Quantcast

time machine question

Question

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

15 answers to this question

Bought the 55lb6300 and can't find time machine anywhere. Was told by lg that this function isn't available on the 2014 models...does anyone know if this is true? Thanks for any help

On the 2014 models it is called "time machine 2", and as I understand it, it is only available once you connect an USB disk. 

/H

Thanks guys for the responses.....hooked up a 500 gig hdd in usb1 but nothing shows up as a recorder or time machine...the hdd shows up under devices but I can't record to it...I do have to use a cable box and hdmi cable so was now wondering if that's the problem? Maybe can only record from LIVE TV which for me would require a regular house antenna.

Thanks guys for the responses.....hooked up a 500 gig hdd in usb1 but nothing shows up as a recorder or time machine...the hdd shows up under devices but I can't record to it...I do have to use a cable box and hdmi cable so was now wondering if that's the problem? Maybe can only record from LIVE TV which for me would require a regular house antenna.

Well you should be able to record when you use the built in DVB-T2 tuner (that is how we do it). Don't know about using external decoders and set top boxes... I doubt it will work, but the manual should provide assistance, or make a call to LG support.

/H

you may have to format it to ntfs file system as a lot of devices cant see it if the drive is more than 4 gig,i think

47LB630V-ZA Italy

I had time machine installed on my TV even if i didnt connect a usb hdd. I tried to have it work with usb stick but didnt record. Now it works properly with 500GB usb hdd.

I think your problem might be country services limitation. Don't know why, but LG limits some services in some countries.

My TV is imported and I am having problems with mhp services... LG customer service replied that if not present in menu settings it means that mhp is not supported in my tv due to country limitation... so disappointed!!!!

How to record cable TV with LG Time Machine?

I did all the LG instructions recommended, but when I press "Record" I get the error:  "Recording is not available for analogue channels". 

What a nonsense? I got digital cable TV connected to my LG 32LV5500 model. Is there something I can do to overcome this problem or is 

"LG - Life is really that bad?  Thank you in advance for your good advice.

Warm Regards, from Joh in St'go de Chile

Only now I found out that... cable TV cannot be recorded with LG TM for personal viewing!! What a load of bull that is!  - Now I feel cheated by LG, because they did not inform or warn me in their user manual... that TM is can only record TV from an antenna source.

Here in St'go de Chile TV signal are reflected/ badly distorted by mountains and so, TV viewers are forced to buy cable and so, unable to record the TV program with TM.

Now what? LG offers no help at all! All they told me is that only antenna TV can be recorded and that cable TV is blocked by HDCP.

Question: How to solve this problem? Do I have to seek China's help...? Is there a filter, which cleans this coaxial TV cable of this HDCP filth/madness for private use? 

The short and the long suggestions:

Short:  use an HDMI-to HDMI splitter to connect to your TV (even though you are only using one of the output connections). The splitter will nullify HDCP.  (Google online for splitters known to work this way. In theory only all splitters should work this way, but a few have built HDCP in.)

Long: buy a recorder such as the magnavox MDR867H. Since the only input to the recorder is RCA (yellow-white-red), attach a HDMI-in RCA-out splitter. Now send your input to the recorder. For output use an HDMI cable. Because the input was RCA, the output is not blocked by HDCP. So you can watch and record on TV. The picture looks pretty good, but not as good as the "short" solution above.

On 30/06/2016 at 9:45 PM, jxrich said:

Short:  use an HDMI-to HDMI splitter to connect to your TV (even though you are only using one of the output connections). The splitter will nullify HDCP.  (Google online for splitters known to work this way. In theory only all splitters should work this way, but a few have built HDCP in.)

I would be surprised if the LG allows you record from an input (although I admit, I don't know for sure) as I would expect the feature is tied in to the DVB (digital terrestrial) decoder, and intended for timeshiftimg programs.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.