Quantcast

Annoying problem on certain BBC programmes

Birkso

Question

Have an LG55Nano which works well apart from when on specific BBC shows whereby whenever there is a switch if camera, say from contestants to host and vice versa, there is an extremely annoying flickering motion that takes place. May sound petty but any visitors comment on how distracting it can be.

Happens constantly on Richard Osmans House of Games, Impossible, Pointless and similar BBC programmes. Reported it but was told I had to get video clips for them to assist despite it being less than a year old. Life's too short. Any advice very welcome.

2 answers to this question

Do you have any devices connected via HDMI? For example a DVD player, or a set-top-box or PVR? If so, check the cables are not low spec or bad. I had that exact issue, and it was an old/cheap HDMI cable, and even when NOT using that port, it would affect a TV channel display.

• Thanks 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Tsmt
      Hello,
      I have a problem with the subtitles when I try to share a video wirelessly directly from my PC to my LG 55SM9010PLA TV. I am not talking about sharing the whole screen (it lags a bit), just the video itself. 
      Sharing the video itself works well, but randomly the TV randomly does not recognise the subtitle, the sub option is not active in the TV menu, and there are no subtitles. It is in the same folder on my PC as the movie (.mkv), with the same name. In case of some movies it works, in case of others not, and I do not see the reasons why.
      First I tought it is becouse the format of the subtitle needs to be ".sub", becouse it worked with one movie. So I have learnt how to convert properly ".srt" to ".sub" - but still no success.
      Then I realised, in the case of another movie ".srt" worked on the TV, so I got really confused.
      I see no logic behind it.  Could you help me, what is the key here, what am I missing?
      Thank you!

• By toopie28
      Hi can someone help please. 
      I purchased this TV as I was assured that I could move TV stations in whichever order I wished. For example, channel 23 can be moved to channel 1. 
      Under edit all programmes, it only gives me 2 options. Lock/unlock and skip/restore. 
      Software has the latest updates. It's under Antenna DTV. 
      Not sure what else to try.
      Thanks! 

• By Puja aingh
      Respected Sir 🙏
            LG WEBOS LED TV MODEL NO 32LK628BPTF AUTOMATIC WIFI CONNECT IS DISCONNECTED

PLEASE SOLVE THIS ISSUES 
    • By petersteinmeijer
      Hello
      Every week ( or so ) I get this ( see photo ) on my TV. 
      I can click it away, but, as I said, it keeps coming back.
      This doesn't seem to affect my TV, but it is annoying.
      I don't know if any action on my part is required but if not how do I stop it from reappearing ?
      thanks
      Peter

(  [LG} webOS TV UM7100PLB  )

• By ergoproxy
      Good evening, I have a Smart LG 24MT49S PZ television and for a few days now I can no longer access the installed apps or the various settings, the television starts the apps and settings for a few seconds and then closes them a few seconds later making me return to the channel I was watching . Since, as specified, even the functions in the television menu are not accessible, it is not even possible for me to try to reset the television, does anyone know how I can proceed? Waiting for your reply, I send you my best regards.