Quantcast

• Own an LG TV or webOS device? Join our Forum!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

VictorMSK

LAN control while TV is powered off

Question

Hi everyone,

I'm very frustrated that the LG turns off the wifi/LAN control when the TV is in a stand by mode.

How stupid you have to be, to disable tv power on ? Do they think that a small web-server and activated LAN will consume 'too much' power? If so, they'd better get a job in McDonalds, not in LG. 

So my question is - is it possible to enable LAN control in stand by mode, or I have just to get rid of LG and put it on a blacklist, and finally get a Sony as I was going to do from the very beginning?

1 answer to this question

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• TV turns on during night bug

I currently have webos ver 04.70.45 lgwebostv uj670v   1. Under certain circumstances the TV will turn itself on during the night. After much testing it would appear that if a schedule program is due during the early hours while the TV is off it will turn itself on waking everyone. For example set a reminder for a program that starts at 11pm. Then if you turn your TV off at 10.30pm the TV will turn itself back on later. I suggest that there should be an additional check prior

in LG webOS Smart TV Discussion

• Automatic eye comfort mode

Please add the ability to have eye comfort mode turn off / on at set times. (Similar to night shift on iPhone) Or at least move the setting to an easier location to avoid digging through settings menus. I turn it on every evening to stop the light effecting my circadian rhythm, then off when watching TV during the day and this would be very convenient.

in LG webOS Wish List

• LG TV Settings Guide: What to Enable, Disable and Tweak

tom's guide - LG TV Settings Guide: What to Enable, Disable and Tweak by BRIAN WESTOVER Sep 26, 2017, 9:58 AM   Premium TVs are getting smarter, but they're also getting more complex. To help you learn the ins and outs of LG's newest smart TVs, we explored and cataloged the specifics of the LG E7 OLED (OLED65E7P), the newest premium smart TV the company currently offers. Because the LG E7 is the company's top-of-the-line option, the menus and features should be repres

• Auto Power Sync question

Hi, my first post here.   I have a "problem" for which I can't find a workaround. Please help.   LG 49SM8600 (webOS 4.5)   HDMI 1: IPTV from local provider (STB always on) HDMI 2 (ARC): LG Soundbar HDMI 3: Android box (Beelink GT)   I have Auto Power Sync turned on as I want the soundbar to be synced with TV's on/off state.   Also, the android box is synced (whether the box is on sleep or turned off).   The problem is that each time I turn my TV on input is automatically switched

• Question: How can I turn off Listening mode in WebOS 04.70.05

To all, I hope someone can help me. We recently bought an oled55e9 en we are actually quite pleased, apart from the wifi being to slow and sometime dropping. After doing some research I found many could resolve this by disbaling the 'Listening Mode' in settings for Screen Sharing.... My problems now: In the menu, under screen sharing, I can only delete existing connections, which we don't have In the smart menu I don't have an app screen sharing I cannot find th

in LG webOS Smart TV Questions