Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

DrTroy

Data Collection Query

Question

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• Question: Amazon hdr content back, but not playing

For quite a while, amazon didn't offer hdr content versions in the webos app.  A recent update has brought back the hdr content, but it's still playing in 1080.  Has anyone successfully gotten 4k and hdr to play in the amazon lg app?

By dwsteele41, in LG webOS Smart TV App Questions

• Awaiting best answer
      • 0 votes
      • 2 answers
    • Palm is Back with a New Palm Phone Companion

If you are webOS enthusiast, you remember Palm as the brand that brought you webOS 1.0 on a smart phone before it was sold to HP fro Touchpads and then LG for Smart TVs. Today, we have webOS off to LG and the Palm brand off to TCL Communications. We have been waiting to see what was to come with palm and today we have a new website that's up and a cool gadget, dubbed a "companion". Below is information from https://www.palm.com "We found partners who were as passionate about celebrating the choice to stay connected and be present with Palm, a vision that brings people out of technology and back into their lives. We’re working with TCL Communication to manufacture Palm and exclusively launching with Verizon Wireless in the United States, establishing the new ultra-mobile category." History of Palm Palm was one of the first companies to put mobile devices into consumers’ hands. Palm changed the mobile game when they introduced the popular PalmPilot in 1996—ushering in the handheld mobile era. Palm is back and ready to change the game again. The original PalmPilot made your computer mobile, now we’re making smartphones truly mobile again. We have embraced Palm’s innovative spirit and created a new ultra-mobile device that keeps you connected and present at the same time. The new Palm is an ultra-mobile product that’s about the size of a credit card with smart features and quick actions, so you can instantly access everything you need and nothing you don’t—even when your smartphone is nowhere to be seen. Palm syncs with your Android or iOS device so you’ll never miss a thing, even if your smartphone is at home.  Features Size of a Credit Card Syncs with Android and iOS Stunning HD Display Water and Dust Resistant Two Cameras 12MP and 8MP Runs on Android with Google Assistant Facial Recognition Gesture Pad Quick Actions   Specs Processor    Qualcomm® 435 processor. Octa-core CPU Display    3.3” HD Display - 445 ppi high pixel density LCD Glass    Impact resistant front and rear Corning Gorilla Glass Cameras    12MP rear camera with flash + 8MP front camera Construction    Crafted billet aluminum mid-frame Durability    IP68 water and dust resistant Memory    3 GB RAM / 32 GB Storage Battery    800mAh non-removable battery,All-day battery life*, 3+ day standby time Audio    Dual-purpose speaker Sensors    G-Sensor, Glonass GPS, Proximity, E-compass, Gyro Connectivity    4G LTE, Bluetooth 4.2 low energy WLAN 802.11 b/g/n (2.4GHz) Non-removable nano SIM  OS    Android 8.1 Security    Face unlock Dimensions    50.6 x 96.6 x 7.4mm Weight    62.5 grams Colors    Available in titanium and gold Visit https://www.palm.com for more information  

By Alex, in Palm Pre and Pre Plus

• 0 replies
    • Question: Screen capture

Hey guys. TL;DR How do I save screen captures to an external HDD?   I am new here. I recently bought an LG 43UJ6307, webOS 3.5. More than happy with it, except for the fact that there is literally nowhere to find accurate information. The TV has the screen capture feature and automatically saves the capture in the internal storage. I e-mailed LG to ask how to copy it from the internal storage to the external storage and they said it is not possible. Although, they said I can choose where I save the screen captures (on an external support or internal storage). My question is: How do I do this? How do I choose to save the screen captures to my external HDD of flash drive? Thanks very much.

By Mihnea Prundeanu, in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

• Awaiting best answer

• 0 votes
      • 3 answers
    • Question: Netflix button on remote and how to offload screen capture

Greetings. First post here. I did a cursory search on my questions and found no answers. I have a model 49UH6100 and have three questions: 1) The TV comes with a remote that has a dedicated Netflix button. But it does nothing. It would be convenient to have it bring up Netflix rightaway. Any idea on whether this button does anything at all? 2) The Netflix app doesn't seem to show "My List" which is pretty standard on all Netflix apps that I have used, including my last LG smart TV (model 42LV5400). Any idea if My List is available? 3) The TV allows user to save a screen capture, but there doesn't seem to be a way to offload it, to a USB stick, for example. It seems rather like a large omission not to have this capability.   Thanks for answering any of the above questions.

By wongkarcanada, in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

• Awaiting best answer

• 0 votes
      • 0 answers
    • It's Official Palm Is Back!

Palm makes a comeback! TCL to 're-create' the brand - The Chinese consumer-electronics company wants to resurrect a once-beloved smartphone brand.   LAS VEGAS -- The Palm name, once a leader in the smartphone world, gets another chance at life thanks to Chinese consumer-electronics company TCL.   TCL said on Tuesday that it had acquired the rights to the Palm name and would "re-create" a new company based in Silicon Valley. The company added that it would use input from Palm's fan base, touting that it would be the largest crowd-sourced project in the industry. TCL has been attempting to build up its brand and awareness in the US. The company is largely known for selling low-cost televisions, but it also has a mobile-device division, which uses the Alcatel OneTouch name. By utilizing the Palm name, which has a long history in the mobile world with the original Treo and Pilot handhelds, and later the WebOS-powered Pre, TCL is attempting to make a splash.   TCL's deal follows Lenovo's much splashier acquisition of another storied mobile company, Motorola, as a way to break into more-developed markets like the US. Palm, however, has been an inactive brand while Motorola was still selling phones before the deal. Still, there may be some nostalgia factor left that could help with TCL's profile.   "Palm has always carried a lot of affect and emotions," the company said in a statement.   The company said it would provide more details and a timeline of the project at a later date.   TCL acquired the name from Hewlett-Packard, which acquired Palm in 2010 with the grand vision of utilizing its WebOS mobile operating system across many products. HP ultimately mothballed its consumer mobile ambitions.   TCL isn't likely to use WebOS. In 2013, LG purchased the WebOS platform, which now powers its smart televisions.   TCL intends to use the Palm name for smartphones, but it's unclear how the company will juggle the Palm name with Alcatel OneTouch, which is making its own push to increase its visibility in the US.   Source: http://www.cnet.com/news/palm-makes-a-comeback-tcl-to-recreate-the-brand/     So here is the question....what Palm gadgets will we see and what OS will they use? Will it be Open webOS, LuneOS, some form of open source webOS, Android? We'll have to wait and see, but for all you palm webOS fans and die hard webOS original adopters, this may bring back some nostalgia. I myself owned 2 pixis, a pre and pre2, and also still have my Touchpad!    

By Alex, in The Lounge - Off Topic

• 1 reply