I have a NANO91ANA LG TV connected via HDMI to a Yamaha RX-V677 Receiver. Normally when I turn the TV on it also turns the receiver on and I can control volume via the LG remote, whether it is an app on the TV or from another device connected to my receiver (Apple TV or cable box). Now the receiver is not turning on and ARC audio is not working. I think there may have been a software update the other day, but I'm not sure. However, everything was working properly until last night. The last time this happened it seemed to correct itself (it seems to be kind of sporadic), but this time it did not. I do not know what to do to correct this, but it is a major pain as I'm now having to deal with 4 remotes, plus I can't get sound out of my surround speakers when using an app on the TV. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
1. Either go back to a home bar or at least let the users decide what type they see, home bar (like in one in previous series) or home screen, so they can switch
2. Make home bar/screen user definable in regards of position of app listand sources list, so we don‘t have to scroll down every time we want to start an app.
3. Put an option to remove the annoying frames in the top part of the home screen.
4. Use the same size for app and source icons. Why are the app icons so small?
5. Make source icons renamable. My PS5 is connected to HDMI 4 and I cannot name the port „PS5“. This is one of the most essential things. The TV can also not recognize the PS5 as gaming console and I would have to do that manually, but since this part of external device control I wouldn‘t do that, because I don‘t want to control the PS5 via my TV, I just want to rename the icon.
6. Put an option „Always go directly into full settings menu“. The side list of icons that appears when pressing thr settings button is annoying. The symbols are partially totally unclear and I would have to go down to the one that opens all settings. Too many button presses.
7. With an app or TV or whatever running and when accessing the home screen, don‘t stop the stream and mute the audio, just put the picture as small PiP overlay on top of the home screen, including audio and continue playing until any app or source is switched.
8. Put an option to turn off auto-update for apps or at least let the user decide!
Always let the user decide. This UI is made for the users.
By News Reporter
LG Continues to Push the Limits of Future Mobility with Advanced ADAS Technology
SEOUL, Nov. 25, 2021 — LG Electronics (LG) and Mercedes-Benz AG were named joint winners this week at the annual AutoSens Awards, a global celebration of autonomous driving and advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS).
Every year the AutoSens conference recognizes companies for innovations in six categories of which LG was nominated in two: 2020 Vision Award and Hardware Development of the Year. The 2020 Vision Award was bestowed to LG and Mercedes-Benz in recognition of their influence, sustainability, contribution to the industry and inspiration to future technologies. The Hardware Development of the Year award was given to LG for successfully commercializing its front multipurpose camera technology beyond the concept stage. LG and Mercedes-Benz have been on ADAS camera technology for the past seven years, seeing the fruits of their labor commercialized in the new sedan which launched last month.
First started in 2015, the AutoSens Awards celebrates the best innovations and innovators in ADAS and autonomous vehicle technology. Every year, representatives from automakers, suppliers, research labs and academia take part in AutoSens online communities, conferences and training modules, exhibition events and workshops to better understand the fast-growing autonomous vehicle industry, which could not exist without ADAS technology.
Dr. Park Young-kyung, a Vision AI expert at LG, and Dr. Benjamin Marx of Mercedes-Benz’ multi-purpose camera team accepted the award and delivered a speech where they described the rewarding experience of working together for many years to develop a camera solution that improved real-life safety and met the strict European NCAP safety requirements. The state-of-the-art technology developed by the two companies is capable of taking advantage of deep learning and multi radar sensors to deliver significantly more environmental data to the central processing unit for analysis. More data results in better analysis and greater safety.
“Demonstration value to our automotive customers is the ultimate reward for LG,” said Dr. Kim Jin-yong, president of the LG Vehicle component Solutions Company. “Being honored together with Mercedes-Benz is very meaningful to LG as we strive to contribute toward innovation in future mobility.”
# # #
link hidden, please login to view