Quantcast

HDMI ARC To Soundbar not working when turning on each morning

Oled55C9 tv and SL9YG soundbar connected via ARC HDMI. Works great. Switch on tv in morning and no tv sound through bar. Have to disconnect all tv/soundbar/btbox from mains elec and restart including BT YouView box startup (takes ages) and sound works ok again.

Changed soundbar and cables, checked all settings on tv. Absolutely delighted with tv and soundbar (when it works)

Any suggestions for a fix?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it may the BT YouView set top box that is the problem, so have decided to switch to latest sky q box.  Also,  If I just switch off the soundbar at the wall and take plug out, the soundbar re boots and works ok, if I leave the tv and bt box switched on.

its very frustrating...

For info after last post. There is nothing else connected to soundbar. Only the tv..

When it displays ARC on the soundbar there is no sound. Scroll through the remote and the tv sound comes on in USB display, Bluetooth display, then get no sound when  HDMI/optical/ARC is displayed. Pull out soundbar plug, it re boots again and works fine.

Similar problem No sound coming from the SoundBar which is connected to ARC. After numerous trials with LG support, even changed the TV, I ascertained the following:

A connected device - Pace HD PVR (set-up-box) causes the arc sound to misbehave and no sound is sent to the SoundBar.

If you disconnect it, the arc and SoundBar work perfectly.

I bought a new ethernet HDMI cable to try and hopefully this will solve the problem.

No seems to understand and know why the Pace HD PVR causes this problem.

Hope this helps.

I have the same issue with Bose 700 soundbar. Everything worked fine until about a week back but now every time I turn  on the TV, there is no output to soundbar via HDMI ARC.

I think a software update recently is probably the root cause of this issue. Can someone from LG acknowledge atleast this is a known issue?

• 1 month later...

Had the same problem with my 55UB8500, fixed it by turning off "Auto Power Sync" in the Simplink menu. Your speaker system won't shut off when you turn off you tv, but it may have an auto shutoff, like my lg surround system does, and when you turn your tv back on it will turn on or wake up your sound system and connect with arc.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Leorge
      LG 42LB700V tv not corresponding to all the commands remote and intergrated.  Also presents a yellow screen every 15 minutes  for a couple of minutes or more.  Cant go into menu for setting controls. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance

• By Ronald
      Hi 
      I just updated to firmware version 06.00.20 on my LG oled C7V and now my sound drops out occasionally.  It's with Netflix which is on the TV and via external receiver. I have a soundbar, so I think it's creating an ARC issue.
      Somebody else having these issues?
      Greetings Ronald

• By Bob22
      Hi anybody know why I have a small black and white box on top right hand side of screen only on channel 5 
    • By News Reporter
      As an organization engaged fully in making a positive impact on society, LG understands its responsibility as a corporate citizen. To make its products and services more accessible to all individuals, LG established an advisory group comprised of experts and persons with disabilities to make LG home appliances accessible to a more diverse audience.

As a key component of its social contribution framework, LG is investing heavily in future generations with programs specifically designed to assist and support tomorrow’s leaders by strengthening their skills and capabilities in the real world. Since 2011, LG has hosted the program to provide youth with disabilities useful IT skills for today’s workforce.

The first GITC to be held entirely online, this year’s new format was designed to enable as many participants as possible from all over the world to participate using whatever connected device they had access to: laptop, PC, smartphone or tablet. In June, nearly 500 participants from 14 countries came together online to participate in the preliminary round, with almost 80 percent returning for the finals in October.

Programming a remote model car to navigate a track for the eCreative challenge
      Attendees competed across four challenges designed to test their computer skills: advanced text and image search (eLifeMap), Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel (eTool), creating and editing videos (eContent) and coding/ programming (eCreative).
      GITC participants at Mongolian University of Science and Technology
      What’s more,  to address the digital information gap in the fourth industrial revolution, LG will host the virtual Innovation & Inclusion Forum in November. Participants will include representatives from and the international NGO who will come together to discuss issues and challenges faced by persons with disabilities in low and middle-income countries in accessing economic opportunities.
      Students from Indonesia participating in the eTool challenge
      By helping youth with disabilities unlock their full potential and develop new skills for today’s workforce, LG is hopeful that GITC participants will feel that they’re a little closer to achieving their life’s dreams
      # # #

link hidden, please login to view
    • By Nimazh
      I was tying to change the settings on our LG TV to enable it for HD channel reception. We found instructions on the net to configure the "area option" in the hidden menu, however, they did not work. So, we thought that we need to change the country group to be able to receive the HD channels. Although we could not change the "country group code" from 20 to an arbitrary number, we change it to 13. After that, we have not been able to change it anymore. It is struck there. I know this is ridiculous, but an LG TV expert who is working in LG customer services told us that I could not change it either and we need to replace the IL.