Quantcast

[HELP] Can't Play 4K/UHD Movies Directly from External HDD on LG 4K TV 43UF680T

lastofthefamous

Question

I have LG 4K TV 43UF680T running WebOS 2.0 and it can't play 4K movies from my external HDD. It reads my HDD drives + contents and I can play other movies/videos without problem, even some of it are 4K videos like demos etc. But recently I downloaded a 4K movie in mkv format (HEVC/x265), copy it to my ext HDD and my LG TV read it as an UHD (I can see it on the thumbnail) video but when I play it it's stuttering, mirrored and have a horizontal pink line below the screen. I don't know what the problem is, but I have other x265 movies as well but they're all playing well although non of them are UHD movies just 1080p Bluray rip movies. So I guess the problem is not from the HEVC/x265 compability.

If anybody here can help me it will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By nkat
      Hello Team,
      I'm unable to play any video  any video on LG TV WebOS browswer. 
      I've tried to play
      link hidden, please login to viewm also, but no luck. I've toggled (on and off) the 'Adpative Javascript video stream' settings in browser but no luck.
      Can any one help on this .?
    • By tomatowarden
      Hey everyone, I've been using my LG WebOS TV for some time now, and there's a small but impactful change I'd love to see. Currently, when the TV is turned on without an HDMI input, it defaults to displaying a wallpaper. It's not aesthetically pleasing, it's a bit of an inconvenience for users like me who primarily use the TV's smart features.My suggestion is to include an option that allows the TV to boot directly into the Home screen, displaying all the available apps and streaming options right away. This would streamline the user experience, making it faster and easier to access the services we use most.Would love to hear the community's thoughts on this. Cheers!
    • By Davor Vratarić
      Hello ,
      I have LG TV OLED55E9PLA with software version 05.30.40.
      I am also using Smart IPTV App.
      I would ask for some help....
      One of the TV channel I often watch is working on VLC player with these 3 lines :
      #EXTINF:-1 tvg-id="AvilaTV.ve" tvg-logo="
      link hidden, please login to view" group-title="Venezuela", Avila #EXTVLCOPT:http-referrer=

I tried to put this lines to my Smart IPTV list on my LG TV , but it don't work.
      Is there a solution to make this channel work with Smart IPTV App,
      since it only allows 2 lines for each channel ?

Thanks for your help
    • By Maria D
      How to change view from 16:9 in movies to fit full screen 

LG QLED B22 
    • By Abhishek_02x
      I am using the lg tv from 2 years and I found an amazing experience till now.
      But I like request about Play box TV app. Please add this app in store section so that I could download it on my tv. 
      It would be helpful if you respond to my email. This app is very demanding now a days as it comes with the excitel broadband service.