Quantcast

• Own an LG TV or webOS device? Join our Forum!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

Sign in to follow this  
NewsDummy

PreCentral: Enyo 2 officially out of beta and available to the masses

Enyo 2 officially out of beta and available to the masses

Break out the cigars and pop the champagne because Enyo 2 is finally out of beta and available to the masses!

link hidden, please login to view
s beta progress way back in March where Beta 3 delivered sliders and progress bars to the Onyx user interface within Enyo. Since then the Enyo crew has been hard at work to get the framework out of beta and available to the public despite

"So what's new?", you ask. Well first up they have added several new Onyx widgets. Now a handy developer can make use of  Menu, Picker, Tooltip, Tree, Drawer, Scrim, and “MoreToolbar,” a responsive toolbar that adapts to different screen widths from the Onyx widgets library. Next up there is a snazzy new

to help those interested familiarize themselves with what Enyo 2 has to offer. Last but certainly not least, there is a new contributor process that will allow code contributors to be able to submit larger quantities of code while keeping the codebase Apache 2.0-compatible. Oh and before we forget, the Enyo website has received a sexy new makeover!

We know that is a lot for the layman to take in but ultimately it means that Enyo 2 is ready to roll. Whereas Enyo in its birth was built around the TouchPad, Enyo 2.0 is platform agnostic and will allow developers to use it regardless of the platform they wish to code for. It makes us feel all warm and fuzzy inside that Enyo will carry on the web-centric legacy of webOS regardless of the fate of our most loved mobile OS. So in essence a little piece of webOS will always live on so long as developers take to Enyo which we have a hunch they will.  

mf.gif

a2t.imgpBs7fe6rORc

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Topics

• By Alex
      LG's webOS 6.0 smart TVs have a new UI, NFC-equipped remote
      The new smart TV software from LG also has more voice commands for use with Alexa or Google Assistant

Seven years after introducing webOS as the platform for its Smart TV lineup, LG is introducing version 6.0 with a new look and feel for its 2021 4K and 8K TVs. The old blade lineup of apps is gone, with a more modern tile-based layout. LG Home Entertainment president Park Hyoung-sei calls this “the most significant update since we first introduced webOS in 2014.”

An upgraded version of its ThinQ AI has more voice command control than ever whether you’re using Google Assistant or Amazon Alexa. For traditional control, this year’s edition of its Magic Remote is a bit more standard than some of the previous versions, but also includes NFC for the first time, which allows users to share content from phone to TV (and back) simply by tapping it.
      The new software includes Magic Explorer, which can pull up related content about actors, locations and items of interest for “select broadcast channels, while Next Picks analyzes viewing preferences to suggest things you might like. There’s no word on opt-in or opt-out preferences for these settings, but we’ll ask about them as the show progresses next week. It’s also unclear whether the updates will extend to older TVs in LG’s lineup, one way or another, the old HP software platform is still rolling on, powering new OLEDs and LCDs for another year.
      News source: 
    • By JigB
      As of a few days ago, my OLED65B7A started showing strange pixelation on the WebOS UI. My Directv that is plugged into the HDMI port shows just fine but using the WebOS UI to scroll through apps or look at the settings, or even inside apps like Netflix or Prime, etc., the strange pixelation occurs (once a Netflix/Prime show starts, it's fine). It's as if the front interface layer or something is broken but not the main viewing screen/area?
      Does anyone know what is going on? I've reset the TV to initial settings and ran the Pixel Refresher.
      Pictures attached.

• By Alanf
      Hello
      After plugging in a usb hard drive, I discovered that I can only watch a programme while recording  another from "Antenae" recording.
      How do I  switch back to "TV" recording please.
      Regards

• By Louise
      LG MT49S WON'T LET ME AGREE TO THE USER AGREEMENTS , SO I CAN ACCESS TV APPS
    • By TyneBridges
      I'm sharing photos from a Windows PC to my TV (8600PLA) and am able to see the folders and contents on the TV screen. However, I'm astonished by how primitive the interface seems to be - akin to PC apps maybe 20 years ago. There seems to be no way to simply select a folder and then view the images with in it. No "Select all" - really? It's not unusual for my folders to contain 100 or more images. Am I really expected to select the folder, select VIEW and then tick each image individually, before then going down to press the PLAY button? What if I have guests to whom I want to show the photos - are they supposed to wait while I go through this? This is so laborious that it will probably mean I just don't use the facility. 
      If there is a "Select all" option I would be grateful for help finding it. The link on the web site to instructions didn't work and the page https://eguide.lgappstv.com/manual/gb/12005.html (found through a Google search) didn't mention it.
      Thanks.