Quantcast

Browse to specific URL?

enxlkjes

Question

Is there a way to control the web browser destination direction through an API? In a perfect world I'd like to be able to issue commands line this:

1. WakeOnLan event (I have a server that does this)
  2. Activate Web Browser
  3. Browse to "https://www.goo.gl/12345"

I should mention that I do not want to code a mobile application for this purpose. I'm interested in performing all these actions via IFTTT triggers and plain RESTful commands. I can spend 1time up front effort trying to figure out how to get the right pairing keys and stuff, then I'd like to be able to do these things via GET or POST commands (or similar).

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By nester
      Hi,
      it would be great if there was some kind of “percentage” slider or just adjusted power saving settings. Right now, there is too much difference between maximum and medium power saving mode - maximum is too dark and medium is too bright, with no way to be set between. Also difference between two brightest is not so much big.
      Second idea is to bring this setting somewhere closer (higher) in options. In my opinion, it might be the often changed setting by users. I use to change it regularly, especially between day and night. 

• By MTNL
      Hi All!

Is it possible to turn on a LG SmartTV so it starts the web browser with a specific website
      I know it is possible to set your own website but I can not find if it is possible from cold start
      We have been using Samsung TV's but their recent policy to force you to see their crappy advertisement is too much a hassle so I want to switch to LG
      Any other hints and/or tips are VERY welcome how to use the LG as a Kiosk TV
      We are looking to use these LG models:
      LG 43UQ70006LB - 43 inch - 4K LED - 2022 LG 43UQ70003LB - 43 inch - 4K LED - 2022 LG 43UQ75003LF - 43 inch - 4K LED - 2022 LG 43UQ80006LB - 43 inch - 4K LED - 2022 Any info is very welcome!
      Ed
    • By Mohammed Ghareeb
      Can any one give me a method to search about a specific channel in LG smart tv. It is the most stupid tv app. 
    • By Ramprasad
      Hello all,
      Can anyone help me with cookies enable option on my browser? Also, is there anyway by which we can install Chrome Browser App?
    • By Kishore Murthy
      How do I setup the voice search to be  application specific (e.g. when I am within netflix to search within their titles).?