Quantcast

LG 4K UHD HU80KA Projector With HDR Support

Alex

LG 4k Projector.JPG

LG has unveiled a new model in its projector lineup ahead of CES 2018. The LG 4K UHD projector with model number HU80KA is the first such device by the company in the segment but is unlike most of its competitors. The South Korean company claims that the new projector is almost half the size of its 4K rivals in the market, and is able to project a 150-inch display apart from supporting HDR video. While most 4K projectors currently in the market are heavy and expensive, LG has pitched the 4K UHD projector as an "affordable yet premium device".

In the new 4K UHD projector, LG claims the brightness reaches up to at 2,500 lumens that makes it the brightest projector from the company until now. Apart from the 4K resolution, LG provides HDR video support with HDR10. LG says the HU80KA projector will work well regardless of where and how you put it in the room. The projector's portability and upright design have been attributed to the mirrorless L-shaped engine which allows the projector to be positioned on the floor, mounted to the wall, or hung from the ceiling.

The LG HU80KA projector can play media via a USB drive, that also enables users to connect an external keyboard and mouse. When it comes to sound, LG has placed two 7-watt speakers in the projector but it can be connected to external speakers or soundbars. Other audio output options include optical, HDMI, and Bluetooth.

The LG 4K UHD projector runs webOS which means that most of the big streaming apps will be integrated out of the box. LG has not revealed the price and availability details regarding the HU80KA projector as of now. LG will put the whole 2018 projector series on display at the Consumer Electronics Show to be held in Las Vegas. LG will also showcase the latest version of its portable MiniBeam Projector (model PF50K), featuring webOS 3.5 and Full HD resolution.

Source: 

link hidden, please login to view

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By imadous
      Hi everyone, 
      I wish LG would consider updating their Codecs list or at least give us a way of installing this codecs in our TV manually. i know my TV is capable of playing a lot of stuff but i'm always stuck with "not supported" for most of the media i have. 
      One of the most wished stuff i'd love to see is 
      Added support for H.264 10bit (still very popular and used a lot) 
      as well as Opus codecs (its a Free codec and its getting a lot use recently especially with H.265 MKV videos) 
      Like i said, please add this codecs and more or at least give us a way of doing it ourselves. i know there might be legal issues and some codecs are payed, so just let us install it ourselves instead. 
      Thanks. 

• By Xuancong Wang
      Dear LG TV developers,
      I am glad to see that LG Smart TV has a built-in web browser and LG API supports "openBrowserAt" so that my smart home controller can open a web page on the TV. However, nowadays, we also have ms-teams online meeting that is accessible through web browser which the LG TV supports. However, this requires the browser to have a microphone to record audio and to have a webcam for video recording. Also, certain smart-home systems also need built-in microphone to record voice commands so that no additional standalone unit is required next to the TV.
      Unfortunately, LG Smart TV (I have OLED48A1PTA) does not have microphone neither does it support USB mic/webcam. So I am writing this post to suggest that future middle/higher-end LG Smart TV can be equipped with these. Moreover, it might be possible for TV firmware update to add the support of USB webcam/microphone so that they can be used in web browsers for web-based online meeting.
      Thank you very much for your consideration!
      Best regards,
      Xuancong
    • By Youyou06
      Hello,
      Could you add support  of WiiM Amp for universal remote in WebOS TV

link hidden, please login to view Thanks
    • By cradge
      LG WebOS should be able to play mkv files with TrueHD audio codec format
    • By News Reporter
      Boasting Premium Picture Quality With Outstanding Color and Contrast,
      LG CineBeam Qube 4K Transforms Almost Any Indoor Spaces Into Cinemas

SEOUL, Dec. 29, 2023 — LG Electronics (LG) is introducing its latest lifestyle projector, the unique LG CineBeam Qube (model HU710PB). The new 4K model can quickly transform an indoor space into a movie theater and features a compact and light design with a convenient 360-degree rotatable handle. LG’s projection solution also serves as a stylish interior accessory, its eye-catching minimalist aesthetic adding a touch of modern sophistication to the room.
      Although one of the smallest projectors available, LG CineBeam Qube is a powerful performer, capable of projecting 4K UHD (3,840 x 2,160) resolution images measuring up to 120 inches. Equipped with an RGB laser light source and LG’s cutting-edge image refining technologies, the new model delivers exceptionally clear, sharp pictures boasting a 450,000:1 contrast ratio and 154 percent coverage of the DCI-P3 color gamut.
      The color accuracy of the CineBeam Qube means movies and other content are displayed just as their creators intended, with rich colors and deep blacks that add depth and vibrancy to every scene. Additionally, LG’s premium 4K projector comes with Auto Screen Adjustment, which has an auto-focus feature that automatically optimizes image placement and size for a superb viewing experience, every time.
      Running on the LG webOS 6.0, the CineBeam Qube provides intuitive control and easy access to a diverse selection of streaming services, such as Netflix, Disney+, Prime Video and YouTube.* When not in use for content consumption, users can turn on the projector’s image-mapping function and enjoy captivating digital images that enhance the ambiance of their space.
      “Great for spaces large and small, LG CineBeam Qube is a unique lifestyle projector possessing all the qualities consumers look for when choosing a new projection solution,” said YS Lee, vice president and head of the IT business unit of LG Electronics Business Solutions Company. “LG’s upgraded projector lineup offers a range of lifestyle-enriching devices that present outstanding spatial integration and versatility as well as immersive, cinematic viewing experiences.”
      Visitors can experience LG CineBeam Qube alongside the company’s latest innovations at its CES booth (#16008, Las Vegas Convention Center) from January 9-12.
      Specifications:
      LG CineBeam Qube (HU710PB) Resolution UHD (3,840 x 2,160) Brightness 500 ANSI Lumens Contrast Ratio 450,000:1 Size (W x D x H) 80 x 135 x 135 mm Weight 1.49 kg Light Source Laser (RGB) Projection Lens Screen Size 50 – 120 inches Throw Ratio (Min.) 1.2 HDR HDR 10 Keystone Auto Screen Adjustment Wireless Android / iOS Inputs HDMI with eARC / USB Type C # # #
      * Many streaming apps available on webOS require a paid subscription. Support for specific streaming apps may vary by country.

link hidden, please login to view