Quantcast

HBO MAX rip off

Offtrail

Question

We are paying $14.99 through YouTubeTV for HOB Max....but...we are not getting the full HBO Max....something like HBO Now.

Why is LG letting YoutubeTV place an HBO Max icon on its site, letting subscribers pay full freight, and not get the full HBO Max????

Not fair or right!

As soon as an alternative arrives we will go to it.

Please explain!

Chas

LG Oled

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

8 hours ago, Offtrail said:

We are paying $14.99 through YouTubeTV for HOB Max....but...we are not getting the full HBO Max....something like HBO Now.

Why is LG letting YoutubeTV place an HBO Max icon on its site, letting subscribers pay full freight, and not get the full HBO Max????

Not fair or right!

As soon as an alternative arrives we will go to it.

Please explain!

Chas

LG Oled

Hi @Offtrail

LG are not the arbiters of what a third parties do or charges for their services.

LG did negotiate with YoutubeTV, which is in their app list, which we pay for. Through the YoutubeTV app you can buy HBOMax. Someone in LG either did not check the YoutubeTV content details or missed the fact you don't receive the full product. If you use your log in on hbomax.com on your computer or their phone app, you can receive the entire product, just not on the LG OLED tv.

Either LG didn't pay attention, or received a better price for the product that seems to include HBO now, or they didn't want to spend the time integrating HBO MAX into their programing infrastructure because, in the future, they may deal with HBO Max directly.

My 2 cents

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Calvinder
      A couple days ago My LG Oled voice recognition stopped working.
      If I speak to it it just says "Voice not recognized"
      I have tried many things I found online to fix this issue with no luck.
      One suggestion was to go to Settings>all settings>general>AI Service>Voice recognition and change to LG ThinQ.
      But the  voice recognition tab is gone. There is only voice recognition settings tab 
      I would rather not have to reset to factory settings unles there is a way to save / export my current seating's
      Any suggestions  

Thanks 

• By George Johnson
      Recently when I view an MP4 in a 4.3 format, the picture is being stretched to fill the screen thereby distorting the picture by making it wide. The setting is at original, and in a input MP4 video mode, there is only one selection (original). So I assume that the 4.3 will show up as 4.3 with black bars on both sides, but nope.... How do I turn off the stretch feature? My unit is a OLED65C9PUA and my PM4's are on an external drive plugged into the USB port.
    • By Xavier Williams
      As stated in the title. 
      I can't connect my controller to the tv, however it says there may be some incompatibility issues. Which is interesting because it's listed in the compatible products on LG's webpage.
      When I open the web browser and go to the Xbox xcloud site to play games. I hit 'ready to play' and it says that it can't detect the controller even though its connected to my TV.

Things I've tried: 
      - Unplugging my TV from the wall for 5 minutes or so.
      - Updating the TV to the latest software.
      - Updating the controller to the latest software.
      - Putting the controller USB stick into the TV and connecting it to the TV that way.
      - Removing all wireless transmission devices away from the TV (except my Orbi or Wireless router, roughly 5 meters away from the TV)

I've seen a Youtube video of someone successfully connecting their controller and play xcloud on the web browser but i haven't had the same success.

Any ideas or solutions would be much appreciated.
      Cheers
    • By bobjirous
      Hello,
      I am not able to force my new TV LG 49UN7400 to sound output only for BT - not BT headphones + internal speakers. Headphones are correctly paired, because "headphones + internal speakers" works, but I want hear sound ONLY in headphones and the choice "Bluetooth" is not active/selectable... 😕 Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

• By Lizzy
      I have set up a hard disc, that I can see in the home menu, but when I go to the guide and select the "i" it only gives me the option to watch. I am very new to smart television and I can't figure out how to correct this problem.