Welcome to LG webOS - Smart TV, Phone, Signage, Appliance User to User Support Forum

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

irnote3

My laptop didn't connect to tv by wifi direct

Question

my laptop model lenovo g580 and it's support wifi direct & intel widi, i tried to share my pc videos content and stream it by wifi direct to my smart tv. And when search for wifi direct of my laptop i find it on TV and when search the wifi direct from my pc i find the smart tv, but the problem it's refuse to connect with no reason. Here i shared my issue supported by photo hope you can help me, regards ☺

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-win_continuum/connect-my-pc-to-my-lg-smart-tv-by-wifi-direct/5bc18c2f-a230-4c85-af61-4c98db578426?tm=1482100624534

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.

2 answers to this question

Make sure the the Wifi is Turned On on your laptop

Most laptops have a Wifi Button or use a Function Key to turn the Wifi on or off
-- If your laptop has a Wifi Button it should be located on the Keyboard or somewhere on the side of your laptop, pressing the button once will turn the Wifi on or off

-- If your laptop uses a Function Key (F3, F12, Etc.), it will be located on the Keyboard, you will need to press the Fn Key and then press the Function Key (F3, F12, Etc.) to turn the Wifi on or off

Some laptops have an On/Off switch for the Wifi
-- If your laptop has an On/Off switch, simply flip the switch

-- For some laptops pressing the Wifi Button will turn Airplane Mode on or off, when Airplane Mode is Off, the Wifi is On

2. Check if you have a Wifi Icon

Look for a Wifi Icon in the bottom right hand corner of your computer screen
-- If there is no Internet Connection Icon at all, you will need to make the icon visible

3. Make the Internet Icon visible

Click on the Show hidden icons arrow in the bottom right hand corner
Go to Customize
Scroll Down
Look for your Internet Connection
Change the Behavior from Hide icon and notifications/Only show notifications to Show icon and notifications
Click Ok

If still issue exits then check Lenovo G580 Manual for help. 

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.