Quantcast

Can't install Emulator v2 or v3 using Component Manager

Jeff Tyson

Question

I have installed the SDK, and I'm trying to install the v2 and v3 emulator using the component manager.  When I click install it says Downloading but is stuck at 0% eventually it errors out saying "Network connectivity issues. Try again after some time.".  I have tried uninstalling and re-installing the SDK, rebooting my computer and using a different network.  Nothing seems to work, it keeps failing to download.

Please help.

--Jeff

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

I found workaround for this issue.  

1. Run componentmanager from webOS_TV_SDK\ComponentManager
  2. Click download for the emulator version which you need. And after "downloading" text will appear cancel it
  3. Go to TV_logs subfolder and find there latest log file. In the end of this file you will find URL like this 
    link hidden, please login to view
     (may be it different for different OSes)
  4. Now open url in this browser and you will see there something like this 
    {"fileId":"RF00013183","gftsUrl":"https://gfts.lge.com/fts/gftsFilePathDownload.lge?key=dlRF00013183&hash=63VaDyhP7SS5WkQP&mtime=1553668504000"}
  5. Copy generated URL and download emulator zip file
  6. Unzip downloaded file to webOS_TV_SDK\Emulator directory
  7. Now you can create shortcut for the new emulator. Just copy and modify shortcut for v.4.0.0 created by installer. Don't forget to modify working directory too.  Right machine id you can find in LG_webOS_TV_Emulator.bat
  8. If you installing web os SDK first time  you need to register emulator using vm_register.bat
  9. That's all folks! (c)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Costin Angelescu
      Good afternoon,
      I have a 49UB850V-ZD smart TV and has the issues below. Can't understand if its a software issue or components issues:
      1. Can't reset using meniu. I can access the meniu, I inserted pin 0000 and if I try to click Confirm it just flashes the button with no success. If I click Cancel then the meniu closes
      2. The Live TV channels are not working. There is no issue with the provider. It just not plays any channel
      3. If I connect the usb or hard-disk driver to play some movies I can navigate thru folder but I can t play any
      4. When I connect to Netflix or youtube I can navigate but if i try to play it does not load.
      5. The remote TV does not work anymore -> Only the Power Off/On button
      6. I have a magic remote TV for LG and works to navigate with the indicator
      7. The button of the TV (under the TV led) works only to open the TV -> the menu does not work anymore
      8. In the advanced menu, the Channel settings is not active among other options that are disabled. 
      9. When I try to access the LG STORE it says: loading unsuccessful (82) because the hour of the TV is not the correct one. I tryed to change time to something different and also changed location and removed the location. This change did not had any effect 
      What do you think? What do I need to do?

• By News Reporter
      Company Discusses Latest Developments in Advanced Driver Assistance Systems
      and Autonomous Vehicle Technologies at Global Conference in Belgium

SEOUL, Sep. 16, 2022 — LG Electronics (LG), a leader in the automotive components space, shared insights from its cutting-edge R&D work and introduced its latest in-vehicle solution at AutoSens Brussels this week. A global conference concerning Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) and Autonomous Vehicle (AV) technologies, AutoSens Brussels is held annually at the renowned Autoworld museum in the Belgian capital. 2022 marks the second year in a row that LG has been invited to present at the event.
      Continuing LG’s run of success, the company has been honored this year for its achievements in the Most Innovative In-Cabin Perception Application and Most Innovative Application or Deployment of Computer Vision categories. At last year’s AutoSens Awards, LG was recognized with the Gold award in the Hardware Development of the Year category.
      AutoSens Brussels is one of three major conferences organized by AutoSens, an international community of academics, engineers, scientists and auto-industry professionals formed in 2015 with a view to shaping the future of vehicle perception technologies. Moved to an online-only format due to the pandemic, the 2021 event saw LG and Mercedes-Benz jointly present their successful collaboration in ADAS camera technology.
      At this year’s conference – back at Autoworld, and returning to in-person attendance – LG introduced its latest cabin camera solutions and shared learnings from its prominent R&D program. During an informative panel discussion, Dr. Park Young-kyung, a Vision AI expert at LG, spoke about the company’s innovative cameras for vehicles; offering his insight on topics ranging from LG’s auto component product portfolio to its ongoing R&D work. To secure key technologies for the future, the company is applying advanced AI solutions to the cabin cameras that monitor inside the vehicle, responding to strengthened vehicle safety regulations and new demand for passenger convenience at the same time.
      LG’s cabin camera solutions have been successfully applied for both driver and passenger monitoring. And during his speech, Dr. Park shared the process of developing these integrated monitoring solutions, from the invention of new algorithms to the latest verification systems and camera management software that ensure its cameras are on the cutting edge of technology.
      “Continuous R&D is the key to LG’s ongoing success in the rapidly growing AV and ADAS solutions markets,” said Eun Seok-hyun, the president of LG Vehicle component Solutions (VS) Company. “We are honored to have been asked to present at AutoSens again this year and will continue to offer our insight and support to industry bodies and expert communities who share our vision of future mobility.”
      # # #

link hidden, please login to view
    • By John Bizeray
      I recently updated the firmware on my  LG43UH610V.  Now I constantly get "Wired Lan cable disconnected" / "Wired network is connected" messages even while watching a video file from my NAS. The TV is connected and using the network while getting these messages. It has always been on a fixed IP address on the LAN.
    • By Alex
      webOS TV SDK V1.2.0 Download Installer

Download the proper installer. With the installer, you can choose whether to install with network installer or SDK package. Available packages:

Windows 32-bit Installer_win32.zip (8.13M) Windows 64-bit Installer_win64.zip (7.52M) MacOS 64-bit Installer_maxosx.zip (7.38M) Linux 32-bit Installer_linux32.zip (7.94M) Linux 64-bit Installer_linux64.zip (7.59M)   SDK Package

Download the proper SDK package. To use network installer, you don't need to download the SDK package. Available packages:

Windows 32-bit webOS_SDK_win32.zip (1462.29M) Windows 64-bit webOS_SDK_win64.zip (1466.67M) MacOS 64-bit webOS_SDK_mac64.zip (1451.31M) Linux 32-bit webOS_SDK_linux32.zip (1463.35M) Linux 64-bit webOS_SDK_linux64.zip (1462.28M)  
      Please visit the LG site for complete link hidden, please login to view.

See the for step-by-step instructions.
    • By News Reporter
      Times Square, New York City
      Since first taking the initiative of promoting Busan, Korea’s beautiful port city, as the perfect host for World Expo 2030 early this year, LG Electronics has carried out various promotional events worldwide by leveraging its global network of 140 subsidiaries. Busan officially submitted its intentions to host World Expo 2030 last year, based on its theme: “Transforming Our World, Navigating Towards a Better Future,” which calls for a peaceful, sustainable future for all by talking about people, prosperity and the planet.
      Piccadilly Circus, London
      Back in February, LG declared its support for Busan with its
      link hidden, please login to view airing impactful promotional videos on its famous outdoor displays in New York’s Times Square, London’s Piccadilly Circus and other high-traffic locations around the world, each one showing why Busan should be the World Expo’s next destination. LG is executing the next phase of the campaign by introducing a new series of inspirational films at multiple locations, as the company strives to share the wonders of Busan to a truly global audience. Evian Resort Golf Club, France
      To ensure the campaign is a success, CEO William Cho now oversees a group-wide task force set up to champion the vibrant port city’s bid. Additionally, in July at The Amundi Evian Championship in France, LG endorsed Busan’s World Expo bid in front of the eyes of golf fans from all over the world by screening its promotional video, ‘The One and Only Busan,’ on a giant billboard beside the course’s clubhouse. Raising awareness of Busan’s bid in France was especially important as this is where the General Assembly of the , the body that ultimately decides the location of World Expo 2030, will host its announcement event at the end of next year.

IFA 2022, Berlin, Germany
      Moreover, like it has done at multiple prominent locations so far this year, LG recently installed over 160 banners at the entrance of ‘Messe Berlin’ during IFA 2022, Europe’s largest consumer electronics show which was held from September 2 to 6, to make its visitors from around the world aware of Busan’s promising bid.

(From left to right) Heaven Lee, LG Electronics’ European representative, Franziska Giffey, mayor of Berlin, Kim Hyung-soo, president of LG Electronics Europe Region and Lee Jeong-seok, head of LG Electronics’ Global Marketing Center.
      LG will proudly continue to support Busan’s bid to host World Expo 2030 by leveraging its sprawling global network. Stay tuned for more impactful LG promotional campaigns for Busan!
      # # #