Quantcast

PreCentral: Touch-to-share a Facebook Tablet photo

News Reporter

Touch to Share

was a grand concept introduced with the TouchPad, Pre3 and Veer to be able to share data between two devices by simply tapping them together. Unfortunately, the initial implementation of TTS only allowed you to share web page URLs, and it never even came to the Veer in the promised software update to webOS 2.2.  So, unless you have a Pre3 and a TouchPad (or two TouchPads), you are seemingly just limited to sending website address to and from the browser app.

It turns out, though, you are not just limited to the browser app to share these website addresses. We have already seen utilize touch-to-share to send the website address to view photos on a second device, and now forum member kmoll3ster noticed that the also includes a Touch-to-share feature. If you are viewing a photo from within the Facebook Tablet app and then Touch-to-share with another TouchPad or Pre3, the browser will launch and load up the facebook.com website for that photo. Not exactly an extremely useful feature, but one that exists nonetheless and only for photos, as it does not work with other articles or posts. And be aware that this is a one-way feature as it's only built into the TouchPad's Facebook app and not the smartphone version, although you can use to install Facebook Tablet on your Pre3 to send it from a Pre3 to a TouchPad.

Thanks to for this tip!

mf.gif

a2t.img53JrqNWZc8E

link hidden, please login to view

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By sweb
      How can i share via ubuntu. LG webos based on linux. it's funny we dont have share screen using ubuntu desktop.
      How can share my ubuntu desktop via lg webos?
    • By ROSSMAN
      I am creating a streaming application, where user can access a list of mkv files from my server, Mkv is not supported in web browsers and it is not loading properly within my webOS web app.
      I cannot modify my files to another video format.
      Is there a native player for LG WebOS that I can embed into my web application ?
      Is there any video player with web sdk to play mkv on a smart tv.
      Ps: my videos are working well on chrome, as for Firefox or Safari, it tells me that the format is not supported.
    • By lgoledtv
      After updating to the latest web browser with new user interface on LG C9, subtitles on all streaming websites disappears every 2-3mins.
      Video continues to play without subs. The subtitles will re-appear if I move the magic remote but disappears again after 3mins.
      Should be a widespread issue as it's also happening on Youtube.com videos with subs. Un-related but Play/Stop button on magic remote also stop working on the new browser.

• By Marko D
      Subtitles as well as all html elements beside video disappear on every website after 2 minutes. The only way to bring them back is to activate cursor with magic remote. This started happening around the beginning of July when new LG browser update rolled out. I managed to get around this by resetting TV to factory settings and evading browser update. This worked until 23rd of July when Web OS update came along . Thinking that problem might be solved i installed it. Turns out this update just integrated this browser error into the OS and now even after resetting to factory the problem cant be avoided. LG had just made the error which could be evaded by downgrading browser mandatory instead of fixing it. This is disgrace. If I had a company with 5 employees the update with error would have never entered circulation and even if it did I would not issue another update which would make error impossible to evade. LG has only billions of dollars and tens of thousands of employees and they do not notice such a major problem even after they have been informed by the users.
    • By majtemp
      Hello,
      After updating my LG TV to the latest firmware I saw a new option:
       It is "Bluetooth Speaker Volume":

Before this update, I used to connect to my Bluetooth headphones quicker because the option "Connect" was the FIRST OPTION.
      Now It is the second option and I have to press down every time to highlight "Connect".

Why replacing "Connect" with this disabled option "Bluetooth Speaker Volume" ?!

This is annoying because my TV fails to detect my headphones automatically so I have to go to this menu every day and select "Connect" manually. ☹️
      Making "Bluetooth Speaker Volume" the first option just made this process more annoying because now I have to press more buttons.

My simple request is:
      Make "Connect" the first option.

Thanks.