Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

Sign in to follow this  
NewsDummy

PreCentral: App Review: Ninja Camp

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Forum Topics

• Question: LGOLED C8 - It powers on, I get a quick “webOS” and then the screen goes black again. The remote has new batteries. This is just after getting it out of the bos and the stand attached. What is going on?

LGOLED C8 - It powers on, I get a quick “webOS” and then the screen goes black again.  The remote has new batteries.  This is just after getting it out of the bos and the stand attached.  What is going on? 

By retireandgo, in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

• Awaiting best answer

• 0 votes
      • 2 answers
    • Question: New Quick Menu (2.0)

Dear All, I saw on new WebOS 3.5/4.0 is available this feature New Quick Menu (2.0) On official LG website.com you can see how is possibile to do like provides editable welcome message, date/time and other frequently used menus in the form of bar, etc.. The question is, do you know the specs of resolution, format, dimension related to the supported contentents (logo/image) in the New Quick Menu (2.0)? Thank you 

By Andrea Tedesco, in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

• Awaiting best answer
      • 0 votes
      • 0 answers
    • [pivotCE]A Quick Tour of webOS OSE on the Raspberry Pi

The release of fresh webOS code from LG in the form of webOS Open Source Edition was unexpected. There’s been some interest in what exactly it is. Fortunately, web developer, Garrett Downs has the Raspberry Pi 3 needed to run the code and we have a guest post with his first impressions: When I saw a tweet from @webOSdev announcing webOS OSE was available to install on a Raspberry Pi 3, I knew what I’d be doing that night after work. Unfortunately, the process to build it requires hours of time and a computer running Linux natively (virtual machines are not recommended). I didn’t have either of those things. Luckily, someone had already built it and made the image available to download. Sweet! I put the image on a SD card, loaded it into my Pi, and powered it up. After booting, you’re greeted with a nice splash screen with the webOS OSE logo in the corner. The recommended first thing to do is go into settings and connect to ethernet or Wi-Fi, so that’s what I did. That’s actually the only thing you can do in the settings right now. The only other section contains some basic info about the OS and that’s it. Alright, how about apps? As this is the very first version of the project, I wasn’t expecting much here. Pressing F1 on the keyboard triggers the app menu to slide in from the right side of the screen. There are three “apps” in there, but they’re nothing more than website wrappers. ‘Enact’ and ‘webOS OSE’ will bring you to two sites with lots of info about the OSE project and how to get started developing. The third is ‘YouTube’, which is obviously a YouTube app. I haven’t tried signing into my Google account, but videos on the landing page work just as they should. The interface doesn’t have cards like we know them from old webOS or the small tiles of webOS TV. I’m not sure how webOS OSE handles switching between apps. They only really told us how to open the app list. I’m curious to learn more about this. I’d say that this is a pretty barebones OS in its current form. It seems to be the TV OS with a lot of the stuff removed (or just not accessible yet?), like the apps along the bottom of the homescreen, content store, most of the settings, etc. I think it’s enough for developers to start poking around though. I don’t know if it’s touchscreen-enabled, but I would assume so. So, that’s all there is to see for now, at least from an end user’s point of view. If you happen to be an app developer like me, there are already some tools on the webOS OSE site to get started tinkering. I’ve had some limited success getting a couple of my apps up and running. If you’re looking to dig deeper than app dev, the entire project is open source so feel free to dive right in! The documentation for app development seems to be pretty decent considering how new this project is. If you don’t want to bother setting up a Raspberry Pi, I made a short video showing most of what I mentioned above. Related posts: The First Day of webOS-mas – webOS Quick Install Enyo Next-Gen enters private beta testing webOS meetup, Chicago, 17th April View the full article

By pivotCE, in pivotCE News

• 0 replies
    • Is webOS Ready To Move Beyond TVs?

With today's announcement from LG on open sourcing webOS OSE, LG's Chief Technology officer said , “webOS has come a long way since then and is now a mature and stable platform ready to move beyond TVs.” So what does this actually mean? We know LG has put webOS on a smart fridge and projector, but could other appliances or possibly even phones be on the list? Maybe not directly for LG but what they probably want to see, is the usage of webOS in other technology and form factors with a common tie-back to LG. HP tried to do the same with the Open webOS Project that didn;t go anywhere and the domain is not coming up online today.  Open WebOS reborn as LuneOS for mobile devices which also saw little adoption.  With this latest release, does LG have the push to make it something HP could not? That's the real question and only time will tell. In teh end, it's all about users for an OS to survive even though there are plenty of nostalgic Palm and HP webOS fans keeping their fingers crossed for a webOS powered smart phone or tablet. Articles on today's release: https://www.slashgear.com/lg-webos-open-source-edition-kicks-off-global-trek-19523548/ https://www.theverge.com/2018/3/19/17138246/free-webos-open-source-download Check out the graphic where we see a tablet, media player, TV...and what is assumed to be a graphic for AI possibly....  

By Alex, in LG webOS Wish List

• 1 reply
    • Question: DirecTV RVU "This Location not Authorized" message on LG DirecTV Ready TV

I have a LG OLED65C6P TV which is a listed as a DirecTV 4k Ready TV. It currently has SW File Version 05.30.02 and the DirecTV Ready app version 2.2.14. My home network is wired for full Gigabit and I will used a wired connection over wireless whenever possible. I have DirecTV with a Genie Gen 2 (HR44-700).  The DirecTV app on the LG OLED65C6P was activated last February and everything was working without any problems until recently.  Everything is hooked up using DirecTV's "official" setup for RVU client viewing using DECAs where required. About 3 weeks ago, the TV started displaying the message "This location is not authorized" after attempting to connect to the Genie receiver.  The only thing that changed is that DirecTV updated my Genie with Software 0x80d.    It seems that I am not the only person experiencing this problem.  I was hoping that someone over here at LG's support community may be able provide some help. There are posts by people on the AT&T Community Forums on this issue.  Here is a link to that thread...
      https://forums.att.com/t5/Watching-DIRECTV/quot-Location-not-Authorized-quot-error-message-on-LG-OLED-with/td-p/5248047 There are some posts by people on the DBSTalk Forums on this issue as well.  Here is a link to that thread...
      https://www.dbstalk.com/community/index.php?threads/0x80d-rvu-issues.225230/ Does LG need to update the DirecTV (RVU) app on my TV?  Do they need to update the LG webOS software or does the TV Firmware need an update? If so, how long will this take?  How do I get LG to do this?  

By adutchman, in LG webOS Smart TV App Questions

• Awaiting best answer

• 1 vote
      • 5 answers