Quantcast

• Own an LG TV or webOS device? Join our Forum!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

Sign in to follow this  
NewsDummy

PreCentral: Former HP CEO Leo Apotheker joins board of French IT company Steria

Former HP CEO Leo Apotheker joins board of French IT company Steria

Sometimes we're privileged to watch somebody go down in flames. If you're watching from the outside, it can be pretty amusing. If you've got chips in the game, it's galling and terrifying. But typically, you never expect to see that person again. It's a combination of stigma amongst those who watched it happen, and what we imagine would be utter embarrassment of the fallen.

Not so for

link hidden, please login to view
. After his eleven month reign of terror at the head of the world's largest technology company, Apotheker got the boot in favor of board member and former eBay CEO Meg Whitman. It wasn't until later that we saw
under Apotheker, though
. Apotheker went down in the kind of flames that made the reentry of Mir look like a kid with a sparkler running around in the back yard on the Fourth of July. He's the guy we though we would never ever see or hear from again, especially following his move back to France.

Nope. We were wrong. So very wrong. Leo's back. French IT company Steria appointed Apotheker and Laetitia Puyfaucher to their board last month, making the announcement today. In addition to her new position with Steria, Puyfaucher is the co-founder and chairwoman of global communications agency WordAppeal. Apotheker,

. Steria General Manager François Enaud, well, we're not going to judge him too harshly, because we really know nothing about him (or really Steria, for that matter), but he

"Given the widespread changes underway in our industry, Leo's expertise in strategic planning and Laetitia's in image development will be precious assets for our group."

Maybe they don't get CNBC in France?

mf.gif

a2t.imgh_uN-qAJMIs

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Topics

• By turtuv
      hi guys, I have an LG CX65 bought a month ago. it's already happened two times that while I was watching a normal TV channel the fireworks screensaver kicked in. After the first time I did a reset of the TV, but it happened again today. Someone has experienced this issue? If could be useful to know, I have an Xbox series x, a ps5 and a soundbar connected respectively to HDMI port 1, 2 and 3 and the consoles always stays in sleep mode. they works great, no problem at all, and the hdmi cables are brand new.
      the first time the fireworks kicked in while a was watching a news Channel i has only the soundbar and PS4 connected tho.
      I hope you can help me out

Inviato dal mio SM-G965F utilizzando Tapatalk

• By Alex
      HBO Max came out recently and unfortunately they haven't built an app for lg webOS TVs yet. 
      The following devices are supported by HBO Max. If a device is supported, you'll find the HBO Max app in the app store.
      Android phones and tablets (with Android OS 5+) Android TV (OS 5+) Apple TV (4th gen and later) Chromebooks Chromecast iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch (with iOS 12.2+) PC and Mac computers PlayStation 4 Samsung TV (2016+) Xbox One So if you have any of these devices hooked up to your LG webOS TV your solution is to use one of these methods.  

link hidden, please login to view You can also contact HBO directly by email at [email protected]
    • By Void Toast
      Please consider adding a new menu for 2017 OLED's  in HDR Game mode preset called "Static Tone Mapping" to picture options with a selection of 4000 nits (default) or 1000 nits.
      The reason so many complain about dim HDR on 2017 OLED's is down to an overly tone mapped image, game consoles HDR titles are mastered in 1000 nits range, LG's default tone mapping is set to 4000 nits and because the consoles do not send any HDR metadata, LG tone maps 1000 nits content to 4000 nits. We know this is the cause as advanced tools like HD Fury Vertex can trick the TV into thinking it's 1000 nits content and give correct looking HDR (very complex thing to setup far beyond normal users).
      This is entirely fixable by giving us a menu under game mode to force the TV to tone map to 1000 nits instead. If you read around online I'm almost certain this is what the special "Active HDR dynamic contrast = low" under Cinema mode does but this setting is not the same under any other preset.  Maybe the "Active HDR" trick is not possible under game mode but forcing the TV to 1000 nits tone mapping is because the HD Fury Vertex can do it so the TV has the capability.
      The 2018 models do not have this issue as they have "Dynamic Tone Mapping" under picture options so please throw us 2017 owners a bone on this, thanks.
      (Yes game consoles could possible fix this by sending metadata but that's unlikely).
    • By [email protected]
      Hello friends.
      I just bought an LG V30. Then I downloaded the game Idle Army Base on CHPlay to play.
      When the installation is complete, everything. During game play, sometimes I see the interface blinking on the screen.
      I installed the image normally, but still got the error.
      After much time searching, I deleted and downloaded the
      link hidden, please login to view version on TechSuspect to use
      Everything went very well. So I share with everyone..
    • By ajmboy
      I just finished watching Game of Thrones on HBO, never watched it when it was out. Now I'm wondering what other series should I start watching? 
      Westworld? I'm inclined to check out SEE on Apple TV. is anyone using Apple TV with LG webOS tvs?