with a hyphen in the network name.
I really believe that it is a bug in the firmware version, however, it is possible to continue using the device normally just by making this change to the SSID of the 5Ghz network.
An easy problem to solve but difficult to discover .....

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Stuart GIBSON
      I have a 48" OLED (Model: OLED48A26LA).  after updating to software version 13.30.61 the Sky New Live feed just displays "There was a problem with this video [timeout]".  It worked perfectly before the TV software upgrade.
      Ive reinstalled the Sky News app but still doesnt work.  wifi etc is all ok.
      Any ideas?  
      Stuart

• By Burkey
      hi all. new to this but really stumped!!! i live in ontario canada and have been using cogeco cable for internet and tv. it got way too expensive so i cancelled both and switched to bell 3.0 which is at least 3 times faster and we have no tv package, so we are just streaming everything for 1/3 the price!!!!!  i signed up for a couple of sports sites, tsn and sportsnet + so i can watch hockey playoffs and other sports.  tsn works just fine on the tv.  however, sportsnet + says that i have to have web os version 89 or higher.  i found my tv, which is a 2023 version, is only version 87!!! i chatted with tech support and they were no help.  anybody got any ideas as to what i can do for this???  no auto software updates for it and nothing on the lg app store.  quite confused how a 2023 model is not up to date, or sportsnet+ is that far ahead and not backward compatible>>>
      thanks to anybody that answers.
      dave
    • By Tsmt
      Hello,
      I have a problem with the subtitles when I try to share a video wirelessly directly from my PC to my LG 55SM9010PLA TV. I am not talking about sharing the whole screen (it lags a bit), just the video itself. 
      Sharing the video itself works well, but randomly the TV randomly does not recognise the subtitle, the sub option is not active in the TV menu, and there are no subtitles. It is in the same folder on my PC as the movie (.mkv), with the same name. In case of some movies it works, in case of others not, and I do not see the reasons why.
      First I tought it is becouse the format of the subtitle needs to be ".sub", becouse it worked with one movie. So I have learnt how to convert properly ".srt" to ".sub" - but still no success.
      Then I realised, in the case of another movie ".srt" worked on the TV, so I got really confused.
      I see no logic behind it.  Could you help me, what is the key here, what am I missing?
      Thank you!

• By News Reporter
      Company to Share Its Unique Perspective on the Transition to SDVs,
      Demonstrate How LG Software Solutions Address Key Challenges for Future Mobility

SEOUL, May 17, 2024 — LG Electronics (LG), a mobility sector technology leader, will be sharing its latest insights and innovations at AutoTech: Detroit, taking place in Detroit, Michigan, U.S.A., from June 5-6. Organized by the Informa Tech Automotive Group, AutoTech: Detroit is one of the automotive industry’s premier events, typically drawing over 3,000 industry leaders and experts. This year’s show will explore the latest advancements in automotive technology, including the areas of software-defined vehicles (SDVs), connectivity, electrification and design.
      LG’s AutoTech: Detroit conference session, titled BEYOND THE ROAD: NAVIGATING THE SDV TRANSITION, will focus on the present and future of SDVs. The session will explore three pivotal challenges facing the industry: the technical complexities of developing a unified vehicle operating system, how to transform user experiences through the realization of a “Living Space on Wheels,” and the need to adapt current business models for sustained innovation and value creation.
      The company’s presentation will seek to highlight the critical role of LG AlphaWare in the evolution of the SDV. A comprehensive suite of software solutions, LG AlphaWare empowers mobility providers to collaborate and innovate, supporting them to overcome diverse technical challenges while bringing home-like comfort and connectivity to the in-vehicle environment.
      LG’s session is scheduled to take place at 12:15-12:40 (EST) on June 5 at the Suburban Collection Showplace in Novi, Michigan. For more information about LG’s session at AutoTech: Detroit 2024, visit
      link hidden, please login to view. # # #

• By Birkso
      Have an LG55Nano which works well apart from when on specific BBC shows whereby whenever there is a switch if camera, say from contestants to host and vice versa, there is an extremely annoying flickering motion that takes place. May sound petty but any visitors comment on how distracting it can be.
      Happens constantly on Richard Osmans House of Games, Impossible, Pointless and similar BBC programmes. Reported it but was told I had to get video clips for them to assist despite it being less than a year old. Life's too short. Any advice very welcome.