Quantcast

• Own an LG TV or webOS device? Join our Forum!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

DLN511

Youtube TV launched upon turning TV on?

Question

I recently switched my parents over to Youtube TV and they have a 50" 4K LG TV (don't know model number, it was bought in 2018).  Is there any way to have the TV launch into the app instead of one of the connections?  I've looked in the source input screens but can't find anything for it.  Otherwise they have to bring up the app screen everytime they turn the TV on to select Youtube TV

1 answer to this question

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Greg Bryant
      Does anyone else have an issue with the CX not displaying inputs after an input selection change?
      I found a YouTube video discussing this issue: 
      and in one of the comments, someone recommended disabling the Quick Select+ option; someone else suggested disabling the AMD Freesync option to fix the issue.
      I did both and that seems to correct the issue, but these are features that I paid for.  Does anyone else have this problem?  Just wondering if I have a defective unit.
      Thanks,

• By GJC
      I would like to be able to access my network drives without using DLNA.  It should look just like a USB drive.
    • By Simon Block
      There have been numerous articles over the pst year  suggesting that LG would roll AirPlay support onto the older 2018 model OLED TV's. This was even confirmed by a support person on the chat session for the Australian support site. They said it would be released before the end of 2020. 
      My TV is OLED65C7T and is currently on firmware 05.80.55. 
      Last week I asked the "chat now" person again and they said it was not happening. I'm not sure any of them know what they are talking about. 
      Can anyone shed any light on this?
    • By Gary M
      LG webOS TV UH8500
      Software version:  05.30.60.
      As of last evening YouTube has this piece of information at the top of my home page:
      "We'll stop supporting this browser soon.   For best results please update your browser"
      Now what am I supposed to do?
    • By Ha Duy
      I bought a LG TV, it cost, 1000$ but everytime watch Youtube I have to watch advertising, Somebody can help to block it like adblock extension in chrome?
      Please help to advise.