Quantcast

• Own an LG TV or webOS device? Join our Forum!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

Offtrail

HBO MAX rip off

Question

We are paying $14.99 through YouTubeTV for HOB Max....but...we are not getting the full HBO Max....something like HBO Now.

Why is LG letting YoutubeTV place an HBO Max icon on its site, letting subscribers pay full freight, and not get the full HBO Max????

Not fair or right!

As soon as an alternative arrives we will go to it.

Please explain!

Chas

LG Oled

4 answers to this question

8 hours ago, Offtrail said:

We are paying $14.99 through YouTubeTV for HOB Max....but...we are not getting the full HBO Max....something like HBO Now.

Why is LG letting YoutubeTV place an HBO Max icon on its site, letting subscribers pay full freight, and not get the full HBO Max????

Not fair or right!

As soon as an alternative arrives we will go to it.

Please explain!

Chas

LG Oled

Hi @Offtrail

LG are not the arbiters of what a third parties do or charges for their services.

LG did negotiate with YoutubeTV, which is in their app list, which we pay for. Through the YoutubeTV app you can buy HBOMax. Someone in LG either did not check the YoutubeTV content details or missed the fact you don't receive the full product. If you use your log in on hbomax.com on your computer or their phone app, you can receive the entire product, just not on the LG OLED tv.

Either LG didn't pay attention, or received a better price for the product that seems to include HBO now, or they didn't want to spend the time integrating HBO MAX into their programing infrastructure because, in the future, they may deal with HBO Max directly.

My 2 cents

Either way, if you are paying the same as the platforms ($14.99) that carry, we are getting a lesser product. Maybe I will also communicate with youtubetv, who gets the $15.