Slate Cloud Plum Berry Lawn Lime Orange Coco

Welcome webOS Fan, Sign Up Free!

Create Account Sign In
This is LG webOS, which stands for "Lets Go webOS", a site dedicated to webOS and its fans. Like most online communities you must register to take part and post in this forum. This is a fast and free process that requires minimal information from you. Be a part of LG webOS by signing in or creating an account. You can also use your Facebook or Twitter account to make it even easier!

How do I play videos from my laptop via WiFi

Play videos from laptop

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Brendan Blacklock

Brendan Blacklock

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted January 19, 2015 - 12:26 PM

Is there an app that I can use to connect my laptop (apple) to my LG smart TV, I have just purchased a 4g LG model 55UB820V, I want to play videos on my hard drive to the TV via WiFi

Hope this is the correct forum

Thanks in advance

#2 wollyxx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted February 03, 2015 - 11:11 AM

You must google 'smartshare' or download at this link(official link from lg) :

Install this on your laptop.

Connect your tv and your pc at same router/modem wireless

On your TV>Home >smartshare

#3 feraug

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted February 24, 2015 - 01:55 PM

just put the movies or photos in the public folder pc C: \ Users \ Public \ Videos \ Sample Videos make the folder accessible to the network, enter the SmartShare TV devices go, there we are well networked PC, open the folder and run on the tv the contents of the folder, even movies ih hd.not all video formats are played though.But a trick c 'is to see many extensions rejected. Just change the 'extension for example: title film.mkw in title film.avi and software stupid com' is read it. software read film.avi
As the limit of reading files the programmer has only tied to its extension, in fact ancestors reads it, because inside the software also has the decoding extensions excluded, the law.

otherwise make the whole folder pc public access to the network, and display on the TV all that you put into it. photo folder, folder, movies, etc., etc.

this can also be a way to watch movies that TV with the mess of browser that does not allow you to view, download them in that folder to then from there you can vederli.solo that you have to keep the PC on.
Unfortunately get a tv that should exclude the home PC for functions that tell you, but then t realize that absolutely does that for which you have bought, they sold just smoke and mirrors.
in hindsight it was better just a tv, hd receiver combo and separate PC connected on it.
we really had a complete multimedia station, we were screwed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users