• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By News Reporter
      One of the major trends in consumer electronics, the ‘personalized user experience’ is something LG TV owners get to enjoy every day thanks to the abundance of convenient, customizable features and lifestyle services accessible via LG’s webOS platform.
      Since its launch in 2014, webOS has continued to evolve, offering increased functionality, services and options with each new update and version release. The latest webOS UI makes 2021 and 2022 LG TVs the ultimate home entertainment hubs – able to provide an ever-growing number of lifestyle apps, easier access to recommendations with the newly launched Life’s Good Hub and seamless mobile integration with effortless content mirroring.

Revamped to help users navigate the expansive list of services on offer, the new webOS Home Screen now includes the Life’s Good Hub section, where users can discover some of the latest lifestyle apps at the press of a button. The lifestyle section provides a curated selection of up to fifteen apps centered on improving a specific aspect of life at home, such as fitness, wellbeing or staying connected. A real time-saver, the new feature enables users to find services suited to their unique tastes and preferences, ‘handpicking’ the most relevant apps from the approximately 2,200 currently available* on the LG webOS platform.
      Another important consideration for today’s users is the mobile experience and cross-device compatibility. LG’s ThinQ app has been updated to make it easier to mirror content from mobile devices to LG TVs. Users will enjoy being able to switch from watching on their mobile to watching on the TV when playing content from a range of different sources, including major streaming services, LG Channels and LG Fitness.

The new lifestyle content that LG continues to bring to the webOS platform shows that the company understands and appreciates the ways in which consumers’ needs and lifestyles have changed in recent times. Take RemoteMeeting, for example: an easy-to-use video conferencing solution designed with the growing ranks of remote workers – and those wanting to catch up with friends and family in other places – in mind. Setting up the app on LG TV is fast and simple as it doesn’t require connection to a laptop or PC. From August 5, users signing up to RemoteMeeting will receive a free, 6-month membership, no matter where in the world they call home.

In an uncertain world, self-care is just as important as connecting with others, and for that LG’s latest TVs support apps such as Insight Timer. The popular meditation app is engineered to help users combat anxiety, stress and poor-quality sleep through an array of uplifting and relaxing content and wellness tools. LG 2021 and 2022 TV owners can enjoy Insight Timer free for 12-months, granting them access to 150,000 guided meditations, soothing music tracks and more.

Fitness is a key component of achieving personal wellbeing, too, which is why LG’s latest TVs offer several apps that can help users turn their living rooms into private workout studios. 305 Fitness, which features invigorating dance workouts with music from a live DJ and popular subscription workout apps such as MaxPro, Fiit TV and Flexit, will be arriving later this year.

Additionally, LG’s webOS 22-powered TVs will soon be welcoming the hotly-anticipated IDOLLIVE app. A dream come true for the world’s legions of K-pop fans, the app lets users stream a plethora of compelling K-pop content, including live performances, exclusive interviews and music videos, and offers subtitles in five different languages (English, Japanese, Indonesian, Mandarin and Thai).
      With an intuitive UI and a growing library of apps and services spanning entertainment, smart home management as well as personal growth and wellbeing, LG TVs with webOS continue to redefine the ‘personalized user experience’ and deliver a better life at home to consumers worldwide.
      # # #
      * App availability varies per region.

link hidden, please login to view
    • By BVinDR
      LG 43UQ7590 used as photo display. Put it into Hotel Mode and set IR Operation to Block All. This is to prevent the photo display from responding when I turn my main LG TV in the same room on and off. All OK. Then wanted to turn off Hotel Mode so entered the 1-1-0-5 sequence again. But did something wrong as now the Quick Access settings menu comes up. I can't exit that menu since the remote is blocked. Tried unplugging TV for a day - still the Quick Access menu comes up. Tried inserting a USB drive with updated firmware for the TV but can't select the Yes/No options to continue the update. Is my only hope getting a service remote? Thanks much.
    • By General Plot
      Hi. I have an LG OLED TV that I originally bought while living in the UK. Specifically, it’s model OLED65B8SLC. When I relocated back to the US, I shipped the TV home as well. I’ve since picked up a service remote and changed my original country code of 3123 (UK) to 1792 (US). Oddly, while everything else seemed to update just fine, it still shows HW settings are EU, despite the location in the menu as now showing as the US. Also, the continent index is 0, when I know it should be 10. This leads to no broadcast country being shown in the location menu. I’ve tried every US country code from 1792 to 1919, and none of them seem to change this. Are there any other possible US country codes anyone might know of worth trying? I’ve attached photos of my current location menu, along with how it looked before. Thanks.

• By alizadeh
      Hi, 

I was tying to change the settings on our LG TV to enable it for HD channel reception. We found instructions on the net to configure the "area option" in the hidden menu, however, they did not work. So, we thought that we need to change the country group to be able to receive the HD channels. Although we could not change the "country group code" from 20 to an arbitrary number, we change it to 10. After that, we have not been able to change it anymore. It is struck there. I know this is ridiculous, but an LG TV expert who is working in LG customer services told us that I could not change it either and we need to replace the IC. I shocked why with a simple change in one of the TV parameters, everything is got complicated. 

In details, here is the picture of the parameters currently set on the LG TV with the model number of 49LH549V-TD: 

Please tell me why I could not set the "country group code" to 20 once again? It is gray meaning that is unchangeable. Any ideas will be appreciated.

Best regards 
      Alizadeh 

• By News Reporter
      In its efforts to bring innovative technologies to the forefront in the discussion on building a more sustainable future, LG Electronics presented its selected startups from LG NOVA’s Mission for the Future challenge program on the world stage at the
      link hidden, please login to view in Davos, Switzerland and the in Toronto, Canada. Photo Credit:
      The top agenda at this year’s WEF conference was climate change and sustainability.  Three startups from LG NOVA – ,  and  – participated to share their solutions for greener mobility. During the week, the three presented their business solutions at the Climate Tech Showcase at the Hotel Seehof hosted by the Green Accelerator, sponsored by LG NOVA, and were later selected to pitch at the ’s “Best of Davos” event.
      (From left to right) Dr. Umut Genc, Cagri Selcuklu and Ain McKendrick
      Eatron is a fast-growing, UK-based automotive software company dedicated to making software-defined electric vehicles (EVs) a reality through edge computing, artificial intelligence and machine learning. Faction, founded in 2020, develops driverless EVs that have the speed and performance of conventional cars at a fraction of the cost. Faction uses three-wheel vehicles that are regulated as motorcycles, making them faster to develop and “right-sized” for many urban deliveries and trips. Duckt is a smart mobility startup that develops and operates docking, locking and charging infrastructure solutions for micro-mobility vehicles. Duckt is integrated across more than 20 mainstream vehicles, operating both in the United States and the European Union, covering 85 percent of the global market under one charging standard. “Attending WEF Davos together with the LG NOVA team was an eye-opening experience,” said Dr. Umut Genc, managing director of Eatron Technologies. “Not only did we pitch Eatron’s battery management system technology in front of leading sustainability players, but we also had the chance to have deep and meaningful discussions with the LG NOVA team and partners on further collaboration.”
      In addition to supporting startups in the First 50, LG NOVA participated in various keynotes, presentations and panels throughout the week. Patrick Lin, an entrepreneur-in-residence with the LG NOVA team, spoke at the Altru Institute about innovations in the EV sector. Will Barkis, head of ecosystem and grand challenges, presented a keynote at the Climate Technology showcase, while Limor Schafman, director of strategy and operations at LG NOVA, was a panelist on the practical implications for equal access at the House of Balance on the Davos Promenade.
      (Far right) Maria Dayton, director of ecosystems, spoke on a panel on impact investment at the Climate Technology showcase and the House of Balance on the Davos Promenade.
      Following the World Economic Forum event, the LG NOVA team headed to Toronto, Canada to join 33,000 attendees at the Collision Conference. The sold-out show was an opportunity for LG NOVA, alongside the LG Electronics Canada, to share the company’s message of innovation through collaboration with businesses to attendees from around the world.
      Photo Credit:
      With well over 1,200 startups in attendance and new startups exhibiting every day, representatives from LG NOVA, LG Canada and the LG Business Solutions Company had the opportunity to speak with hundreds of attendees, including startups, investors and accelerators, on LG’s innovative initiatives and LG NOVA’s annual Mission for the Future challenge program.

At the event, LG NOVA announced its that have been chosen to move forward in the 2021 Mission for the Future challenge.  The event provided an opportunity for LG NOVA to highlight three representative startups – , and , which represent Energizing Mobility, Connected Health and the Metaverse space, respectfully.
      I-EMS’s software solutions help electricity system operators, power utilities, microgrid developers, net-zero community developers and EV-fleet operators plan and operate their systems with minimum cost and maximum reliability and resiliency. A global precision health AI platform for enterprises, LifeNome’s Genomic AI engine leverages biological, physiological and behavioral data to personalized interventions, products and services for global health and wellbeing. YBVR’s technology brings live event emotions closer to fans through a personalized, immersive and interactive experience. Its turnkey solution provides the ability to turn live events into immersive streaming of extended reality (XR) video in real time with ultra-low lag across multiple devices. Both events provided great opportunities for LG and LG NOVA to not only showcase the future through its ongoing startup collaboration but to also create awareness for LG’s vision of innovating to improve the quality of life and efforts toward building a better future.
      # # #