Quantcast

PreCentral: Save Business Search results to your Contact List

News Reporter

Google Maps Share ResultsPerforming a search in webOS for a business is one of the easiest tasks, simply by performing a google search right from

link hidden, please login to view
or by using a variety of apps that have . You can quickly get an address, phone number or even the hours of operation, but once you navigate off that search results page, the data is gone and would require you to perform another search in the future. While that isn’t a difficult task to repeat, some of those apps will give you option to save the result to your contact list so you can bring it up again in the future, even if you don't have a network connection.

While there are quite a few apps that allow you to save a business search result as a contact, there are two that we find to work best: and Jan Herman's (72ka) . WhitePages wins out in pure speed to bring up your search query, and also includes residential (people) searches as well as business searches. We have found that the Google Maps app takes a little extra time to load up before you can search, but you are rewarded with additional information in the contact record, such as hours of operation and website address. In both cases, the contact record will be added to your default synergy account

To add a contact from White Pages, just perform a search, select on the result you want and then tap the White Pages add to contact button on the bottom of the screen. You will then have the option to add the phone number and address to an existing contact or create a new one.

To add a contact from the Google Maps app, you also start by performing a search (from within the app, tap on the "Google Maps" section of the header bar to bring up a search box). Find the result on the map and tap the Google Maps info popup icon to bring up an additional pop-up, then select the "Info" option to view a detailed results page. Then all you need to do is tap the Google Maps share icon on the bottom right and choose the "Add to contacts" options in the resulting pop-up. Unlike in the WhitePages all, the only choice you have to is create a new record.

is available in the webOS App Catalog for free while  is available in the webOS Nation homebrew feed in Preware or webOS Quick Install.

mf.gif

a2t.img2FRDFTIX-XM

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Luka Pantsulaia
      I bought LG smart tv. for some reason region selected was Africa and could only choose from african countries and had very little available apps in content store. I live in Georgia, so figured that  changing region to EU would help so changed it to 3122 and selected service country UK because Georgia was not in the list. after that every app says that it is not available in current country. I have  default region code saved so I guess could go back but wondering if any one can help me to get it working in EU. or if anyone have region code in which Georgia is available it will be helpful as well. 
    • By 5zwed
      Hi,
      I've recently bought a 65QNED913PA TV (currently with latest official software) and I connected my Bluetooth headset to it - Jabra Elite 85t. Whenever I try to use pause button on my headset (while watching YouTube, Netflix, Disney,...) sound gets muted, but video does not pause. When I push the button again sound comes back and nothing else happens. Should my TV support pausing video from my headset or this does not work by default?
      Regards
      Maciej

SUPPORT MENU
    • By qUArtEx
      Hi to all! 
      I'm really new into this and have a problem. My 2018 LG 55UJ635V-ZF has only webOS 3 (latest; ethernet-automatic download) an i can't use airplay or miracast. The apps i found in the store for mirroring are only pay2use to use this needed feature for me.
      On the LG Homepage i can't find an upgrade for my TV an maybe is my tv really to old for upgrades or am i wrong?
      Maybe someone can help me out or bring some light for me in this.
      I also found the suggestions on this site for the firmware 4.70.70 (for the UJ's), but i can't download....error.
      sorry for my bad english 🙂
      thx for your help, quartex.
    • By GiotisCy
      Hello, 
      I have recently purchased an LG C2 Oled TV which I connected with my Samsung HW-Q800B 5.1 soundbar via eArc HDMI. When I select "Passthrough" as a Digital Sound Output on LG TV sound advanced settings, there is an obvious sound response delay around 3 seconds when I pause and unpause the movie on Netflix or Prime video streaming apps on LG TV. For example, when I start the movie, the video starts and sound starts 2-3 secs later. When I pause the movie, the sound continues for 2-3 secs after the video has been stopped. There is no any lip sync issue, just this response delay of the sound from the soundbar. This happens only on LG TV Apps. If I connect to an external HDMI device such as AMAZON Fire Stick 4K, there is no such sound delay issue neither on Netflix neither on Prime Video. 
      Thus, the problem seems to be on LG TV apps.
      If I change the Digital Sound Output to "Auto" instead of "Passthrough" the issue is gone but sound quality is not as good as with Passthrough selected. So I do not want this to be my option.
      I would appreciate if someone could come with a solution on this. 

• By codepoet
      Greetings Touchpad users! The webOS Nation Forums went down this month -- unceremoniously redirected to some crappy review site, despite the community's pleas to let us save or preserve it in some fashion. As a result, we're looking here (and other places) for some kind of community forum!
      For those who visit here, I wanted to let you know that despite all recent set-backs, the legacy webOS community is alive and well, still using our Touchpads, Pres, Pixis and Veers in 2023!
      Resources to get online, apps to try out, and lots of other things to do can be found at webosarchive.org
      We've also got a Discord server going -- it even connects to webOS Devices, through a modern app called SimpleChat. Come join us at docs.webosarchive.org/community