Quantcast

LG Showcases Latest Innovations at CES 2024

Company’s ‘Smart Life Solutions’ Offers Look Into Future Experiences to
‘Reinvent Your Future’ in Various Spaces Beyond the Home

LG-at-CES-2024_02.jpg

LAS VEGAS, Jan. 9, 2024 — LG Electronics (LG) is showcasing its smart life solutions at CES 2024, extending beyond the home to various spaces including mobility and commercial environments. Under the theme of “Reinvent your future,” LG’s exhibition presents how the company will elevate customer experiences in everyday lives through its latest innovations – including the transparent and wireless 4K LG SIGNATURE OLED TV; a smart home powered by artificial intelligence (AI), Internet of Things (IoT) and communication technologies; and the mobility concept Alpha-able.

The Ultimate TV Experience With Innovative Technology and Infinite Content

The heart of LG’s booth is the world’s first transparent and wireless 4K OLED TV, the LG SIGNATURE OLED T. Visitors are greeted by a massive media art display created by combining fifteen 77-inch OLED Ts, showcasing captivating video content with perfect black levels and vibrant colors. These displays gradually transform into a transparent OLED TV, revealing a new era uncovered by OLED T. The floating appearance of the OLED TVs emphasizes the wireless transmission of video and audio signals and connection to external devices, simplifying installation and providing more freedom in interior design.

A dedicated zone highlights the LG SIGNATURE OLED T’s transparent and wireless technology, which allows the TV to exceed the constraints of space and seamlessly blend into everyday life. Serving as a TV that complements the interior design of any space, the LG SIGNATURE OLED T offers an extension of future living experiences. Additionally, the transparent screen enhances the viewing experience of media artworks by adding depth and dimensionality.

Moving on to the next zone, visitors encounter an impressive tunnel structure featuring over 140 55-inch OLED displays. This webOS experience Zone serves as a platform to showcase an extensive range of content, curated through collaborations with diverse partners. An invitation to explore the world of entertainment powered by webOS platform, the webOS Zone treats guests to an extensive collection of video clips from a diverse range of genres, including highly anticipated series, games or sports. This immersive experience invites visitors to explore and indulge in the world of webOS, offering a captivating and interactive journey.

AI Technology Enhancing the ‘Smart Life Solution’ Experience

In the smart home exhibition zone, LG presents how AI technology can enhance its future smart life solutions. The company’s AI-powered smart home utilizes various sensors to not only digitize people’s lives but also proactively detect needs as well as propose tailored solutions based on customers’ words, actions and even emotions.

For example, the non-contact sensors installed in the house can measure and digitize customers’ heart and breathing rate, analyzing their health status to automatically adjust the indoor temperature and humidity.

In the future smart home, LG ThinQ will connect sensors and IoT devices installed throughout the home, acting as a service platform that autonomously controls the devices to ensure ideal settings without the need for customer intervention.

If, perhaps, a customer brings home a new pet cat, the microphones, cameras and mmWave sensors embedded in household devices detect the furry friend’s presence, automatically asking whether to download the ‘pet mode’ on LG ThinQ UP home appliances or recommending accessory kits specifically for pets. Additionally, the sensors even prioritize energy efficiency by switching smart products in unoccupied rooms to power-saving mode or turning them off when no one is home. The sensors can even activate crime prevention mode, sending notifications through the LG ThinQ app if any unusual activity is detected.

The zone also introduces the newly unveiled smart home AI agent, which moves on its own two wheels to welcome visitors. This AI agent serves as a versatile household assistant and a smart hub, offering comprehensive support in customers’ daily lives by connecting and managing household appliances and IoT devices. Equipped with a camera, speaker and a range of home monitoring sensors, it can gather real-time data of the home environment to facilitate appliance control. Its front display allows for expressive facial expressions, actively engaging and communicating with customers.

The commercial zone showcases a variety of customized services connected under the theme of traveling in Las Vegas. One notable example is the integration of LG MAGNIT, a Micro LED Display, with facial recognition and AI advertising solutions. This combination allows for personalized advertisements to be delivered to users in various locations, such as hotels, retail spaces and transportation areas. Other scenarios include customers receiving guidance from the GuideBot at a hotel or making payments through facial recognition at a cafe.

Alpha-able, LG’s Future Mobility Concept

Going beyond the home, LG recently redefined future cars as a “personalized digital cave.” To demonstrate this concept, the company established a dedicated zone featuring Alpha-able within its exhibition space. Alpha-able serves as a tangible representation of LG’s mobility vision, offering passengers a preview of the innovative solutions they can expect to experience in the future mobility environment.

The future mobility concept aims to deliver unique customer experiences based on three themes: Transformable, Explorable and Relaxable. By transforming the car into spaces reminiscent of home or office environments, passengers can find rest or work on the go. Alpha-able utilizes cutting-edge display technologies, including rollable, flexible and transparent displays, along with LG’s unrivaled home appliance technologies and solutions, to provide Transformable experiences that adapt to passengers’ needs. Additionally, Alpha-able offers Explorable experiences by delivering tailored information and content for unique situations, as well as Relaxable experiences for passengers to unwind and enjoy some personal time.

In addition to Alpha-able, LG has also dedicated a zone to showcase its electric vehicle (EV) charging solutions, a key growth area for the company. This zone highlights LG’s EV charger and control solution called e-Centric.

Experimental yet Innovative LG Labs and Sustainable Solutions Aligned Under ESG Vision

LG also unveiled a range of new products developed through LG Labs, the company’s experimental yet innovative product and services development project focused on creating unique customer experiences.

The LG Labs zone showcases a range of innovative products, including DukeBox by LG Labs, the all-in-one audio device seeking to reinvent the depth of audio and video experience with a modernized jukebox concept; DUOBO by LG Labs, a capsule coffee machine that extracts two flavors at once; and Bon Voyage by LG Labs, a customized living space designed to extend the life quality at home to nature. In addition, the zone includes products like LG CineBeam Qube and brid.zzz by LG Labs, which offer bold and innovative approaches to elevate the customer experience.

The company also set up the Better Life for All zone, dedicated to highlighting its efforts in environmental, social and governance initiatives. A notable feature in this zone was the LG mycup, a tumbler washer that made its debut at CES. Furthermore, LG presented its sustainable home solution, leveraging the capabilities of LG’s home energy platform to optimize energy management and utilization. This comprehensive solution offers users efficient usage, easy control and the ability to distribute renewable energy.

In addition, LG presented its ‘Universal UP Kit’, a range of accessories designed to assist all users in conveniently operating LG home appliances, regardless of gender, age or disabilities. Visitors had the opportunity to experience these accessories firsthand. The company also placed a strong emphasis on accessibility for everyone through its TV accessibility experiences.

Visitors can experience LG’s latest innovations at its CES booth (#16008, Las Vegas Convention Center) from January 9-12. For more information on LG products unveiled at CES 2024, please visit

link hidden, please login to view

# # #

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By herebedragons69
      I purchased an LG 86" UT8050 4K UHD LED Smart TV (2024) from JBHIFI in Australia. The TV was wall-mounted and set up by a local installer. I discovered that my TV has Chromecast built-in. I tried casting music from Roon, but Chrome immediately crashed and the TV shutdown. I tried again and the audio was distorted. I shut down and tried again and the audio stuttered. I tried Chromecasting with Qobuz and Plex and got the same result on audio playing out to my Yamaha RX-V6A and the TV speakers. I then tried to play audio from the Plex App in the LG WebOS. That played fine, without any distortion.
      Thinking this might have been a result of a hurried setup (the installer did this job "on the run" I reset the TV to factory defaults and set it up again. Everything went smoothly. But the problem with Chromecast persists. First time launching Chromecast the app crashed and the TV shutdown. 2nd try I got distorted audio to the receiver and to the TV speakers. Audio and Video are fine on all other apps. I can see no other faults.
      I've been Googling this and not seeing much info other than a few threads where people are saying that the LG built-in Chromecast feature does not work. I saw that one person returned his TV and the replacement had the same issue with built-in Chromecast. Most discussions on this issue are hijacked by people using a Chromecast streamer or dongle as opposed to the built-in Chromecast. They often talk about turning off this or that specific Chromecast setting, settings that are not accessible with a TV with built in Chromecast
      In the WebOs when I look at connected source devices Chromecast is there with a "Chromecast Settings" option. The settings have only one option and that is opt-in on sending crash data to Google. Apparently, Google is not monitoring the issue very closely.
      I listen to mostly Hi-Res audio. I wonder if the issue is caused by the bitrate of 24-bit Hi Res flac files. I did notice that when I cast audio that was CD quality (16-bit), the distortion did not occur. This is weird though because in the past I have been able to cast 24-bit audio to Chromecast-enabled devices without any problems.
      My TV says my firmware is up to date. I did not see a prompt to install a firmware update during setup. I've set software and app updates to be automatic.
      Appreciate any help or even a "Hey, it's not just you, this is a known issue, I've got this problem too".

• By News Reporter
      Company Sets New Record for Third Quarter Revenue  

SEOUL, Oct. 8, 2024 — LG Electronics Inc. (LG) today announced its preliminary earnings results for the third quarter of 2024, reporting a consolidated revenue of KRW 22.17 trillion and an operating profit of KRW 751.1 billion. 
      The company achieved record-high quarterly revenue, marking its fourth consecutive quarter of year-over-year revenue growth since the fourth quarter of 2023. However, operating profit declined compared to the same period last year due to increased logistics and marketing expenses in the second half of 2024. In a conference call held after the second quarter earnings announcement, the company mentioned the average maritime freight rate per container is expected to increase by approximately 58 percent year-over-year in the second half and marketing costs, including advertising expenses, are expected to rise. 
      For the first three quarters of 2024, cumulative revenue reached KRW 64.96 trillion, accompanied by an operating profit of KRW 3.28 trillion.    
      Despite challenges such as delayed demand recovery, rising raw material prices and shipping costs, LG has steadily increased its revenue over the past three quarters. The company’s efforts to upgrade its business portfolio—through changes in business models and methods and by strengthening its B2B operations, which are less sensitive to economic fluctuations—have sustained its growth and enhanced its core competitiveness. 
      Key initiatives, such as the introduction of subscription service business models and the expansion of volume-zone lineups alongside direct-to-consumer (D2C) sales, have driven consistent sales growth in core business areas like home appliances. On the profitability front, LG’s rapidly growing platform-based content and service businesses are increasingly contributing to overall operating profits. 
      In the home appliance sector, LG’s subscription services business continues to expand. Although third-quarter profitability was impacted by increased shipping costs and slower demand recovery in key markets, the company plans to address these challenges by diversifying its product portfolio, growing its online sales and tailoring offerings to meet regional market needs. 
      Although LG Magna e-Powertrain has experienced some impact from demand stagnation in electric vehicles, the vehicle components sector is ensuring a steady supply for its orders, which are already around KRW 100 trillion. Meanwhile, LG aims to increase sales of high-value-added products, including advanced driver assistance systems. 
      In the home entertainment sector, OLED TV demand saw a gradual recovery in key markets such as North America and Europe during the third quarter. However, increased cost for LCD panel prices compared to the same period last year affected overall profitability. LG’s webOS-based content and service business, a key contributor to the business’ operating profit, is expected to continue its rapid expansion. The company plans to strengthen its content offerings, enhance user experience, expand its ecosystem and boost its advertising business to drive future growth. 
      In the business solutions sector, LG is intensifying its customized offerings for specific verticals, leveraging its diverse product lineups. The company plans to expand its premium IT lineup, including AI PCs and gaming monitors, and secure future technologies such as virtual production solutions to support the ongoing growth of its commercial display business. Investments in promising new ventures, including robotics and electric vehicle chargers, will also continue steadily. 
      These figures are tentative consolidated earnings based on K-IFRS provided as a service to investors prior to LG Electronics’ final earnings results, including net profit. Details regarding each division will be announced officially later this month. 
      # # # 

• By MaheshD
      What is the latest LG web os support for TV model 49UJ752T-TB. Currently in this model of my LG tv showing 3.9.2, also neither I am not getting automatic updates not manual. Because of this certain apps are not available to my smart tv. Some of these apps are sony liv, jio, tata binge etc. 
      I req to plz help me how I can update lg web os for my TV model and which is the latest supported currently.
    • By MaheshD
      What is the latest LG web os support for TV model 49UJ752T-TB. Currently in this model of my LG tv showing 3.9.2, also neither I am not getting automatic updates not manual. Because of this certain apps are not available to my smart tv. Some of these apps are sony liv, jio, tata binge etc. 
      I req to plz help me how I can update lg web os for my TV model and which is the latest supported currently.
    • By News Reporter
      Winners Showcase Family-Friendly Gaming Innovations and
      Address the Growing Interest in AI Technologies at LG webOS Summit

SEOUL, Oct. 1, 2024 — LG Electronics (LG) announced the winners of its webOS TV platform hackathon, which took place at the LG webOS Summit last week. The event was geared toward AI-based solutions and gaming services, and sought ideas to enhance the gaming category on the Smart TV.
      Developers from around the world applied for the opportunity to present their ideas for apps or services to be used on webOS-based LG Smart TVs in millions of homes, with the goal of diversifying and improving the gaming experience on the LG TVs powered by webOS.
      Over three hundred entries were submitted from more than 50 countries. Finalists were invited to present their ideas onstage to a panel of LG executives and over 300 market-leading companies. The top three winners received a meaningful opportunity to engage with the LG team to develop their ideas and resources for business implementation on webOS. They will continue to work with the LG team to prepare the family-friendly gaming solutions for LG TVs by June 2025. Cash prizes were awarded to the top three winners of the hackathon, with the Grand Prize of USD 100,000 for first place, USD 80,000 for second place and USD 50,000 for third place.
      Grand Prize Winner: The Quest of Sunflower by Couchplay
      An epic adventure game based on an AI-generated story, featuring stunning graphics, immersive audio and responsive game play suitable for the whole family.
      Second place: Signs of Magic by Lukas Klingsbo
      Set in a magical world, this game follows the wizard Elowen as she battles invading creatures known as Astromentals. It integrates LG Magic Remote sensors to create an immersive experience that brings the action to life.
      Third place: Thormdeil: Into the Unknown by TV Games
      The first single-player RPG developed exclusively for a Smart TV platform, featuring seasonally AI-generated content. Players navigate dark dungeons, face survival challenges and uncover hidden truths.
      “The amount of participation and entries we received this year is proof of the growing interest in the AI and gaming categories,” said Chris Jo, senior vice president of platform business at LG Home Entertainment Company. “We’re no longer simply watching television. The developer ecosystem’s role in improving the lives of millions of consumers in their homes is exponential, and LG plans to hold this event annually to foster webOS app developer ecosystem.”
      # # #