Quantcast

[pivotCE] Public FTP for webOS App Rescue Effort Available Now, Torrent Soon

pivotCE

By now you’ve likely read about the apps we’ve managed to put together. The files are on my Box account and the link was shared A LOT. This was great but had its flaws. For instance, you can’t download the entire thing. It’s a limitation from Box. That problem has been solved as there is now a public ftp! We told you it was coming.

A public ftp solution is coming for the 6000+ app rescue effort. More details soon!

— pivotCE (@pivotCE)

In February, I received a private message on the webOS Nation forums from user, tylla.

Hi Alan,

I’m writing to you about the marvelous webOS apps collection that you posted on the forum/box.com.
We are a small web IT/hosting company, but as two of us (out of total three – yes, that small smile.gif?w=800) are using webOS phones, we would like to help you with the hosting of those files.
So I am asking you, is it OK if we provide you with some FTP space? Our server is located in Hungary, and the international bandwidth isn’t the best one, but this would have the benefit, that all those people who want to download all the apps, would have the chance without thousand clicks.

Without hesitation I contacted them and started working on the upload and they started working on the solution to make it available.

FTP info

Browse to to see all of the files. You can also point your favorite FTP client to:

site: webosftp.qualitis.hu
username: preanon

There is bandwidth limit on it, >2Mbit, and max concurrent user count is 12.

Speed concerns

The server is in Hungary so folks across the pond might notice some slow downloads. Do you have a public FTP in the US you’d be willing to establish as a mirror? !

My plea

Considering the bandwidth and max user limitation above, if you don’t need ALL of the apps, don’t select all and download them. There’s no need to be a bandwidth hog. Get what you want as many times a day as you want just be considerate. Thanks!

Box account

Since I was using my personal Box account for hosting up to this point, I’ll be removing access to it publicly. Sorry! I’m sure you understand.

Torrent coming soon

Tylla and I are also working on a solution for a torrent file. The only issue is getting the updated torrent out to folks who are rehosting the files. We’re working on that plan too but it’ll likely be a naming convention and updates via here and to get the word out about the change.

For your help

Thanks a ton for everyone’s help getting these apps saved. Remember, we’re still looking for all of those used-to-be-paid apps that are no longer available. We already have some of the more popular ones (Gameloft, EA, etc). Take a look at the ftp and compare with what you have already installed.

If you have apps that the share doesn’t, copy your /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications folder to /media/internal using Internalz Pro, connect your device to a computer via USB mode, and drag the applications folder over and contact me. I’ll make sure they get turned back into an .ipk and uploaded to the FTP.

Happy downloading!

#webOSforever

Related posts:

link hidden, please login to view

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Similar Topics

• By Arun A
      Hotstar, Sun NXT, Zee5 apps not found on content store.  My model number is 43LF6300 and firmware version is 4.06.40.
    • By News Reporter
      From heart rate monitors in smartwatches to accelerometers and gyroscopes for measuring an athlete’s movement or swing, technology takes sports to a whole new level of precision. In the world of esports, advanced tech isn’t just something that’s good to have, it’s a necessity. And in this world, LG UltraGear hardware has developed a reputation as the best gear for victory.

According to , the gaming PC and monitor market expanded rapidly in 2020, reaching 55 million units sold for a year-on-year increase of 26.8 percent. And with more people than ever working and playing from home, demand for better PC hardware experienced huge growth with sales of LG’s gaming monitors more than tripling between 2019 and 2020.
      Let’s take a look at what sets LG UltraGear gaming monitors apart from the rest.

Compared to other panel technologies such as Twisted Nematic (TN) or Vertical Alignment (VA), LG’s In-Plane Switching (IPS) panel provides a wider viewing angle with minimal color distortion as well as a wide color gamut with excellent contrast. LG was the to introduce an IPS monitor with one millisecond Gray-to-Gray (GTG) response time, a significant advantage over the 20-30 milliseconds of regular monitors. One millisecond means fewer distracting visual effects such as ghosting for a smoother, faster gaming experience. And with a refresh rate of up to 144Hz, ultra-high screen resolution and exceptionally lifelike picture quality, it’s easy to see why LG UltraGear has become an esport favorite.

Currently there are in the UltraGear monitor lineup including a new 32-inch (model 32GP850) featuring the advanced Nano IPS display technology. Later this year, LG will debut the industry’s first 34-inch monitor with NVIDIA G-SYNC® ULTIMATE built-in for the highest level of compatibility with NVIDIA graphics cards.

LG makes a great effort to understand what gaming fans really want. One way is through the UltraGear Advisory Board, an online community of approximately 200 gamers from around the world managed by LG. Members of the board have a voice in developing new products, advising on both technical as well as design aspects.

And LG UltraGear gaming monitors are not only the ideal choice for a home gaming setup, it’s a brand in high demand by professionals who game for a living. LG is currently with Gen.G Esports, one of the top esports organizations, to support their League of Legends Champions Korea (LCK) team. Using LG UltraGear monitors, the team is already .

Built for a better gaming experience to deliver an edge over the competition, LG’s UltraGear gaming monitors have been the preferred gear for many gamers since its launch in 2018. So whether you’re a pro gamer or just a casual player, LG UltraGear can provide the right gear for the job to make the difference between victory and defeat.
      # # #

link hidden, please login to view
    • By anishjp
      Hi LG
      When playing a video file that is 3840 x 2160 (UHD) in OLED55CX (4K), there is a small black bar at the top and bottom. Is the TV supposed to upscale automatically to its 4k resolution which is 4096 x 2160? How do I upscale it without picture being cut of?
      Regards,
      Anish
    • By anishjp
      Hi LG
      When playing a Dolby Vision file encoded in MKV container format, the image is green/purple in colour. A quick googling says, this occurs due the default media player in WebOS not able to decode Dolby Vision MKV container files properly.
      When will this be fixed?
      Regards,
      Anish
    • By Alex
      Open topic for discussion as we learn more with the announcement yesterday of LG Ads River OS tv operating system and how it differentiates with webOS. Is webOS being replaced?  🤨

VS