Quantcast

PreCentral: SynerGV 2 bringing Google Voice messaging integration to webOS phones

News Reporter

SynerGV 2 on phones

Touchpad owners who use

link hidden, please login to view
received a treat last month when was released into the App Catalog and voicemail transcription within the stock webOS Messaging app. But webOS phone owners were still left using the original SynerGV app without the due to differences between webOS 2.0 and 3.0. With its latest update to version 2.0.8, Eric Blade, the developer of SynerGV 2, has now begun to add support for those messaging plug-ins for phones running webOS 2.1 or higher. Unfortunately, you won't find SynerGV 2 in the App Catalog just yet because the app itself isn't yet ready for webOS smartphones. The messaging plugins may work, but the app isn't formatted correctly and you can't access critical areas of the functionality.

Just because you can't load up SynerGV 2 in the App Catalog on your phone doesn't necessarily mean that you can't partake in its goodies. If you have a TouchPad to purchase the app and know how to homebrew, you can use Preware and to install it on your phone. Once installed, just open up the and you should have an option to add a "SynerGV Google Voice" account using your Google email address and password. Be sure to allow the account to use both Contacts and Messaging when prompted.  Once synced up, you will be able to use send and receive messages through Google Voice and get your voice transcriptions without the need of any third party app.

Just as with the synergy service on the TouchPad, there are still a few limitations. While sending messages are instantaneous, there is no push service for receiving messages. Instead, it pulls down the messages based off a time period you set in the preferences section of the SynerGV 2 app (that part of the app still works).  To combat this, you may still want to use Google's official SMS notifications of new messages and then just respond using the SynerGV plugin service. 

In addition, while you can send a new message through Google Voice to any number that you manually type in, you will only be able to , including via . If you have all your contacts already in Google, this is a non issue. But if you rely on your webOS profile or Facebook for your friend's numbers, then you are out of luck unless you manually type in their number or they initiate the conversation first so you just need to respond within that conversation.

If you decide to load up SynerGV 2 on your phone, remember that you are installing an app and service that is not officially released for your device. You are essentially a beta tester of the service until the time that the developer decides to release it into the App Catalog. However, if you are a Google Voice user and have either already purchased for your TouchPad or have $4.99 to spend, you may want to give it a shot. Even with it's shortcomings, having Google Voice messaging and voicemails integrated directly into the stock webOS messageing app is worth it.

mf.gif

a2t.imgh0oAZfM3iFc

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Calvinder
      A couple days ago My LG Oled voice recognition stopped working.
      If I speak to it it just says "Voice not recognized"
      I have tried many things I found online to fix this issue with no luck.
      One suggestion was to go to Settings>all settings>general>AI Service>Voice recognition service and change to LG ThinQ.
      But the  Voice recognition service tab is gone. There is only voice recognition settings tab 
      I would rather not have to reset to factory settings unless there is a way to save / export my current seating's
      Any suggestions  

Thanks 

• By SMKoch
      I've had an LG OLED65C9PUA for years and have never had this problem until very recently.
      Now every time I try to use the voice command to enter a search sequence, the "SPEAK NOW" activates and shuts off within half a second. It doesn't matter how I activate the voice command function or what app I'm using that has the function built in. Such as YouTube or even the Web Browser or whether I activate the voice search with the onscreen microphone icon or the microphone key on the remote. All voice command attempts shut down within half a second. There isn't even time enough for anything said to be recognized or even "not recognized".
      Fresh batteries have no effect on the problem. Turning the TV off and back on has no effect on the problem. Removing and replacing the batteries has no effect on the problem. Reregistering the remote to the TV via the extended holding of the GUIDE button has no effect.
      How do I restore the voice command function for the remote?
    • By News Reporter
      Unveiled globally as a pivotal step in LG’s brand reinvention, the ‘Life’s Good with Optimism’ campaign is a vibrant celebration of a rejuvenated brand persona. Presenting a more dynamic and youthful brand identity, it encourages customers to approach life with optimism amid global uncertainty. LG has passionately aspired to share the revitalised brand philosophy and personify the essence of Life’s Good, while empowering people to find positivity in their everyday lives.
      Following the
      link hidden, please login to view, LG Australia celebrated the campaign with a series of media activities and a celebration with employees at its new Australian offices in Parramatta, Sydney. The company showcased how the recognisable Life’s Good slogan, first coined in Australia in 1999 as a reflection of the Aussie zest for life, inspires the next generation to embrace life with bravery.
      LG collaborated with campaign ambassador and renowned musician turned athlete , whose journey embodies the characteristics of brave optimism, overcoming challenges and defying expectations. Ahead of the celebrations, Cody Simpson spoke with Channel 7 Sunrise and News Corporation about the campaign and his story of being an ambassador and approaching life with positivity, in a bid to carve his own path. Sunrise ran a week-long LG product giveaway with the LG StanbyME, LG TONE earbuds and LG gram – innovations that align with the wants and needs of young Australians.

Prior to his interview, Cody participated in an inspiring panel discussion at the Life’s Good with Optimism celebratory, hosted at LG’s new Australian office. Livestreamed from his training pool on the Gold Coast in Queensland, Australia, Cody was joined by author and artist Emma Carey and LG Australia Marketing Director, Gemma Lemieux, for a discussion about optimism and positivity, facilitated by Australian media personality and Sunrise consumer correspondent Shaun White.

Discussing what is behind the campaign in Australia with Gemma Lemieux, Cody and Emma shared pivotal moments where embracing optimism set them on a path to lead better lives. Media, influencers and LG Australia employees around the country listened to the panel both in person and virtually, where Cody shared more about his late-in-life career change, while Emma talked about her journey of learning to walk again after falling 14,000 feet (about half the height of Mount Everest) in a skydiving accident.
      Meanwhile, a Life’s Good reporter circled the local Parramatta area and the LG office interviewing consumers and employees on camera to better understand and uncover what locally are the sources of happiness and optimism for the future.

The Life’s Good with Optimism campaign was not complete without celebrating LG Australia’s employees. Upon arrival to the office, each staff member was greeted with a heart-shaped cookie and at their desk, a red candy apple awaited featuring an optimism affirmation and a red heart-shaped balloon.

In a bid to reiterate the brand-love employees have for LG, they were invited to complete the ‘Optimism Tour’, taking part in a series of activities for their chance to win prizes. From playing giant jenga and shooting a hole-in-one at mini putt-putt to capturing a photo for the ‘Life’s Good Mosaic Mural’ and taking on a colleague in a game of ping-pong, employees had the chance to let their hair down and truly experience Life’s Good.

LG’s Life’s Good with Optimism campaign activation reflected the company’s commitment to positivity, inspiring individuals in Australia and around the world, and creating meaningful influence in challenging times.
      To read more about LG’s Life’s Good campaign, visit .
      Contributed by LG Australia
      # # #

• By 152bobby
      I have been trying to get my Google Home and Nest Audio Speakers to turn my LG OLED65C24LA TV on and off.   I have linked ThinQ to Google Home but it still wouldn't work.  So plan B was to get a Chromecast to do this one simple voice activated request....I have no intentions of using Chromecast for anything else!
      So this actually does work, however, when asking it to turn the TV on, it defaults to the home page of Chromecast TV, I want it to just open to my normal TV system, which is Sky Q.  Ideally, I would like to disconnect the Chromecast and just get Google Home and ThinQ to do this !!
      I have checked every setting and trawled the internet for a solution.  I've posted on the AV Forum in the UK and the Google Forum and I'm waiting on a call back from LG Support UK.
      I expected this to be a VERY simple task !!
      Can anyone help with this ?
    • By Maor
      Hi !
      I am going to buy a new LG TV, probably - which comes with WebOS (not android TV). Now, one of the features I really liked with Android TV is the ability to set ambient mode with chosen google photos albums. Is it possible also with WebOS? (without connecting any external streamer, I prefer to use the TV operating system).

Thanks!
      Maor