Quantcast

remote control disabled, most of function in setting menu gereyed out.by using smartify LGremote app

Amin Azmoodeh

Question

DB2EAA6D-5B50-4B87-A461-8694C67D96A2.thumb.jpeg.fe1e9f4dff3f52e1dd75c20eccfb3e50.jpegHello everyone  ,

TV model :55EG9200

webOS  2.2.1 -1338 ( beehive-biscayne )

My original remote control doesn’t work and only able to turn it on/off also initial setting greyed out account management gereyed out non of remote app on phone can be pair 

I’m really disappointed 

can you help me and get it touch,,,and the picture below shows my tv’s publis display setting is enable( ON )

After a day , I have been in my friend and I noticed he is using almost the same TV as me ! I downloaded smartify LG remote back ! I checked if this menu be On ( Enable ) as shown in the picture ( public display setting ) everything will be same as my TV .E55428A7-85C2-4B66-A7DA-66BC9B32A232.thumb.jpeg.00f9a3555bd99e038b7ac0035cc5872e.jpegthank you for supporting in advance 

2 answers to this question

On 27/11/2017 at 10:55 AM, Amin Azmoodeh said:

DB2EAA6D-5B50-4B87-A461-8694C67D96A2.thumb.jpeg.fe1e9f4dff3f52e1dd75c20eccfb3e50.jpegHello everyone  ,

TV model :55EG9200

webOS  2.2.1 -1338 ( beehive-biscayne )

My original remote control doesn’t work and only able to turn it on/off also initial setting greyed out account management gereyed out non of remote app on phone can be pair 

I’m really disappointed 

can you help me and get it touch,,,and the picture below shows my tv’s publis display setting is enable( ON )

After a day , I have been in my friend and I noticed he is using almost the same TV as me ! I downloaded smartify LG remote back ! I checked if this menu be On ( Enable ) as shown in the picture ( public display setting ) everything will be same as my TV .E55428A7-85C2-4B66-A7DA-66BC9B32A232.thumb.jpeg.00f9a3555bd99e038b7ac0035cc5872e.jpegthank you for supporting in advance 

Have a look at this video:

Towards the start of the video he mentions a couple of remote control/TV reset button combinations you can try.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Robert Viola
      Hello LG tv owners. Just got a 2024 LG UHD 50" tv. Model # 50UT7570PUB. The remote supplied with the tv isn't as good as my other LG tv Magic remote. Does anyone know which model Magic remote will operate my new tv correctly? Thanx.
    • By JaGatorEd
      I purchased MR23GN and while most of the functions seem to work ok, the message of "Remote not supported by this TV" keeps popping up.
    • By matesz
      Hi
      I have LG C3 connected to yamaha A-S501 via optical cable.

When i pair the devices with universal control both power and volume features works as intended.
      After pairing i cannot turn on or off connected device, but volume works.

It's like option to send power signal via IR is turned off and i cannot find option in settings to change it.

Please help, i just replaced AMP explicitly to have this feature
    • By matesz
      Hi
      I currently have CA DacMagic 100 connected via optical + CA A1 AMP, this is quite cumbersome and doesn't work with universal control.
      I know that i will have to buy some hardware to have proper universal control, however i can't find any reliable information on which amp does support it and which doesn't. 

It would be great if list of supported devices would be available.
      If not then recomendation for AMPs that works well with optical + simple DALI oberon stereo satellite setup is also solution.

PS1. Sorry if this duplicate but i couldn't find anything meaningful after few days of googling.
      PS2. I've heard that Denon AVR-X3600H works but this is massive overkill for what i need (i don't indend to go beyond stereo, not even 2+1).
    • By denisuu
      Hi all,
      I'm wondering how you can get into the service menu (In Start) on an old LG Smart TV (42LB630V) running WebOS 1.4.  I have a Samsung Galaxy S6 (SM-G920F) with a IR blaster, I have tried sending '0x04FB 0xFB04' to I which should be IR code to enter the menu, but that doesn't work.
      I have also tried entering it with the SSAP-Web, but I get:
      error: 500 Application error {"errorCode":-101,"returnValue":false,"errorText":"\"com.webos.app.factorywin\" was not found OR Unsupported Application Type" The SAPP-Web app does works though, because the TV does respond to Get info
      { "returnValue": true, "product_name": "webOS", "model_name": "HE_DTV_WT1M_AFAAABAA", "sw_type": "FIRMWARE", "major_ver": "05", "minor_ver": "05.90", "country": "omitted", "device_id": "omitted", "auth_flag": "N", "ignore_disable": "N", "eco_info": "01", "config_key": "00", "language_code": "en-GB" } The reason I want to access the menu is because I've enabled DEBUG mode on my TV through the NVM method and I want to enter a root shell trough UART to enable SSH and root access.
      Gaining root access through NVM: 
      link hidden, please login to view