Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

Sign in to follow this  
Jeff Tyson

Can't install Emulator v2 or v3 using Component Manager

Question

I have installed the SDK, and I'm trying to install the v2 and v3 emulator using the component manager.  When I click install it says Downloading but is stuck at 0% eventually it errors out saying "Network connectivity issues. Try again after some time.".  I have tried uninstalling and re-installing the SDK, rebooting my computer and using a different network.  Nothing seems to work, it keeps failing to download.

Please help.

--Jeff

2 answers to this question

I found workaround for this issue.  

1. Run componentmanager from webOS_TV_SDK\ComponentManager
  2. Click download for the emulator version which you need. And after "downloading" text will appear cancel it
  3. Go to TV_logs subfolder and find there latest log file. In the end of this file you will find URL like this https://developer.lge.com/resource/tv/RetrieveToolDownloadUrl.dev?fileId=RF00013183 (may be it different for different OSes)
  4. Now open url in this browser and you will see there something like this 
    {"fileId":"RF00013183","gftsUrl":"https://gfts.lge.com/fts/gftsFilePathDownload.lge?key=dlRF00013183&hash=63VaDyhP7SS5WkQP&mtime=1553668504000"}
  5. Copy generated URL and download emulator zip file
  6. Unzip downloaded file to webOS_TV_SDK\Emulator directory
  7. Now you can create shortcut for the new emulator. Just copy and modify shortcut for v.4.0.0 created by installer. Don't forget to modify working directory too.  Right machine id you can find in LG_webOS_TV_Emulator.bat
  8. If you installing web os SDK first time  you need to register emulator using vm_register.bat
  9. That's all folks! (c)