Quantcast

• Own an LG TV or webOS device? Join our Forum!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

OrangeJL

LG UH7700 Video Issue

Question

Hello,

I have an issue with a 2 year old LG UH7700 4K tv. Please note, the TV went to an authorized LG repair  shop provided by LG itself:

Issue: 3/4 of the screen all of the sudden was not working. It went to black opacity and full black.  

This first occurred one morning when I first started tv. Called LG and it was over the warrant by a year so they provided with a certified tv repair technician. They replaced the LED bulbs and tested by keeping it in for 8 hours while viewing it periodically through the day. They had no issues. They came and mounted it on my wall and within a minute the 3/4 black screen occurred again. They brought it back to the shop. Told us it was faulty led lights they received from vendor. They put new ones in again. They tested it out. No luck. The issue occurred at the shop. They replaced the mother board. Same result. Then they replaced the entire unit the LEDs come on and that fixed the problem. The TV ever looked this good when we first got it. I always had to crank backlight to 100. Now backlight is 50 and the picture was better than before. 2 nights later while watching tv, it happened again.  Now, I turned it off and on 3 times and the picture came back. This morning I turned on TV and the issue came back. Anyone else come across this? Attached is an image.

Thanks,

JC

135B417C-C07D-4AC8-A150-EC057D598E05.jpeg

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.