Quantcast

Standard HDMI CEC support, or at least GigaBlue support

medi01

After replacing my D series Samsung with LG W7V I had discovered that HDMI CEC on the top model from 2017 does not do things that my TV from 2008 does.

I have GigaBlue Quad Sat Receiver, which I do not want to give up on, as it is much more versatile than built in tuner of the TV. (e.g. streaming over network etc)

Old TV recognized receiver as 'tuner" device and forwarded most keys to it.

But LG asks to specify model, Gigablue is not available as an option and nothing but switching on/off and selecting source works.

In HDMI CEC test plugin on the sat receiver I could see that NONE of the keys are being sent, TV keeps asking/sending Vendor ID.

In 2017 having problems like this is ridiculous. 

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Virus17
      Hi all, I have this 4K LG 49UF772V TV which has had this issue since I bought it second hand and I'm wondering if anyone has any idea how it can be fixed as I am looking to sell it.

The issue: On the LG menu and main home screen + sub menus and programs such as Netflix, there are black squares all over the display which makes it impossible to use. However, the TV works flawlessly when using the display with a HDMI device connected.

I suspect this could be either a software issue since there's no physical defects with the display itself. The TV has the latest software update running (04.06.25). I've attempted to reflash it and downgrade it but I haven't managed to find a way to do it.

Also note that only 1 of the 3 HDMI ports work. The other two gives no output when a device is connected.

I have also carried out a factory reset and this has not made a difference.

I have attached a short video showing the TV connected to chromecast and the display working as expected and then pressing the settings button yields artifacts/small black squares. + some pictures showing this.

Thank you in advance! 
      LG_49.mov

• By Villa
      Does anyone know where I can purchase the Board with HDMI Ports for my LG Smart TV?
      Model No.: 55LF6500-SB
      Serial No.: 504RMZL47085 (1634)
      Manufactured: April 2015

• By PureChaosX
      As the title sort of says, whenever I rename the HDMI inputs on my new TV, they seem to reset at random. Sometime's they've reset when the TV is put on standby mode for several hours. Other times, I've noticed they've reset while the TV is still being used. I always end up renaming them in the morning, and eventually, they've reset themselves back to HDMI 1 (Xbox One X) and HDMI 2 (Elgato Capture). 
      Sometimes, only 1 of the names reset. Other times, they both reset.
      Does anyone have any ideas as to why the names keep resetting? TV off or on, it doesn't seem to matter. Any help would be great!
      Please and thank you!
    • By NaveenKumar88
      Hello,
      I've new to this forum. I recently purchased an LG Oled B2 65 inch and it is connect to Yamaha RX V581 av receiver which supports dolby atmos.
      I am trying to play movies which has lossless Dolby atmos audio via LG's media player. My avr is always showing DD+ 5.1 and doesn't show atmos at all.
      Appreciate any help from member. Sorry If this was already discussed as I'm new to this forum.
    • By Bevb
      I have a NANO91ANA LG TV connected via HDMI to a Yamaha RX-V677 Receiver. Normally when I turn the TV on it also turns the receiver on and I can control volume via the LG remote, whether it is an app on the TV or from another device connected to my receiver (Apple TV or cable box). Now the receiver is not turning on and ARC audio is not working. I think there may have been a software update the other day, but I'm not sure. However, everything was working properly until last night. The last time this happened it seemed to correct itself (it seems to be kind of sporadic), but this time it did not. I do not know what to do to correct this, but it is a major pain as I'm now having to deal with 4 remotes, plus I can't get sound out of my surround speakers when using an app on the TV.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.