Quantcast

Coax port on 50GA6400 and other Google TV's disabled in final firmware download

andyK

Question

Still waiting for someone in LG support to come up with a fix for the diabled COAX port on all the Google TV's that were disabled in the final

firmware release resulting in the inability to use that hardware for Over the Air reception of free HD channels. Was planning on cutting the cord with

my cable provider and its like sombody came along and as a final farewell cut of one of my arms or legs!

Very irresponsible of LG and GOOGLE!!!!!

• Answers 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Rob E
      Hi,
      I recently bought myself a LG OLED42C24LA. I’m very happy with it apart from one issue I have noticed. 
      When watching hd channels using the built in antenna tuner the sound repeatedly cuts out just for a mili second each time. This is usually when there is a lot of background sound and lots of movement in the picture or if its moving from from one cut to the next. So things like an action sequence.
      This does not happen if I’m watching the same program on sd on the built in tuner or in hd on a set top box or on iPlayer. Otherwise the picture and sound are great. This makes me think its something to do with the tv and the inbuilt tuner. 
      The tv is reporting the signal strength as 95% and signal quality at 100%. 
      My intention was that this tv could replace the set top box I’m paying talk talk for.  I’m hoping this group may have seen this before or have some suggestions on how to resolve this. I did search the forum for similar questions but didn’t see anything I could use.
      I’d  really appreciate any help you can give me.
    • By Alexander Baumann
      Hello everyone,
      my TV did an upgrade from 06.10.01 to 06.10.30. Is there a way to get the old firmware file and make a downgrade? If so, where can I find the file?
      Thanks,
      Alex

• By majorusa
      Please post here firmware number for your WebOS set including your country or the country where you downloaded the firmware and the model of your tv set:
      - 3.23.24 - Romania- 47LB730v
      - 3.23.34 - Romania -47LB730v - 21.08.2014 by USB
      - 4.30.09 - Romania - 47LB730v - 29.08.2014 - OTA
    • By alpvir
      I have completed my first TV app. It does its job very well: display on the TV, in REAL TIME, the GPS track of my excursions in the mountains. From home my family can therefore follow me, for my safety since I almost always go alone in the mountains.
      The next step would be to switch from the "developer" mode (the current one) to a "production" one.
      But I think that the LG store does not accept this app because it is too personal: it is not a video game with 10000 downloads!
      Furthermore, they could object to privacy issues.
      So how to make this app "definitive" (installed on 2 or 3 TVs at the most) without having to renew the extension of the developer mode every 40/50 hours ?
      Is there no other way than going through the LG market?
      Thanks for your attention
    • By Cedric
      Hello,
      My TV (49SM8100) is asking for firmware upgrade, but I would like to have to positive returns before upgrading it.
      Did any of you upgraded it without problem ?

Thanks
      Ced

PS : I still can remember two upgrades ago, when the new firmware broke the Quick access key...  I also have see two users with two different TV models which have been bricked after the update.