Quantcast

Shortcut to turn off screen

ZekeMwolf

I'd like a fast accessible shortcut to turn off the screen, eg. when pressing settings, a button on the screen.

Or even better, the possibility to configure the speaker off button on the remote to turn off the screen instead.

It should work independently of the energy saving feature, so that energy saving is not set to off when the screen is turned on again.

The existing procedure to turn off screen is to complex

press settings, press all settings, press energy saving, press off.....

and when the screen is turned on again, the energy saving is set to off, and not to the previous value (eg. auto).

OLED65C7V-Z

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
3 hours ago, nicolas said:

How do you do that. My tv (55b7) just search for "screen off" on youtube and the web...

Thanks

I am using the C9 but I don't see why it shouldn't work on the B7.. originally I held the voice command button and said "turn off the screen",  which worked, and then I realized I could also just tell it "screen off", try some variations if you haven't already

• 11 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I'd like to have a one button solution to that. Make the Quick Access buttons available for that. Now I'm listening to music channels and whenever i don't like a song and change the channel screen pops back on and It takes a few seconds to talk to the assistant and wait for it to acknowledge the command. Very inefficient. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By ashok R
      TV model: 49 UH770T 
      I used 6000 hours. All four corners start to have struck pixels, this is very disappointing us after spending INR 1,00,000. I am sure this should have been tested products for such high value. How would I customer will recommend LG Smart TV for family and friends if the product manufacturing is not worth the money spent on?
      regards,
      Ashok R 
    • By Dhineshwar
      MX player and jio cinema are commonly used Android apps which offers many free to watch movies. It would be great if that two added in the lg store. Hope it'll be added soon
    • By Vincent Valot
      Hello,
      We are a company developing streaming apps for our customers. As-to enhance developer / tester / any other teams experience into LG universe, and be able to quickly test any environments we have (dev / staging / production), we'd like to be able to install apps that aren't removed after Developer Mode expires, or aren't visible/listed to the public store.
      We looked upon the idea to extend Developer Mode session with a Crontab with specific accounts for each TV, but some TVs are stopping the Developer Mode when being powered down, so it doesn't seem the most industrialised idea.
      Let me know what we can do to answer that issue !
      Thanks !
    • By Nathan Azzi
      hello, 

Got a new 86nano75SQA

google assistance BUILT in works fine - and if i ask it to play a video it does.

But external google assistance on my google devices, only turns the TV on and off, and opens apps..

I cant for instance say "Play big bang theory on LG TV"

Or it says "I also need to know which device to use. try saying that again, and include the device's name"

Can anyone do this? is it it expected it works? works fine with the built in assistant, but not external ones

• By oscarsaravia
      Hi, I want to know how can I close completely an smart tv app when the user open another app and the main app is in background (suspended mode).
      I was trying using the getLifeStatus API but I had no success.
      Thanks.