Quantcast

How to crop video played from USB?

blinkfrog

Question

I have a LG 42LB675V TV, and want to watch video using internal player. But if I play 21:9 video there are black stripes at the top and the bottom of screen, so how I can to crop video format to 16:9 (deleting left and right sides of course)? Every modern TV can do this, and if I set video source to HDMI at my LG there is a bunch of options in Screen format menu, including Zoom and Cinema Zoom which do crop. But when I play video from USB there is just 3 useless options that don't do crop but just stretch video resulting in incorrect shapes.

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

goto all settings, picture, aspect ratio. just scan setting set to on. select all-direction zoom, reset and adjust the vertical stretch setting until no picture distortion <press the left arrow of the vertical stretch until no stretch>.

got to do this for different video with diffeent resolution else the all-direction zoom settings is not suitable.

so frustrating, but that's the only way i found.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.