Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

forum1

crackling and popping noises on HDTV when turned off

Question

All day long my tv is on.

At night I go to sleep and turn off TV.

After 20-30 minutes I wake up becouse from the side where is TV, I heard popping noises for a second. After 10,20 minutes again this noise wake me up. Becouse a new popping noises after next 20-30 minutes again wake me up.

What the fu****? TV is in my room where I sleep. I buy TV after 6,7 weeks ago and this TV wake me up at 23:00, then at 23:20...

I can not sleep becouse this problem. I am going to be crazy. I thing that I need hospital. Do you know that every night this TV wake me up.

• Like 1

1 answer to this question

Here is description of my problem.

http://skp.samsungcsportal.com/integrated/popup/FaqDetailPopup3.jsp?cdsite=in&seq=1025908

Samsung support tell me that my LG TV problem with this crackling and popping will disappear after a year. Wooool, after a year I will be totaly mad persone and patient of psihiatric hospital.

BY THE WAY I STOP CALLING BY PHONE LG SUPPORT.

I START CALL TO SAMSUNG AND EXPLAIN THAT LG SUPPORT PEOPLE NOT HELP ME AT ALL. THEY HANG ME OFF EVERY CALL. AFTER SAMSUNG SUPPORT MENAGER HEART THAT HE ALLOWED ME TO ASK QUESTIONS TO SAMSUNG.

THIS IS REAL TRUE.

I want to tell to LG Bulgaria that I am sorry becouse of my complains. Please forgive me LG (GoldStar).

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/GoldStar

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• Question: LG UHD TV digital sound out popping noise problem

Dear Readers,

I've a strange issue that I've been struggling for a week. I bought an LG43UJ634V UHD TV and an LG LHB645N Home Theater in a Box system.
      I use HDMI ARC to connect the audio from the TV to receiver. LG has an option to chose between PCM or Auto at the Digital output settings.

If I use the PCM option everything sounds great, but I don't have 5.1, only 2.1.
      And here comes the problem. When I choose Auto, 5.1 is on, sounds great but I have occasional popping noise (like when play something on an old LP player) it happens random, but for example during a film, it is very annoying. It happens with YouTube, Netflix, DLNA streaming, external devices, so the content doesn't matter. I think I've tried everything. I tested it with different HDMI cables, optical cable, but still have the problem. I tested it with a sound bar as well, the problem is the same.
      When I play content from the receiver, there is no problem, the sound is wonderful, no popping. Also, the TVs speakers are okay.

I don't think it is a hardware issue, because the TV's sound is OK, the home theater's sound is OK, the problem only happens when I want to use the digital output of the TV (either HDMI ARC or Optical) with auto setting.
      I called LG as well, the rep. said the she will pass this info to the technical team.

Do you have any idea, that it can be solved, or I need to wait for a software update?

By Krash01, in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

• Awaiting best answer

• 1 vote
      • 22 answers
    • Question: Popping noise from optical out

I have a lg oled C7 I’m using the optical out to a marantz tuner I am getting a popping sound  periodically from main and sometimes surround speakers, can anyone help. Thanks 

By Lg oled C7, in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

• Awaiting best answer
      • 0 votes
      • 2 answers
    • TV turns on during night bug

I currently have webos ver 04.70.45 lgwebostv uj670v   1. Under certain circumstances the TV will turn itself on during the night. After much testing it would appear that if a schedule program is due during the early hours while the TV is off it will turn itself on waking everyone. For example set a reminder for a program that starts at 11pm. Then if you turn your TV off at 10.30pm the TV will turn itself back on later. I suggest that there should be an additional check prior to the reminder going off to see if the TV is on. if it is not on then don't action the reminder thus not turning the TV on. twice now have been woken during the night to find the TV on. please fix in next release and advise.   2. Also, can you add a page in settings.  general. about TV. upgrade. what's been updated. a histotical list of changes. this would be ideal as it would advise both bug fixes and new features.   3. Also the favourites feature is very hard to organise. For example if I add a new channel to favourites1 it will go to the bottom of the list. However the swap feature is useless if you want to move this channel to say the second position. This is a problem because you are expecting us to swap 2 channels when on reality we need to move 1 channel from the bottom to say the 3rd slot WITHOUT changing any others. We don't want to swap the channel in position 2 with that in last position.

By Zorac Dev, in LG webOS Smart TV Discussion

• 5 replies
    • Question: How to turn off the HDMI2 popup that keeps happening every 15 minutes?

I purchased a LG OLED TV in December 2017.  It is great, except for one annoyance. Every 15 minutes, a  HDMI2 popup appears in the center of the screen. It disappears after a few seconds.  This repeats ad infinitum.  My TV connections are  very simple.  One coax cable input to the Cable Box.   HDMI output from the Cable Box  to the TV's HDMI1 input.   The coax output from the Cable Box is connected to a Magnavox DVR.  The DVR is connected to the TV's  HDMI2 input .   The DVR is "off" when we watch normal TV on the HDMI1.   I've searched the internet for a solution, without success.  Any ideas?

By Michael Ausec, in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

• Awaiting best answer

• 0 votes
      • 2 answers
    • Question: LGApps Keep Popping Up When TV IS Turned On

% I have an LG TV Model OLED 65B6P-U. I operate it along with various other equipment using a Logitech Universal Remote and have used this without any problems for the past year.  I purchased the TV January 2017.   In the last week the options screen apps (things like Amazon, Netflix, Hulu etc.) pop up each time I turn on the TV. The only way to close them is to hit the back button on my LG remote, and then go back to my universal remote. I had to do some adjusting about a week ago that required me to use the LG remote and that’s when this problem started. I must have accidentally turned something on, since I have never had this problem before. Your help would be appreciated, how do I turn these pop ups off?    Some had said this could be related to a setting that the store uses on the sales floor for promotional reasons, but I checked and that is turned off as it should be.  This link provides with a pciture of the problem:    https://photos.app.goo.gl/whwIbgeVPi7pHDm53

By Morris, in LG webOS Smart TV App Questions

• Awaiting best answer

• 1 vote
      • 1 answer