Quantcast

Screencast and Windows 10: Solution!

Hi everyone so I searched high and low for a solution to my issue with Windows 10 and Screen Cast on my LG UK6300PUE not working and finally found a solution.

For me, it had to do with my PC and TV connections. I like to hard wire everything and with both my PC and TV, they default to the more reliable, wired connection and disconnect the WiFi.

Well from what I understand, Screen Cast is based off of Intel's WiDi technology, WHICH REQUIRES WIFI CONNECTIONS TO WORK!

I did go through all the other suggestions, checking share settings in Windows and Media Player, resetting this and that. I'm not sure if I had to do any of that for Screen Cast to work but I did try all those common suggestion initially. So if Screen Cast is  still not working for you, try those other suggestions posted in numerous places here and other forums.

I'm really surprised on all the forums I visited, this wasn't pointed out anywhere! I hope this helps those having issues with Screen Cast!

TL; DR: So basically on a WIRED connection, I could see my TV on my Windows 10 PC, but it would not connect. As soon as I connected BOTH my PC AND TV to WiFi, Screen Cast began to work.

My current LG UK6300PUE Software Version: 04.10.04

Windows 10 64-bit Build: Version 1803, OS Build 17134.34

• 2 years later...

Thank you very much! It worked. I had the wireless screen sharing from Windows 10 to LG OLED display working very reliably. At some point of time it stopped working. I do not know what caused this - might be several things: I upgrades FW from 5.0.0 to 5.0.3, probably some Windows updates as well. 

I was able to connect as Other device but not as wireless display. I had to enable Wifi on TV - don't know how it got displayed - and it worked reliably again. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Marko00
      I've bought OLED55CX3LA and have screenshare errors ever since. 
      I'm using Dell machine with Windows 10 onboard.
      Almost every time I try to connect using "connect with remote screen" windows option, I get the pop up that
      only with cancel button.

Sometimes there is approval button but mostly I have only "cancel" option. 
      Have this error on OLED55CX3LA and one older model. Same behavior. 

Mobile screen sharing working perfectly fine.

How to fix it?
      I've cleared the connection history but without any success.
      Not sure if I should put it on warranty or if there is some simple fix?

• By News Reporter
      LG’s Innovative In-Vehicle Infotainment Capabilities Combine With Magna’s Cutting-
      Edge ADAS and AD Technologies in Companies’ Latest Collaboration

SEOUL, Jan. 4, 2023 — LG Electronics (LG) will hold a private demonstration for major automakers at CES 2024, introducing a new cross domain platform integrating Advanced Driver Assistance System (ADAS), Automated Driving (AD) and In-Vehicle Infotainment (IVI) technologies. Developed by LG in collaboration with Magna, a global mobility tech company, the game-changing future mobility platform is expected to arrive on the market in the near future.
      Initiated in 2023, the collaboration leverages the combined technological prowess of LG and Magna, to help deliver differentiated user experiences in the vehicle cabin. The two companies have successfully integrated a cross domain cockpit computing system into a single System on Chip (SoC) representing a flexible and cost-effective solution for OEMs.
      The single electronic module supports multiple IVI systems and ADAS/AD domain integration, and can efficiently handle various Automotive Safety Integrity Level (ASIL) requirements while using fewer electronic control units and taking up less packaging space. This scalable solution is ideal for the coming transition towards the Software-Defined Vehicle (SDV) and for the consolidation of its electrical/electronic architecture. The integration of functionalities into a single module enables the real-time sharing of rich data across domains.
      Via a dedicated Human Machine Interface (HMI), LG’s platform can provide drivers and passengers with compelling, new experiences – and more intuitive interactions – when using advanced automotive displays, digital clusters, Augmented Reality-Head Up Displays (AR-HUD) and visualization software. Additionally, the solution can be customized to meet any OEM’s integrated communications and IVI system needs. 2027 model year vehicles are expected to be the first to benefit from this advanced technology.
      “We are extremely pleased with the progress we have made on this future mobility technology,” said Eun Seok-hyun, president of LG Vehicle component Solutions Company. “LG and Magna’s joint efforts will help push the industry forward, facilitating the rapid adoption of crucial technologies that elevate driving safety and the on-road experience.”
      Another successful collaboration between the two companies, LG Magna e-Powertrain unites Magna’s expertise in electric powertrain systems with LG’s capabilities in component development for e-motors, inverters and on-board chargers. Announced in 2021, the joint venture, which encompasses engineering, design and manufacturing, enables LG and Magna to proactively respond to market trends and deliver innovative solutions to fulfill customers’ evolving needs.
      # # #

link hidden, please login to view
    • By Bob17821
      The Wi-Fi module in my LG TV, roughly 5 or six years old, (WebOS UJ6300) is apparently broken.  I am looking for a solution cheaper and maybe more interesting than having the TV repaired.  There are devices which will pick up Wi-Fi, convert it to ethernet, and deliver it to the male  part of an ethernet port.  In the past I have used such a device to provide Wi-Fi support to a desktop computer which did not have Wi-Fi support but did have an ethernet port.  I forget the particulars, but it did work just fine. But a smart TV with Web 0S is not a desktop or laptop computer.  My concern is how to provide the SSID and password to the device.  My vague recollection is that such a device in a laptop or desktop computer can trigger a dialogue which requests the SSID and password.  But will web OS provide such a dialogue?  If I recall correctly, wired ethernet connections do not require SSIDs or passwords.

Thanks,  Bob
    • By bogeyman62
      Has anyone been able to run Screen Share from a Windows 10 PC? Mine will not connect to the LG TV.
    • By News Reporter
      Portable, Durable and Conveniently Adjustable, the Unique LG StanbyME Go
      Presents a Refreshingly New User Experience

SEOUL, Aug. 25, 2023 — LG Electronics (LG) announces the global rollout of its latest Lifestyle Screen, the unique LG StanbyME Go (model 27LX5). The innovative new model boasts a 27-inch touch display and a 20W four-channel speaker system cleverly integrated into a stylish and sturdy carrying case. Building on the portability and versatility of the original StanbyME, the 27LX5 lets users enjoy memorable entertainment experiences wherever they go.
      Perfect for watching movies, playing games and more, the StanbyME Go can be used indoors or out; its carrying case and built-in battery enabling take-anywhere convenience, superior screen protection and up to 3 hours of use without connection to an external power outlet. In addition to the new Lifestyle Screen’s large display and robust speakers, the case includes safe storage for the product’s streamlined remote control and power cable.
      StanbyME Go complements its portability with versatile adjustability that supports a range of different uses and personal preferences. Users can tilt the screen to achieve the best viewing angle, rotate it 90 degrees from landscape to portrait and back, adjust its height by up to 18 centimeters or put it in Table mode. When set to Table mode, the StanbyME Go’s screen lies flat in the lower part of the case, allowing users to play digital board games including chess and ‘Hidden Catch,’ or switch on the virtual record player for a fun, nostalgic listening experience. Conveniently, LG’s Lifestyle Screen automatically turns on when its case is opened and turns off when it is closed.
      The StanbyME Go also offers proven durability, as evidenced by its successful completion of 11 tests compliant with the U.S. military’s rigorous MIL-STD-810G standard. The tests demonstrate that the 27LX5 can handle a wide variety of environmental factors, including low pressure, high temperature, low temperature, dust and salt spray, and provides protection against accidental drops, vibration and shock.
      For maximum viewing immersion, the built-in speakers of StanbyME Go automatically optimize audio output to the front of the screen. Viewing experiences are further enhanced through support for Dolby’s advanced video and sound technologies, Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos.
      Equipped with LG’s proprietary webOS smart TV platform, StanbyME Go lets users effortlessly connect to their iOS or Android devices. Moreover, voice recognition makes it possible to do app launching, adjust sound and search for contents completely hands-free – an especially helpful feature for those who like to cook, clean or take on other tasks or activities while they watch.
      LG’s Lifestyle Screen products are revolutionizing the user and viewing experience, presenting new ways to enjoy content and new lifestyle value for today’s consumers. LG StanbyME Go is set to launch globally, starting in the U.S. this month, with plans for global rollout to key markets in Europe including Italy, France, UK, Spain and Germany from next month.
      LG will be showcasing its latest lifestyle TVs, including StanbyME, StanbyME Go, along with the LG OLED Objet Collection Posé, at its exhibition booth (Hall 18, Messe Berlin) at IFA 2023 in Berlin, Germany, from September 1-5.
      # # #

link hidden, please login to view