Quantcast

Sound but no picture.

Hello, can anyone help/offer any advice on this problem?

I have an LG 55” Led TV, model No: 55LB730V 

The problem started a little over a year ago when I had Virgin TV at the time, basically I lose the picture but still have sound.

Now, this is where it gets interesting, this only tends to happen on an external app like Netflix. It also happened on the Netflix channel on Virgin and the app on the Fire Stick.

It sometimes happened on the normal TV channels with Virgin, but this is not that common.

In April this year I switched to SKY TV, all seemed ok but then we started to watch 24 on Disney+ a week or so ago and it did it again (we’ve watched Disney for a while and it didn’t go off).

This time it wasn’t random, it happened when there would have been adverts played, i.e. when the time comes up with the 3-4 screens then skips forward a few mins (24 fans will know what I mean).

It’s the same if we put Disney on SKY or the Fire Stick. The normal tv channels with SKY seem to be ok, again it only seems to be an app when it goes off.

I’ve tried swapping the HDMI cables around and only using 1 at a time, none of which worked.

Any help would be greatly received.

Thanks in advance.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By victoranthony
      Hey everyone,
      I have had LG TV for just two years. Last weekend, when I turned it on, it showed a blank white screen but was still illuminated, with sound working. No LG logo or image appeared. I unplugged the TV and held the power button for 30 seconds while it was unplugged, and the screen issue fixed the issue for a week. 
      However, the same white screen problem has now returned, and the power reset trick no longer works.
      Should I contact a local TV repair technician or reach out to LG customer support first?  Any advice?
    • By JohnoFon
      I'm hard of hearing, and even with hearing aids I have to turn the volume so high that it deafens everyone else.
      It would make my life easier if I could listen on headphones while everyone else listens to the speaker.
    • By John Klingel
      I have read a few comments here about sound bars, but did not see much that is fairly new. We just bought an LG 75qned85t TV and would like to add an external sound bar. The reviews we have read so far are pretty discouraging until you get up over $500 or so. Are there any less expensive ones that will improve the sound significantly? It is a bit disappointing to spend this much on a TV and have sub-par sound. TIA. john 
    • By Low Grade
      i just started using a new LG 43UR7550 (cheapest model from them).......1st time using a LG as well as a Smart TV too.......and so far having a hard time adjusting the picture and sound (never had such problems with previous TVs)😒

1) sound is worse than i thought since the speakers are down-firing (my previous TV had front-firing speakers)...........it has the AI Sound Tuning - so after it had tuned the sound - do i set the Sound Mode to ''AI'' or should i use ''Custom Settings'' to use the equalizer ??😬

2) the TV has many different settings like Noise Reduction, TruMotion, etc.......so how to calibrate for best picture since i read that people say it's best to turn them all off ?😬

3) i can turn off the screen when watching free-to-air broadcast channels.........but can i turn off the screen if i'm using Youtube app on the TV..........?..........what if i use a HDMI cable from my PC to the TV - can i turn off the screen ?🤒

many thanks in advance😃
    • By bos2prov
      One of the annoying aspects of my experience with my model #55UQ7570PUJ LG TV is the short semi-musical sound clip that the TV plays when it’s turned on and off. My golden retriever is often napping and he doesn’t appreciate hearing it. I poked around in the menus and didn’t see a way to turn it off. Any ideas?