I use BT Headphone with LG OLED C1 TV Webos 6. It would be nice if I could also see its battery level next to volume level on the screen
By Max Overpower
When playing files using the built-in media player on the LG C1, webOS 6, the support for AV1 and any kind of 7.1 audio is really lackluster:
In particular, when playing AV1 videos encoded using aomenc (the official AOM encoder) with the setting --enable-keyframe-filtering=2, there is a 10-15 second video freeze when starting playback and when seeking. The audio plays immediately from the moment where the video will eventually un-freeze and sync up. This encoder settings does universally mess with seeking, to some extent, particularly limiting seeking to each keyframe/GOP, but to mess up playback THAT much is not seen in any other mobile, desktop, or TV media player. This seriously needs fixing.
And another similarly atrocious flaw of the player, is that files with 7.1 audio do not play at all. I do not have a surround system, but it is expected that surround audio files are downmixed to your current audio setup, which does happen with 5.1 audio, but for whatever reason, if there is any 7.1 track in the file - it simply will not play. Which, again, is a behavior I have not seen on any other TV media player.
Lastly, PGS subtitle format is not supported by the media player, and such subtitles will not show up in the list. Which again just seems like laziness, though it's not as major of an issue.
For a +1000$ TV, the subtitles system for the media player is not okay.
1) The subtitles delay can only go in – time. No + (later). So if the subtitles come too early, you cannot improve it. It should be possible to control by 50ms or at least 100ms instead of only half seconds.
2) The font is just bad. Not super legible, with inconsistent spacing (the space between letters is sometimes big, sometimes small), and a pretty bad design overall. Offer more fonts to choose, like other brands do.
3) The smallest size possible is still relatively big. Why not give more control options? Maybe selecting the exact size by increments of 2 points instead of 6-7 options.
4) It should be possible to decide if subtitles have an outline or not, or shadow, just overall more control depending on personal taste and the film one watches. Just color is simply amateurish for this price.
5) Offer more options to place to font even lower on the screen. I've seen others request this.
Please LG, improve this in a firmware upgrade. Currently subtitles ruin my film experience. Thanks in advance.
Urgent BUG on OLED48A1PTA: Please add an option in "media player" (for NAS shared media) to avoid generating previews which takes foreverBy Xuancong Wang
I have two LG TVs, 65SM8600PTA and OLED48A1PTA respectively. Both are connected to the same NAS router via LAN cable. Both can enter the NAS folder containing my Chinese drama series collection.
65SM8600PTA can play everything smoothly. OLED48A1PTA always stucks at loading the drama series folder (which contains ~60 video files, each video is in the size range 400MB-2GB) for very long time, >3 minutes. Upon clicking into the last layer folder, the spinner spins for very long time while attempting to regenerate previews for this and parent folders. So if there is an option to skip generating video/image previews, then listing folder content can complete much faster, and then that will solve the problem.
I would like request this additional option for OLED48A1PTA to skip generating preview so that NAS video list can show up quickly.
OLED48A1PTA is bought from Shopee recently under 15-day-free-return policy, if you can push an update before 2022-02-10 that solves this problem, I will accept the product. Otherwise I will raise a return-and-refund request because the OLED screen also has vertical strip issue when displaying grey background.
Thanks for your notification!