Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

enxlkjes

Browse to specific URL?

Question

Is there a way to control the web browser destination direction through an API? In a perfect world I'd like to be able to issue commands line this:

1. WakeOnLan event (I have a server that does this)
  2. Activate Web Browser
  3. Browse to "https://www.goo.gl/12345"

I should mention that I do not want to code a mobile application for this purpose. I'm interested in performing all these actions via IFTTT triggers and plain RESTful commands. I can spend 1time up front effort trying to figure out how to get the right pairing keys and stuff, then I'd like to be able to do these things via GET or POST commands (or similar).

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• LG INTRODUCES WORLD’S FIRST 8K OLED TV

First To Mass Produce Large Screen OLED TVs, LG Poised to Lead Market in Advanced Premium TV Technologies BERLIN, Aug. 29, 2018 — Already a leader in advancing TV innovation with its OLED TVs, LG Electronics (LG) is introducing the world’s first 8K (7680 x 4320) OLED TV. Previewed at IFA 2018, the 88-inch class 8K LG OLED TV features over 33 million self-emitting pixels to produce the unmatched contrast ratio and true blacks that define OLED TV’s iconic picture quality. With OLED TV shipments in the market expected to double in 2018 and reach over nine million units by 2022, LG will continue to increase the OLED share in its premium TV portfolio and drive large scale consumer adoption of OLED TVs. While the 8K TV market is still in its infancy, it is expected to grow to more than 5 million units by 2022, and LG is committed to leading the ultra-premium market with its 8K OLED TV technology. Despite advancements in LCD field, OLED has been often referred to as the “nextgeneration display technology” because it emits its own light, eliminating the need for any kind of backlighting. This allows for state-of-art TVs which redefine both the picture quality and the product design. Not only was LG able to pioneer such technologies, but it was also able to successfully market them. “LG’s first 8K OLED TV is the pinnacle of technological achievement and the next evolutionary step in display technology,” said Brian Kwon, president of LG Home Entertainment Company. “4K OLED played a major role in reshaping TV industry and LG is confident that 8K OLED will do the same.” LG introduced the 88" 8k OLED TV at CES 2018  

By Alex, in LG webOS Smart TV Discussion

• 3 replies
    • LGWEBOS signange - Application gets hung and issue with regional news

Hi, I have been using webos for my signange where I render my advertisement and configured live news feeds. I have configured as follows Live National news - > Advertisements->International news->Advertisments..etc.. This is how i configured ,but noticed that application gets hung and wanted to know 1)Is webos not designed be used for such a heavy applications/rendering? 2) Malayalam fonts are not rendered properly where as it is working fine in Android. Can somebody throw some light on this ? Appreciate if someone from LG can respond as well Rgds Lijo

By Lijo, in LG webOS for Signage

• 1 reply
    • Question: WEBOS 3.0 BROWSER DOES NOT SUPPORT HTML5

Hi, the webos default browser does not support html5. Using the default browser, I went to Netflix site, login and when I tired to play any movie, I get redirected that the browser does not support html5.  Can LG release an update to fix this. I am on webos 3.0.2.

By im7778, in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

• Awaiting best answer
      • 0 votes
      • 5 answers
    • Netflix on WebOS Browser

We want to watch netflix on the browser not the app. The login page appears but when we click on the Play button a screen appears talking about HTML5 and Silverlight. We know what HTML5 and Silverlight are but find it strange that the WebOS browser does not support this markup language on its player. Oddly YouTube works fine in the browser. Does anybody know how to get the WebOS browser to run HTML5?

By Mr G, in LG webOS Smart TV Discussion

• 18 replies
    • Question: Connect TV to server via FTP

Hi, I will try to make it short. I have a server abroad (Europe) which I use to upload/download with my family. This server also stores my film collection. I have moved to the US and the server remains in Europe. Therefore I am trying to be able to stream a movie in the US from the server in Europe via my LG smart TV (LG Oled 55 B7A). When I go on the web interface of the server on my tv to access a movie, it tells me I cant download from there. How can I stream (not download, just stream) a movie on my TV from my server located in Europe? Seems simple (in principle) but can't find a way. Thank you

By nicobdx, in LG webOS Smart TV App Questions

• Awaiting best answer

• 0 votes
      • 1 answer