Quantcast

• Own an LG TV or webOS device? Join our Forum!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

Sign in to follow this  
NewsDummy

PreCentral: Touch-to-share a Facebook Tablet photo

Touch to Share

link hidden, please login to view
was a grand concept introduced with the TouchPad, Pre3 and Veer to be able to share data between two devices by simply tapping them together. Unfortunately, the initial implementation of TTS only allowed you to share web page URLs, and it never even came to the Veer in the promised software update to webOS 2.2.  So, unless you have a Pre3 and a TouchPad (or two TouchPads), you are seemingly just limited to sending website address to and from the browser app.

It turns out, though, you are not just limited to the browser app to share these website addresses. We have already seen

utilize touch-to-share to send the website address to view photos on a second device, and now forum member kmoll3ster noticed that the
also includes a Touch-to-share feature. If you are viewing a photo from within the Facebook Tablet app and then Touch-to-share with another TouchPad or Pre3, the browser will launch and load up the facebook.com website for that photo. Not exactly an extremely useful feature, but one that exists nonetheless and only for photos, as it does not work with other articles or posts. And be aware that this is a one-way feature as it's only built into the TouchPad's Facebook app and not the smartphone version, although you can use
to install Facebook Tablet on your Pre3 to send it from a Pre3 to a TouchPad.

Thanks to

for this tip!

mf.gif

a2t.img53JrqNWZc8E

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Topics

• By dankoj
      Is there an LG WebOS-TV App that allows the simple play of a video file from an SMB (Windows) share. DNLA is very inconvenient, and there are no user access rights.
      I want to browse shared folders (from my NAS), select a video file, click, watch, and then delete it.
    • By Michael Cutts
      I don’t use screen share.  Suddenly SCREEN SHARE is showing up highlighted when I am trying to select the HDMI that I need to be using.  However, since SCREEN SHARE is already highlighted and will not go away, it keeps everything else with exception from antenna tv from working.  I have gone into the SCREEN SHARE APP  and was able to deactivate the sound.  Could not figure out away to cancel completely.  Please help!
    • By Paulo Sousa
      Hi
      TV model is 43UM7500 with latest webOs version. Trying to mirror my laptop, but cant see on tv menu the Screen Share app... What am I missing???
      Thanks!
      p

• By ironmonkey
      After using this LG "Smart TV" for about 2 years now, i can honestly say that it is one of the worst products i have ever paid for.
      Constant and ongoing problems have long ago woken me up to the fact that i am never going to get what i paid for, or even enjoy using what is still being touted as a "Smart TV" even though after two years of disappointments though constant errors, freezing, crashing, lack of memory, lack of usable apps, lack of support (both through the product and through LG) Upgrades that dont actually upgrade anything and the ongoing lack of support for anything that is worth using through the Web Browser.
      The lastest downgrade for this TV is the lack of support for YouTube through the Web Browser. I have seen a message at the top of the page within YouTube for some months arning that LG will soon stop supporting YouTube though the Web Browser. A few weeks ago this happened literally over night. I turned my TV on and went to use YouTube only to find that it just did not load, when it does load, its is so bad that you simply can not use the site. I thought about this and why LG would do this and i honestly think that this is their attempt to fix the problem with LG TV's having so little onboard memory that their TV's can not and do not work properly while using the Web Browser for more than 20 minutes without a forced close down.
      So now they are forcing you to use the apps instead of the Web Browser and stopping support for anything that they can not monetarise through allowing the use of apps on their TV's. But the app is not stable and crashes or simply does not load, its quite ugly to use and not intuitive at all. But this is what we are now being forced to use.
      Its becomes painfully obvious very quickly that LG dont allow you to change the Web Browser that they choose, you can not download another, because they dont want you to do that and too be honest, there simply is not enough onboard memory to allow for choice.
      In conclusion, i will predict that its only a matter of time before they stop supporting the Web Browser all together and then they will have to take the word "Smart" out of all discription of their TV's.  

• By Khaled wally
      LG smart not working fine with shahid VIP although other devices at home like Samsung doing fine
      Original Content From: https://www.lgwebos.com/?forumId=34&do=add