Quantcast

Mvix Releases webOS App for LG SoC Signage Screens

STERLING, Va., January 4, 2018 (Newswire.com) - 

link hidden, please login to view
, a leading provider of content-rich digital signage software and solutions, announced the expansion of their device-agnostic platform to include support for LG SoC signage screens.

"We couldn't be more excited to announce the release of Mvix for LG webOS," said A. Jay, the Mvix Senior Director of Business Relations."We're big on shifting focus to choice of CMS, support structure, and business model, and LG's SoC displays empower us to do just that."

The device-agnostic platform, called , also includes support for Chrome OS and Android.

Mvix Flex gives customers the same Mvix experience on commercial LG SoC displays without the need for an external media player. Customers get the full Mvix experience, in addition to:

• live video playback, including HDCP encrypted content - any HDMI Input video that is encoded using HDCP, including live TV, will be supported and displayed on the screens
  • remote volume control
  • remote control of the signage screens - by default, screens are set to display content 24/7, but Mvix for LG webOS allows you to remotely turn the screens on and off. This is a feature that's available on Mvix signage players () that has been extended to webOS
  • support for RTSP (rtsp://), popular in AV for live streaming

These features, unique to Mvix for LG webOS, allow the company to deliver a powerful, reliable and secure platform for the signage market. Customers also get a simplified installation and a low total cost of ownership. Such a solution will:

• reduce maintenance costs
  • minimize points of failure
  • save physical space
  • reduce energy consumption

Mvix also released a second webOS solution called . Ideal for building directories and menu boards, this solution puts the content creation software  on LG displays. The software includes 1000s of templates which can be edited, customized and published remotely. The simple content creation suite includes animations, slideshows, overlapping layers and scrolling text.

"Just like with Mvix for Chrome OS, Mvix for LG webOS allows us to expand our ecosystem into international markets," added A. Jay. "LG SoC displays are readily available in Europe and Asia, eliminating the need for shipping and customs. Getting up and running is as easy as downloading the Mvix app and signing in with existing account credentials."

Mvix is offering an introductory 90-day free trial of Mvix for LG webOS.

To sign up, visit  or contact Mvix at [email protected].

About Mvix

At Mvix, our love for technology drives who we are and what we do. For over a decade, we have been a leading provider of content-rich digital signage software and solutions that connect brands with people.

To date, our platform powers over 50,000 active screens for clients including Virginia Tech, NASA, Sodexo, Discovery Channel, TravelCenters of America, and the University of Washington in a variety of applications that include employee communication, wayfinding, emergency messaging, and customer communications.

Learn more about Mvix at , or give us a call at 703.382.1739.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.