Quantcast

Browse to specific URL?

enxlkjes

Question

Is there a way to control the web browser destination direction through an API? In a perfect world I'd like to be able to issue commands line this:

1. WakeOnLan event (I have a server that does this)
  2. Activate Web Browser
  3. Browse to "https://www.goo.gl/12345"

I should mention that I do not want to code a mobile application for this purpose. I'm interested in performing all these actions via IFTTT triggers and plain RESTful commands. I can spend 1time up front effort trying to figure out how to get the right pairing keys and stuff, then I'd like to be able to do these things via GET or POST commands (or similar).

• Answers 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Paul Griffith
      When I try to go to a TV programme via the remote control voice option, the TV tries to look up the channel on the app I'm on, instead of going straight to the TV channel on the antenna. This used to work without any problems up until a couple of days ago. Any help appreciated.
    • By jquerijero
      The new WebOS Home makes the TV feels more gadget-ty or app-y while the old home feels more like an appliance. Is there a way to get back to the old home view?
    • By Lomomoon
      Has anyone successfully installed a file browser to view files on a USB stick and how? Also are you able to view text files, install apps, open images etc? 
      I'm trying to install a 3rd party app.
      Thanks 

• By Norbert
      TV model: UK6300PLB (software updated)
      TV connection: ethernet cable doesn't matter, cable or wifi the effect is the same (the system has an obvious bug, when simultaneously connected via cable and wifi - same router, applications cannot connect to the internet)
      PC system: Kubuntu 22.04 (Linux pc 5.15.0-47-generic #51-Ubuntu SMP Thu Aug 11 07:51:15 UTC 2022 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux)
      minidlna version: 1.3.0+dfsg-2.1
      Firewall status: doesn't matter, on or off the effect is the same
      The TV sees the DLNA server some time after turning it on, then no more. If I do not start playback within this short time of availability, the dlna server disappears from the list of available sources. If at this time I turn on playback from the computer, then after a long while the video is played seemingly normally, but all player control functions become unavailable, the buttons simply do not respond, and in the list of available inputs there is no longer a dlna server. The minidln logs on the computer show no cause, just an unexpected http connection breakup: upnphttp.c:1082: debug: HTTP Connection closed unexpectedly.
      I checked the availability of the server on several Android devices, everything works fine.

• By lg_user
      I have a LG UJ6200 with WebOS TV Version 3.9.1-6280403. I use the browser on the TV to watch videos (movies or TV series) hosted by some web sites. I encountered a problem watching a few TV series. For example, I have no problem seeing Ep01 to EP04. But I got Video format not supported error on EP05 and later. I know that it is not the video because I can watch it using my computer chrome browser. It is possible that the web sites has done some updates which the TV browser does not support. Anyone has experience similar problem and found the fix ? Is there any other browser I can install on the TV to see if the problem can be fixed ?