Quantcast

HDMI ARC To Soundbar not working when turning on each morning

Oled55C9 tv and SL9YG soundbar connected via ARC HDMI. Works great. Switch on tv in morning and no tv sound through bar. Have to disconnect all tv/soundbar/btbox from mains elec and restart including BT YouView box startup (takes ages) and sound works ok again.

Changed soundbar and cables, checked all settings on tv. Absolutely delighted with tv and soundbar (when it works)

Any suggestions for a fix?

I think it may the BT YouView set top box that is the problem, so have decided to switch to latest sky q box.  Also,  If I just switch off the soundbar at the wall and take plug out, the soundbar re boots and works ok, if I leave the tv and bt box switched on.

its very frustrating...

For info after last post. There is nothing else connected to soundbar. Only the tv..

When it displays ARC on the soundbar there is no sound. Scroll through the remote and the tv sound comes on in USB display, Bluetooth display, then get no sound when  HDMI/optical/ARC is displayed. Pull out soundbar plug, it re boots again and works fine.

The same problem with de 55ub850 and the Bose-700 soundbar .

these week every day restart the TV and Bose than its word for that day . the next day the same problemn???

What is the problem here???

Today a reset of my Bose 700 and now NO music on my Surround speakers ????

Edited by Rik Scheltens

Similar problem No sound coming from the SoundBar which is connected to ARC. After numerous trials with LG support, even changed the TV, I ascertained the following:

A connected device - Pace HD PVR (set-up-box) causes the arc sound to misbehave and no sound is sent to the SoundBar.

If you disconnect it, the arc and SoundBar work perfectly.

I bought a new ethernet HDMI cable to try and hopefully this will solve the problem.

No seems to understand and know why the Pace HD PVR causes this problem.

Hope this helps.

I have the same issue with Bose 700 soundbar. Everything worked fine until about a week back but now every time I turn  on the TV, there is no output to soundbar via HDMI ARC.

I think a software update recently is probably the root cause of this issue. Can someone from LG acknowledge atleast this is a known issue?

• 1 month later...

Had the same problem with my 55UB8500, fixed it by turning off "Auto Power Sync" in the Simplink menu. Your speaker system won't shut off when you turn off you tv, but it may have an auto shutoff, like my lg surround system does, and when you turn your tv back on it will turn on or wake up your sound system and connect with arc.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.