Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

Alex

LG Bringing Google Play to webOS TVs

Question

LG strikes new deal with Google to bring Google Play to webOS

Those with LG smart TVs are about to have more options to stream video directly from their flat screen. In an intriguing new partnership, the company announced that it will add capability for Google Play Movies & TV to its WebOS smart TV platform (as well as its older NetCast 4.0 and 4.5 platform) this month. This will make webOS the first smart TV platform outside of Google’s Android TV system (included on select Sony TVs) to offer access to Google Play Movies & TV directly.

Read more: http://www.digitaltrends.com/movies/lg-smart-tv-to-add-capability-for-google-play-movies-and-tv/#ixzz3s5TbeOEj

2 answers to this question

I found that the picture quality is less than Netflix.

The UI is very basic like there is no indication of what you have seen (bad when watching TV series)  and it seems impossible to select the audio output language. 

I have experienced a few lockups too.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• Question: How to download Google play store in LG smart TV 32LH576D

How to download Google play store in LG smart TV 32LH576D

in LG webOS Smart TV App Questions

• Question: Annoying pop-up messages on my lg 49sj800v smart tv

I have owned this tv for a year and pleased with it ... until about a month ago. I now have constant repetitive messages in top right hand corner of screen saying 'Unknown device disconnected' or 'wired network is connected' or wired lan cable is connected' and it's driving me crazy. I have tried the lg live chat technical support and they were not aware of the issue but I've seen the same problem discussed on US forums and here too. Nobody seems to be able to have a solution. I have unplugged all external stuff - Virgin V6 box, Wii, wired internet, etc and it still happens. Help!!

in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

• Question: Chapters in ripped movies can't be accessed (OLED55B6T)

I'm using Serviio on a Raspberry Pi as my DLNA server. If I rip a DVD/Blu-Ray movie with MakeMKV, retaining the chapters from the disc, I can use VLC as the DLNA client on my PC to play the rip from Serviio on the Pi, and I can access the chapters in the ripped file, jumping forwards and backwards from chapter to chapter. However, if I use the DLNA client in my LG OLED55B6T to play the same rip, the chapters can't be accessed - trying to do so jumps to the next/previous rip in the folder on the server. Has anyone managed to get chapters working with the DLNA client on an LG TV? p.s. I also tested by connecting a Chromecast to the TV, and using BubbleuPnP on my phone as the DLNA client and casting the phone to the TV. That method also allows me to access the chapters on the movie rip, so it looks even more as though this is a shortcoming in the DLNA client built into the TV.

in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

• Better subtitle handling/options (saving Code Page&transparent background)

I have LB650V webOS TV and it is very annoying having to reselect the (Latin 2) subtitle encoding (Code Page) every time when playing the movie. Absolutely no excuse not to save the last used choice for the subtitle Code Page so I hope it will be implemented in the future firmware updates.   And one more thing about the subtitles: the options to turn on the transparent background and/or the character outlines has to be done - to improve the readability.

in LG webOS Wish List

• (LG) webOS TV LK540BPUA

GOT THIS NEW TV FOR CHRISTMAS AND HERE IT'S FEBRUARY AND I STILL DON'T HAVE IT SET UP, I WAS TOLD IT WOULD WORK EXACTLY THE WAY A ROKU TV WORKS, BUT I SET IT UP WITH AL MY INTERNET AND MODEM INFORMATION AND IT STILL DON'T WORK LIKE MY ROKU TV I HAVE ALREADY, SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP I WANT TO WATCH MY NEW TV, THANK YOU

in LG webOS Smart TV Discussion

• Similar Tagged Content

• By stat999
      Hi guys,

I have received my LG TV with webOS 3.0 today.

I am looking to install a few Apps available on Google Play, however, it seems Google Play is not installed on the webOS software pre-installed. I can only find Google Play Movies and TV, which does not allow me to install 3rd party Apps.

Is there a way to install Google Play app and 3rd party apps ?

Many thanks